PDA

View Full Version : Defense Question for the Gurus

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Okay,

Chad Glasgow was quoted by a Tech paper to be bringing the 4-2-5 defense to Tech.

Tubbs in a seperate interview say they will be running multiple defenses such as 4-3 and 3-4.

From what I understand the 4-2-5 is becoming very popular because it can easily adapted into multiple different defensive fronts. Is this correct? Are these guys really talking the same language and I'm not smart enough to figure it out?

LoboesWT
02-03-2011, 12:12 PM
You are correct. The 4-2-5 can be very versatile in the fronts used.

kaorder1999
02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
yes..allows you to make changes a lot of times without changing personnel

pancho villa
02-03-2011, 12:57 PM
The 4-2-5 is the new name for a split 6 defense which has been around for years. The college coaches have to sound like they are smarter than high school coaches. I watch colleges do some very unsound things every Saturday that us high school coaches are smart enough to know not to do.

garciap77
02-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
The 4-2-5 is the new name for a split 6 defense which has been around for years. The college coaches have to sound like they are smarter than high school coaches. I watch colleges do some very unsound things every Saturday that us high school coaches are smart enough to know not to do.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ernest T Bass
02-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa

Hell, I see the same things on Sundays!
Football schemes have to be fluid. No coach worth a dime is gonna get into anything and just stay there. But, the general public(reporters especially) stop paying attention about 3 minutes into the explanation, so coaches just say "I run (insert commonly-known offense or defense here).