PDA

View Full Version : The Aggie that almost got away

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 10:51 AM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/02/02/11/Aggie-recruit-Ravens-LOI-forged-by-mothe/landing_big12.html?blockID=402772&feedID=3673

Aggie recruit Raven's LOI forged by mother

Floyd Raven says his mom was just trying to help when she forged his signature on a letter of intent to Mississippi Wednesday morning.

Instead, she only caused confusion. He had decided to go to Texas A&M.

"Long story short, my mom thought she was helping me out," Raven said in an interview with The Associated Press Wednesday evening. "I wasn't home and she sent it in. I never told her I had changed my mind to Texas A&M. I forgive her for it. It was an honest mistake."
Once Mississippi coach Houston Nutt learned that the letter of intent was forged he declined to get into specifics about the incident. All he would say was Raven's "mom really wanted him (at Ole Miss). Mom wanted him here in the worst way."

Raven, a highly regarded defensive back who played high school football at East St. John in Reserve, La., said the Ole Miss coaches were "very understanding" during the dilemma.

Texas A&M confirmed on Wednesday evening that Raven signed a letter of intent with the Aggies.

"I just liked the direction their program was going," Raven said. "I got close with a few of their players and it just felt like the right place for me."

Mississippi athletic spokesman Kyle Campbell said the school had trouble reading the initial letter of intent sent by fax machine, so the school requested another. Raven declined.

Nutt said he considered the incident finished and wanted to focus on his incoming class. Ole Miss announced 22 signees on Wednesday.

"I want them to want to be here," Nutt said of recruits. "The one thing I know about the other guys' signatures that (our coaches) received is that they want to be here. We'll leave it at that. Good luck to him."

Phil C
02-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Is this true or is this an Aggie joke?

:confused:

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

true

and a good pick up by the aggies

Phil C
02-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
true

and a good pick up by the aggies

Wasn't he originally going to Baylor?

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Wasn't he originally going to Baylor?

no he was strong on a&m for along time...then his mother got into the picture.

i saw him at the A&M/Nebraska game good looking as were the two other kids from East St. John that were with him (Jrs).

Phil C
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
This is one thing that I wish parents wouldn't be so pushy on. I say let the kid make up his mind and go where he wants. After all it is his life and where he is going to spend 4 years of his life. I think parents and friends should give their recommendations an opinions but let the kid make up his/her mind where they want to go. I have seen too many recruits want to go one place but to please parents they go somewhere else.

ivchris
02-03-2011, 05:15 PM

No Aggie joke, the guy can't write so his mom had to sign his name for him. He'll fit right in down at Texas A&M :)

Saggy Aggie
02-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
No Aggie joke, the guy can't write so his mom had to sign his name for him. He'll fit right in down at Texas A&M :) lol.... lemme a guess... a t-shirt fan?

No one with a degree would say something that ignorant, no matter where they're from.

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 05:18 PM
No Aggie joke, the guy can't write so his mom had to sign his name for him. He'll fit right in down at Texas A&M :)

thats "tier 1 university" Texas A&M to you.

zebrablue2
02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
lol.... lemme a guess... a t-shirt fan?

No one with a degree would say something that ignorant, no matter where they're from.

LOL!

coach
02-04-2011, 02:34 AM
knowing atm's luck we are going to wish he went to ole miss

PPHSfan
02-04-2011, 03:24 AM

Lol.

He's from Reserve Louisiana?

He's probably 26 yrs old. I'm sure he can write his name by now.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2011, 08:47 AM
:doh: :doh: :doh: Some kids' parents!

OldBison75
02-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Say what you want about ATM right now, but remember, he will probably be your boss in about 10 years with the education he will get there. AND, someone will show him this thread to make points with the boss.

PPHSfan
02-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Say what you want about ATM right now, but remember, he will probably be your boss in about 10 years with the education he will get there. AND, someone will show him this thread to make points with the boss.

We're talking about a football player right?

garciap77
02-04-2011, 10:29 AM

:D

OldBison75
02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes, he is a football player with a high GPA and high SAT scores. He is very intelligent and will succeed, even if not at football.

ivchris
02-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
lol.... lemme a guess... a t-shirt fan?

"Lighten up Francis"

My uncle is an Aggie.......Aggie joke books are printed at A&M. If ya'll can't take a little ribbing about Aggie land, I guess you should have attended Texas!

navscanmaster
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
"Lighten up Francis"

My uncle is an Aggie.......Aggie joke books are printed at A&M. If ya'll can't take a little ribbing about Aggie land, I guess you should have attended Texas!

You want to see some good old fashioned Aggie hatred? Go over to baylorfans. I only thought Longhorn fans hated the Ags. Those guys are off the charts...

PPHSfan
02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Do they still have the Bevo urinal cakes in the pissers at College Station?