PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite endzone celebration?

Cam
02-03-2011, 10:38 AM
I've got two:

Chad Ochocinco looked hilarious doing the "Riverdance" dance..
But the one that really got me laughing happened at the Burnet/Liberty Hill game two seasons ago. Burnet junior WR Brandon Jacque was on his way to an 80 yard TD reception. When he got to about the 10 yard line he pulled up, grabbed his right hammy, and limped into the endzone. The loud cheering went to "oh-no's" in a split second. When Brandon came to a stop in the endzone, he started doing the "stanky leg dance"...Of course, he got penalized by the ref and received a real good chewing out by the Burnet coaching staff. They also made him write a letter of apology to the LH team so I hear. My son didn't like it when it happened, but I gotta admit, it was funny! What's yours?

YTBulldogs
02-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Hand the ball to the ref and act like you've been there before is my fav.

wildstangs
02-03-2011, 10:40 AM
The "hand the ball to the official, and run back to your sideline" celebration. Sometimes described as "Act like you have been there before."

YTBulldogs
02-03-2011, 10:43 AM
With the new penality enforcement for USC going into effect this coming season, they better learn how to just act like they've been there before.

I can see a few win's becoming a loss with the new enforcement the coaches created. Coaches, warn your kids now I say to prevent heartaches.

Cam
02-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
The "hand the ball to the official, and run back to your sideline" celebration. Sometimes described as "Act like you have been there before."

No doubt that's the right thing to do. But there will always be folks who color outside the lines....

Sweetwater Red
02-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

I agree. Do it just like this guy did.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/Barry-1.jpg

LoboesWT
02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
If you are the opposing team and do not want to see the celebration than do not let them score! My favorites are simple ones that do not get you flagged. The hand raised number one sign or the bilateral bicep flex. Kids just letting a little emotion out does not hurt anyone.

BaseballUmp
02-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Ickey Shuffle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-m-Fmd1lY)

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

made famous by the "Tyler Rose" Earl Campbell.

Cam
02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Ickey Shuffle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-m-Fmd1lY)

There's one for the Icky shuffle! This question arose from an Austin sports radio talk show and the Icky shuffle won flat out!

BaseballUmp
02-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Haha yea these days, it's a new one every week. Nobody sticks anything good anymore really except for Aaron Rodgers new Championship Belt move

Still like the shuffle and dirty bird

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 11:43 AM
who used to do the Quake?

DUKE22
02-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
who used to do the Quake? Butch Johnson did I think. I like the Dirty Bird, the fun bunch from Washington, and of course Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

NastySlot
02-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Butch Johnson did I think. I like the Dirty Bird, the fun bunch from Washington, and of course Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

correct........Butch Johnson and his "California Quake"

Cam
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Butch Johnson did I think. I like the Dirty Bird, the fun bunch from Washington, and of course Billy "White Shoes" Johnson.

Didn't "White Shoes" start it all?

DDBooger
02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
I like the, do it like you may never be there again, celebration. lol I can't remember what player it was, but he hugged the goal post and acted like he powerbombed it. It was hilarious.

Bo Jackson taking it in to the tunnel was cool!

DUKE22
02-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Didn't "White Shoes" start it all? I would say so at least he is the first I can remember doing anything.

Ranger Mom
02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
I never was a big TO fan, but I still thought it was funny he scored then grabbed that guys popcorn!!

db1980
02-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm one that doesn't mind a fist pump or the jump and bump shoulders or the team celebration with helmet slaps. However I hate the junk where two guys act something out like sparring.

Trashman
02-03-2011, 03:38 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FmrPirate14
02-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Joe Horn-"Cellphone"

TheDOCTORdre
02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Saw a guy pole dance on the field goal post...it was awkward

big daddy russ
02-03-2011, 08:47 PM
My favorite. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8N22yd3EIA)

coach
02-03-2011, 09:32 PM
the whole, act like you have been there before. is so annoying. you did something good...celebrate. spike the ball, high five, do a funny dance, i love all that stuff....what i dont like is the taunting. that is bad sportsmanship. Is it a bad sport to do the dirtybird or eat popcorn or use a cell phone...no...is it when you point to an opponent or anything like that...yes...

I love seeing guys having fun and celebrating. I think it's funny, you hear old farts say "PLay to have fun". But the second you see a guy having fun and celebrating, they cry, "ACT LIKE YOUV"S BEEN THERE BEFORE!" It is very annoying

YTBulldogs
02-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by coach
the whole, act like you have been there before. is so annoying. you did something good...celebrate. spike the ball, high five, do a funny dance, i love all that stuff....what i dont like is the taunting. that is bad sportsmanship. Is it a bad sport to do the dirtybird or eat popcorn or use a cell phone...no...is it when you point to an opponent or anything like that...yes...

I love seeing guys having fun and celebrating. I think it's funny, you hear old farts say "PLay to have fun". But the second you see a guy having fun and celebrating, they cry, "ACT LIKE YOUV"S BEEN THERE BEFORE!" It is very annoying

Ya'll write the rules coach. Why don't ya'll let them spike the rock, hide a cell phone under the goal post padding anyways?

Old Tiger
02-03-2011, 11:50 PM
http://alltalksports.wordpress.com/files/2007/09/to-dallas-star.jpg

coach
02-04-2011, 02:23 AM
Ya'll write the rules coach. Why don't ya'll let them spike the rock, hide a cell phone under the goal post padding anyways?

I agree that you can't have foreign objects enter the playing field, but not being able to spike the football is dumb. Again, celebrating is completely different than taunting. I mean if a kid scores a game winning TD should he just act like he has "been" there before. NO, celebrate, spike the ball, I don't care, just don't taunt the other team.

gobblerfan34
02-04-2011, 02:53 AM

and that you plan on getting there again

that by far is the favorite to me, not a fan of the showboating

GO MEAN GREEN

PPHSfan
02-04-2011, 03:18 AM
In highschool I like hand the ref the ball.
In college I like the school hand sign.
In the pros, I love to see rich athletes have to pay ten grand for acting stupid.
It brings a tear of joy to my eye.

Matthew328
02-04-2011, 08:53 AM
football is a game of emotion and I don't mind kids or grown men getting fired up after scoring. Taunting is one thing and its a REALLY fine line.

That being said anytime a fat guy scores a touchdown it amuses me because they probably never have been there before and they have to get it all in because they may not ever go back!

db1980
02-04-2011, 09:50 AM
I agree that you can't have foreign objects enter the playing field, but not being able to spike the football is dumb. Again, celebrating is completely different than taunting. I mean if a kid scores a game winning TD should he just act like he has "been" there before. NO, celebrate, spike the ball, I don't care, just don't taunt the other team.

You agree that you can't have foreign objects enter the field, but you just said that eating popcorn and Cell phones are alright. Which is it?

Celebrating a "game winning" TD cost Georgia the game against LSU this past fall.

NHSBulldog75
02-04-2011, 11:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0EVm7fi0iQ

Emerson1
02-04-2011, 11:35 AM

It's better that old people hate celebrations unless it's a guy from their generation that was known for doing it and they think it's fine.

bigwood33
02-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Historically I like the Billy "White Shoes" Johnson celebration but lately I have been liking this one.

Phil C
02-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Didn't "White Shoes" start it all?

That's the one that I first remember. I agree with wildstangs on handing the ball to the officials and getting to your sidelines and celebrating there. I remember Coach George Allen who coached the Washington Redskins to the Super Bowl once said that he told his backs to hand the ball to the officials and go celebrate on the sidelines with your teammates because he said this is a business and you need to have a certain amount of business procedures.

coach
02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by db1980
You agree that you can't have foreign objects enter the field, but you just said that eating popcorn and Cell phones are alright. Which is it?

Celebrating a "game winning" TD cost Georgia the game against LSU this past fall.

That's exactly what it is....I loved when they did it and thought it was hilarious, but at the same time i think they shout outlaw foreign objects.