PDA

View Full Version : Football weather!

XMan
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Ok, I know im going to get slammed AGAIN, but here I go again. I see no reason why baseball/softball (warm weather sports) are trying to practice/play in the frigid weather of Jan/Feb/Mar while football (cool weather sport) tries to play/workout in the extreme heat of Aug/Sept/Oct. I know its crazy, crazy, and more crazy but if the two were switched it would make so much more sense. Baseball/softball:Aug 1-Sat before Thanksgiving, football Jan 3-end of May. Just saying........

Old LB
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Ok, I know im going to get slammed AGAIN, but here I go again. I see no reason why baseball/softball (warm weather sports) are trying to practice/play in the frigid weather of Jan/Feb/Mar while football (cool weather sport) tries to play/workout in the extreme heat of Aug/Sept/Oct. I know its crazy, crazy, and more crazy but if the two were switched it would make so much more sense. Baseball/softball:Aug 1-Sat before Thanksgiving, football Jan 3-end of May. Just saying........

Are you smokin crack?:smoker: :thinking:

zebrablue2
02-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by XMan

and maybe we can move summer to nov-april. have to talk to the man upstairs about that one:D

Emerson1
02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Because 97% of teams would have been practicing in a basketball gym this week. A little bit easier and more productive to do that with baseball and softball.

hookandladder
02-03-2011, 07:27 AM
La Grange baseball had full scale workout yesterday on the the field , a little cool but was not bad til late in the evening. Who else brave the weather yesterday.

XMan
02-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Many of the teams have indoor football workout areas. Practicing in the cold would eliminate the heat related illnesses/death that take place each year in football.

pirate4state
02-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Sorry, it's not like this is new. Happens EVERY year. Deal with it or stop coaching/following baseball/softball. I have more softball hoodies than I do football hoodies! :D Such is life in South Texas! :cheerl:

44INAROW
02-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sorry, it's not like this is new. Happens EVERY year. Deal with it or stop coaching/following baseball/softball. I have more softball hoodies than I do football hoodies! :D Such is life in South Texas! :cheerl:

I've been to all kinds of sporting event in the last 40+ years - 32 of them following my boys.. the coldest I EVER have been was in 1998 - Ground Hog Soccer Tourney in San Antonio - I think it was like 18 degrees and the wind was blowing 30 mph.. Miserable - (but the Cuero Strikers went undefeated and kicked Eagle Pass's ***, so it was worth it) but the 2nd coldest I've been was at a baseball tourney in Manor, Tx Feb, 2005 (we started a game at 10:30 pm no joke) I have no idea what the temp was but it was miserable - the boys (and coaches) were taking turns sitting in parents vehicles.. we got home after 3:00 am... The final games were cancelled the next day.. DUH :doh: :hand: Cold weather is cold weather and sports are sports - goes hand in hand.. Wouldn't have it any other way,.....