PDA

View Full Version : Forney folks...

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 02:29 PM
You guys lost the D2 championship in '00 to LG, right? What was your enrollment and who beat you out for D1? Was that Aledo or something?

Sorry if I'm bringing up bad memories or something, just thought about it a couple of days ago and just wanted to ask...

Thanks...

crzyjournalist03
10-22-2003, 02:33 PM
We were in 11-3A and Quinlan went DI

3afan
10-22-2003, 03:00 PM
on the contrary Gobbla - the march to the state title game was unbeilevable. nothing but good memories. sure it would have been nice to win that final game, but the journey was super.

jason
10-22-2003, 03:18 PM
it was fun to watch...that blanton kid sure was fast.... :D

kaorder1999
10-22-2003, 03:23 PM
that was an interesting year...blanton missed the first of the year with a knee injury...Forney lost in the predistrict schedule to aledo, lindale and mexia....was 2-3 going into district play without blanton. Forney went 4-1 in District!

Commerce did win the district so Forney, Commerce and Quinlan went to the playoffs.

Commerce and Forney were D2 and Quinlan was D1.

Id have to say that the Forney team that year was one of the best 5-loss 3A teams I had ever seen!

jason
10-22-2003, 03:56 PM
kaorder1999:
that was an interesting year...blanton missed the first of the year with a knee injury...Forney lost in the predistrict schedule to aledo, lindale and mexia....was 2-3 going into district play without blanton. Forney went 4-1 in District!

Commerce did win the district so Forney, Commerce and Quinlan went to the playoffs.

Id have to say that the Forney team that year was one of the best 5-loss 3A teams I had ever seen!yup and 4-1 in the playoffs aint too shabby...

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 03:57 PM
jason:

kaorder1999:

Id have to say that the Forney team that year was one of the best 5-loss 3A teams I had ever seen!yup and 4-1 in the playoffs aint too shabby...5-1, you mean?

jason
10-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Gobbla2001:

jason:

kaorder1999:

Id have to say that the Forney team that year was one of the best 5-loss 3A teams I had ever seen!yup and 4-1 in the playoffs aint too shabby...5-1, you mean?yup 5-1