PDA

View Full Version : Sinton66 is home from the hospital

Ranger Mom
02-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Here is the message his wife left on facebook:

We are officially home from the hospital...and doing laundry.
Life is good! Tony will see one doctor on Friday and the other on Monday and they will decide treatment after they confer. Thanks for all the prayers and messages.

coach
02-02-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Here is the message his wife left on facebook:

We are officially home from the hospital...and doing laundry.
Life is good! Tony will see one doctor on Friday and the other on Monday and they will decide treatment after they confer. Thanks for all the prayers and messages.

thats awesome! i heard they let him go bc they were tired of hime being there. lol jk Tony.

Also, The First United Method Church of Fairfield is praying for you Tony!

bobcat1
02-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Good News. Hospital time is terrible. Get well Tony. We need you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

zebrablue2
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
That is great news indeed! Get well quick 66, we need you.

garciap77
02-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Great news!
http://yoursmiles.org/gsmile/word/g20054.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/g-word.php?page=6)

SintonFan
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Keep on keeping Tony! I'll be up that way soon to visit and maybe see if you have some wine to try.;) :cool: :)

sinton66
02-03-2011, 08:51 AM
It is good to be home for sure. My bed is 100 times more comfortable than that hospital bed. As my wife said, I go to the urologist Friday to get the catheter removed. Then I have to go see the oncologist Monday.

The oncologist has confirmed cancer of the prostate and it has spread to the bones. That's why I had to go in to the hospital to get blood. In all they gave me six units of blood. The tramsfusions will most likely have to continue about once a month. He says he is confident they can get me 2 to 5 years with the hormone therapy before having to take chemo and radiation. The best news thus far is everything from this point forward can be done on an outpatient basis at the doctor's office. He says he fully expects me to be able to return to work next week.

My wife made a good choice a few years back when the school insurance offered cancer policies and she signed me up for one, so it also looks like most of this will be covered by insurance. This could turn out to be a financial nightmare without that insurance. From what I'm hearing, those hormone treatments ring up $4600 for each monthly treatment. So far, both doctors are staying upbeat and positive they can help.

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 09:00 AM
That is great news Tony. Still praying for you my friend.

44INAROW
02-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Great news Tony.. continued prayers for strength, healing and comfort :)

zebrablue2
02-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Great news Tony.. continued prayers for strength, healing and comfort :)

+1

AP Panther Fan
02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Glad you are home '66. Your own bed, sofa, remote control....no nurses harrassing you...:clap: :clap: :clap:

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe you will have some extra time to keep some of these bozos in line while you recuperate.;)

Hang in there!:)

pirate4state
02-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Great news Tony.. continued prayers for strength, healing and comfort :) +2

Check out my sig....I expect you to be at our first home game. :)

Bullaholic
02-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Welcome home, Tony. Glad things are going better, and you can fight to get even better. Lots of time for you to read the Downlow...Take care, and God Bless all of you...

AP Panther Fan
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
+2

Sinton66, please make her stop bragging....give her an official warning or something!:wave:

pirate4state
02-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Sinton66, please make her stop bragging....give her an official warning or something!:wave: LOL I think I'm gonna print up a special poster just for YOU! :kiss:

AP Panther Fan
02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
LOL I think I'm gonna print up a special poster just for YOU! :kiss:

and I have a very "special" place to hang it.....:D

lulu
02-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm so glad to see you are home and posting. My prayers arewith you everyday and will continue. You know you made a special place in my heart last year cause you were so nice about the certificate and all. Love to you and your family and stay strong mentally. You can beat this. God can take on all odds. Just keep saying AGAINST ALL ODDS.....GOD CARRIES ME. :)

garciap77
02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
+2

I Like!
http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/pirates/t3814.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/h-pirates.php?page=1)

Charlie47
02-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Tony, Having been through cancer I can tell you that
two things are paramount in your recovery. Those are
your Faith and a very positive mental attitude. Just pray for and Expect a Miracle. I and many others will be praying with and for you and your family! Hang tough!:clap:

Pendragon13
02-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Abilene!

Incedentally...I've always wondered what the "66" in your name means. Year of graduation? Jersey number? Birth year?

sinton66
02-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Graduated from Sinton High School in 1966.

Charlie47
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

Boy we're real close to the same age. I graduated in '65. ;)

bobcat1
02-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Boy we're real close to the same age. I graduated in '65. ;) Gosh y'all are old.:D

Charlie47
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Gosh y'all are old.:D

and some are just kids;)

garciap77
02-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Charlie47
Boy we're real close to the same age. I graduated in '65. ;)

Where have you been Charlie? You need to come here any play Old Man!!!!!:D

;)

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Glad you got to make it home so quickly! It was good to talk to you the other day. Keep your positive outlook and make certain that you do what the doctors and your boss (aka wife lol) tell you. :)

sinton66
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Update on my status. It has been confirmed that I have prostate cancer that has spread to the bladder and the bones. My onocologist gave me my first hormone injection Monday afternoon. He says he can give me 2-5 years before having to go with chemo/radiation, and then is confident he can give me 15-20 years in comfort. Method of treatment will be monthly hormone injections and monthly infusions of "Zometa" for the bones. Overall, we're happy with the prognosis and are praying he's right. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Phil C
02-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Update on my status. It has been confirmed that I have prostate cancer that has spread to the bladder and the bones. My onocologist gave me my first hormone injection Monday afternoon. He says he can give me 2-5 years before having to go with chemo/radiation, and then is confident he can give me 15-20 years in comfort. Method of treatment will be monthly hormone injections and monthly infusions of "Zometa" for the bones. Overall, we're happy with the prognosis and are praying he's right. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

Great news! It is encouraging and amazing the things they are able to do now that couldn't be done even just five years ago.

Vrabird
02-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Glad to hear that you are receiving such encouraging news!! Stay positive and put your troubles in God's hands. We are still praying for your healing here in Sinton. Hope to see you soon at the Pirate games.

pirate4state
02-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
Glad to hear that you are receiving such encouraging news!! Stay positive and put your troubles in God's hands. We are still praying for your healing here in Sinton. Hope to see you soon at the Pirate games. Amen!

SintonFan
02-11-2011, 08:03 PM

Tony, let me know what I can do to help.

You are in our prayers, friend.:)

lulu
02-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Still praying...every day

bobcat1
02-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Update on my status. It has been confirmed that I have prostate cancer that has spread to the bladder and the bones. My onocologist gave me my first hormone injection Monday afternoon. He says he can give me 2-5 years before having to go with chemo/radiation, and then is confident he can give me 15-20 years in comfort. Method of treatment will be monthly hormone injections and monthly infusions of "Zometa" for the bones. Overall, we're happy with the prognosis and are praying he's right. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. That's awesome as bad as it sounds. I am still in your corner Tony. Praying for complete healing.

lulu
02-14-2011, 02:12 AM
ttt

SintonFan_inAustin
02-16-2011, 12:26 PM
prayers from Calallen

j_dog
02-16-2011, 04:25 PM
older than dirt! get yourself well!