PDA

View Full Version : USC recruiting?

SWMustang
02-02-2011, 02:06 PM
How are they pulling a top 10 class? How can they sign 31 players when they were supposed to lose scholarships? This doesn't make sense to me.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
How are they pulling a top 10 class? How can they sign 31 players when they were supposed to lose scholarships? This doesn't make sense to me.

They oversign, but not give scholorships to all. Some will go to JUCO.

Phil C
02-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I also think they can pick the year over the next several years which year they will have restricted. Big mistake by the NCAA to give them the option but that is the favor big schools have. Now if it had been A&M or SMU.

crzyjournalist03
02-02-2011, 02:19 PM
USC is currently in the process of appealing the multiple-year scholarship losses.

We'll see what if anything comes of it, but I don't know if they're hoping for an overturn, hence the high signing numbers.

BEAST
02-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
USC is currently in the process of appealing the multiple-year scholarship losses.

We'll see what if anything comes of it, but I don't know if they're hoping for an overturn, hence the high signing numbers.

Since they are appealing the ruling, for now at least, they are free to sign as normal. Now, next year they will probably only have about 10-12 scholarships. Thats why they are loading up this year. Most of these kids will probably red shirt in an attempt to prolong their college status.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
I just heard on the radio, USC only signed 14 kids last year. They did two things this year, they are appealing which is going to set them back a year on sanctions, and they are counting some of this years against the lack of signees last year.

It's a little shady if you ask me but they are already on the NCAA bullseye so I'm not too worried.

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0227w4vIq4&feature=youtu.be

Take a look at this reporter. Did you hear anything fishy?

Alumni can't make calls for recruiting form what I understand

"The NCAA prohibits all boosters from: Contacting prospects, relatives, or guardians. Calling, writing, or contacting a prospect on or off campus for recruiting purposes"

"The NCAA rulebook states that no "booster" may contact a recruit. They also identify boosters as "anyone who has been a member promoting university athletics. Anyone who has donated to the university's athletic department, and anyone who participated as a varsity athlete at the university"

http://www.usctrojans.com/support-groups/guidelines.html

Total crap unless this chick just has no idea what she's talking about

poisoned10
02-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Total crap unless this chick just has no idea what she's talking about

I believe we have found the problem.

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I believe we have found the problem.

She was on-site but that dosn't mean much. ESPN needs to put a muzzle on her if she dosn't know what she is doing

Old Tiger
02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
I just heard on the radio, USC only signed 14 kids last year. They did two things this year, they are appealing which is going to set them back a year on sanctions, and they are counting some of this years against the lack of signees last year.

It's a little shady if you ask me but they are already on the NCAA bullseye so I'm not too worried. But for those to count toward last year they need a lot of them to enroll for this spring semester.

RoyceTTU
02-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
But for those to count toward last year they need a lot of them to enroll for this spring semester.

8 did, don't think that bridges the gap though

Old Tiger
02-04-2011, 03:02 PM
8 did, don't think that bridges the gap though That means they got 20 kids for the 2011 class.

I think 5 of them will enroll and pay their own schooling and count as a walk on. I think that is how they got around it.