PDA

View Full Version : Great Weather News Everyone!

Phil C
02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
And we could use it but today was groundhog day and he didn't see his shadow! This means an early spring. It only happens about once every six years. Great news indeed!

MUSTANG69
02-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
And we could use it but today was groundhog day and he didn't see his shadow! This means an early spring. It only happens about once every six years. Great news indeed!

Seems like Mother Nature is trying to make up for it. It is cold.:(

LionFan72
02-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Very promising news, but with a 50-50 shot, Phil is not much of a forecaster, kinda like most.......:p Here's hoping for a early spring!

Pendragon13
02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Very promising news, but with a 50-50 shot, Phil is not much of a forecaster, kinda like most.......:p Here's hoping for a early spring! That's good enough to qualify him to act as a meteorologist for any tv station in the country.:cool:

Phil C
02-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
That's good enough to qualify him to act as a meteorologist for any tv station in the country.:cool:

:D :clap:

Cam
02-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

I don't know about this groundhog thing....damn groundhogs don't even live in Texas although it is a member of the squirrel family. If a groundhog popped out of a hole here on a cloudy or sunny day, I'd probably shoot it! Isn't groundhog day kinda of a northern thing? Isn't the biggest celebration of groundhog day in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania? Heck, I can't even pronounce that name...And let's face, those folks could care less about Texas and our weather... I think we should create our own "groundhog" day and use a native animal. How about opossumday instead? Or maybe armadilloday.....

MUSTANG69
02-02-2011, 06:33 PM
They have some kind of critter in Petronila, TX(Nueces County) named Petronila Phil. I'm waiting for his forecast.

Cam
02-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
They have some kind of critter in Petronila, TX(Nueces County) named Petronila Phil. I'm waiting for his forecast.

there you go...I'd trust that one over a groundhog...

AP Panther Fan
02-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Cam
Or maybe armadilloday.....

Armadillo makes it across Interstate 10 .... early spring....if it gets hit....six more weeks of winter. Makes sense to me.

My husband loves that movie "Groundhog Day" and it drives me absolutely crazy. You watch the same thing over and over and over for 2 hours. Really irritates me.

Cam
02-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Armadillo makes it across Interstate 10 .... early spring....if it gets hit....six more weeks of winter. Makes sense to me.

My husband loves that movie "Groundhog Day" and it drives me absolutely crazy. You watch the same thing over and over and over for 2 hours. Really irritates me.

I like it...but man, Interstate 10? You're brutal!.... guess our winter's are always gonna be long....:D

SintonFan_inAustin
02-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I like it...but man, Interstate 10? You're brutal!.... guess our winter's are always gonna be long....:D its better odds than trying to cross Interstate 35 :)