PDA

View Full Version : To all of the folks along the Teaxas coast....

SintonFan
07-15-2003, 12:38 AM
Please take all precautions! We want all of you to come back to this board! This hurricane WILL be nasty for some!!! God bless all of you...

Blackcat03
07-15-2003, 01:58 AM
I hope all of yall down that way stay safe and as dry as possible. Yall will be in my prayers.

sinton66
07-15-2003, 09:45 PM
Man, I saw some nasty pictures on the leader for the evening news. Gotta watch the ten o'clock news and see what all happened.

sinton66
07-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Looks like Victoria got it pretty bad. News said the storm spawned six or seven tornadoes in that area. 70% of Victoria without power. One lady killed when a storm weakened tree fell on her. News said winds of sustained 94 mph hit Point Comfort and that area with gusts up to 104mph. Sheet metal buildings ripped up and scattered. One beach front community, Surfside, south of Galveston had three homes burn down because the fire department couldn't get to them.

Gobbla2001
07-15-2003, 11:20 PM
My parents live in Point Comfort (across the causeway from Port Lavaca, where their HS gym had the roof blown off)... I just moved a couple of week ago so I wasn't there for anything... They took their camper and boat into Victoria (outside of Victoria accually) and they are doing good... They said the wind was horrible... About 10 miles north of Point Comfort lies a little community called Port Alto... Every building there was damaged... Wind Wind Wind, Rain Rain Rain...