PDA

View Full Version : Signing day

Cam
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I think it would be cool to post your school's signings. Do we do this already on the downlow?

Phantom Stang
02-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I think it would be cool to post your school's signings. Do we do this already on the downlow?
Nah, we're all just a bunch of humble folks, who would never brag about kids from our hometowns.

lostaussie
02-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Nah, we're all just a bunch of humble folks, who would never brag about kids from our hometowns. :D. Almost got the computer screen!!

garciap77
02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Cam

You go first!:D

Cam
02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You go first!:D

I can't. Not sure what Burnet kids are signing, if any. There are some rumors I'm hearing. Might know more tomorrow. So, you go first! I'm sure Wylie has some kids going somewhere. What about the Nasser kid?

garciap77
02-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I can't. Not sure what Burnet kids are signing, if any. There are some rumors I'm hearing. Might know more tomorrow. So, you go first! I'm sure Wylie has some kids going somewhere. What about the Nasser kid?

Don't think we have any Div I.

skins4life
02-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Nah, we're all just a bunch of humble folks, who would never brag about kids from our hometowns.

And some of us use sarcasm to the max!! :D :D

buckeyebob
02-02-2011, 06:34 AM

Ditto here & I am sure Rocket will join me.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Texas Tech!!!

Matt Wilson, OL, Coldspring Oakhurst HS (Coldspring, TX)
OFFENSIVE LINE, 6'7/270 Three-star prospect by both Rivals and Scout ... earned First-Team District 22-3A honors his senior season.

"A very athletic and physical player that is around 260 pounds right now. After some time with Joe Walker and our strength staff we think he can grow into a special player and do a lot of great things down the road."
- Tommy Tuberville

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Not 3a but great nevertheless

Cooper Washington, DE, Muleshoe HS (Muleshoe, TX)
DE, 6'4/225 Three-star prospect by Rivals, Scout and ESPN.com ... ranked by Rivals as the No. 64 player in the state of Texas ... member of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Texas' Top 100 ... 2010 All-West Texas selection .... Class AA Defensive Player of the Year by the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal ... Honorable Mention AP All-State ... named the Built Ford Tough Texas Player of the Week in early November ... named the District 1-2A Offensive Most Valuable Player in 2010 after throwing for 1,947 and 27 touchdowns during the regular season as the Mules quarterback ... defensively he racked up 52 tackles, including 14 for a loss, six sacks, 17 quarterback hurries, one force fumble and an interception.

"A very athletic player who runs great and plays with a great motor. He is a long and rangy defender that will fit in well with our scheme."
- Tommy Tuberville

This kids was a OU verbal commit that Tech flipped over the past week. Great News!!!!

NastySlot
02-02-2011, 10:14 AM
been told the aggies signed all the ones committed and might have picked up a louisiana kid at the last min.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Not 3a but great nevertheless

Cooper Washington, DE, Muleshoe HS (Muleshoe, TX)
DE, 6'4/225 Three-star prospect by Rivals, Scout and ESPN.com ... ranked by Rivals as the No. 64 player in the state of Texas ... member of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Texas' Top 100 ... 2010 All-West Texas selection .... Class AA Defensive Player of the Year by the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal ... Honorable Mention AP All-State ... named the Built Ford Tough Texas Player of the Week in early November ... named the District 1-2A Offensive Most Valuable Player in 2010 after throwing for 1,947 and 27 touchdowns during the regular season as the Mules quarterback ... defensively he racked up 52 tackles, including 14 for a loss, six sacks, 17 quarterback hurries, one force fumble and an interception.

"A very athletic player who runs great and plays with a great motor. He is a long and rangy defender that will fit in well with our scheme."
- Tommy Tuberville

This kids was a OU verbal commit that Tech flipped over the past week. Great News!!!!

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1043/1053661.jpg

I love it, check out the background :D

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 10:41 AM
With all the new technology out there, does it seem silly that this process is driven by the "Fax Machine". Maybe it's me but that seems like old tech.

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I was just told that Gilmer's Gus Johnson won't be signing with Tulsa because the offer was pulled.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I was just told that Gilmer's Gus Johnson won't be signing with Tulsa because the offer was pulled.

I hate that. Thats rough on the kids. Univ get upset when kids flip, how do they think the kids feel when they do the same. Sorry for the news

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 11:21 AM
I hate that. Thats rough on the kids. Univ get upset when kids flip, how do they think the kids feel when they do the same. Sorry for the news

That's just word from my brother-in-law who is a student at Gilmer and was a senior on the football team. Don't know that it is 100% true.

Just want to make sure everyone knows that didn't come from anyone related to Gus or any of the Gilmer coaches.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:22 AM
That's just word from my brother-in-law who is a student at Gilmer and was a senior on the football team. Don't know that it is 100% true.

Just want to make sure everyone knows that didn't come from anyone related to Gus or any of the Gilmer coaches.

When the dust settles today, he might get another offer. Today by no means is the end.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Kent Tueren of FL de-committed to USC.

Walks into NSD with a Tech cap on. Then signs with UGA.

What class :doh:

nobogey72
02-02-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Cam

Joe Nasser is signing with Houston. He went for his official visit a couple of weeks ago and made his decision. They are going to give him a shot at a slot rec., or FS. He got pretty much a full just on academics.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Joe Nasser is signing with Houston. He went for his official visit a couple of weeks ago and made his decision. They are going to give him a shot at a slot rec., or FS. He got pretty much a full just on academics.

That is a sweet back-up plan. Congrats :clap:

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:35 AM
It looks like so far LOI from Brownwood was no suprise

Jaxon Shipley to UT

Derek Longoria to SMU

I'm still hunting to see others if any

BEAST
02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
It looks like so far LOI from Brownwood was no suprise

Jaxon Shipley to UT

Derek Longoria to SMU

I'm still hunting to see others if any

There probably wont be any others today. There will be more to come before the year is over though.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
There probably wont be any others today. There will be more to come before the year is over though.

BEAST

I was hoping Caden would get an offer over this past week. Maybe soon

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Just checked the "other site" and there is nothing next to Gus' name where it used to read "Committed to Tulsa."

Guess it's true.

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Just got a text from the B-i-L.

Gilmer signees (so far):

Gus Johnson - SFA
Xavier Easley - Southern Arkansas

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Just checked the "other site" and there is nothing next to Gus' name where it used to read "Committed to Tulsa."

Guess it's true.

just saw this. This is from a Tulsa Magazine reporter. Maybe it's still out there. hope so for his sake

"insidetulsasportsı Tulsa still waiting on 5 more LOIs -- Gus Johnson, Michael Mudoh, Derek Patterson, Kwame Sexton and Darrell Williams #RivalsNSD
MySpace - 5204
1 hour ago"

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Just got a text from the B-i-L.

Gilmer signees (so far):

Gus Johnson - SFA
Xavier Easley - Southern Arkansas

Never mind CONGRATS:clap: :clap:

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
UT signees

Daingerfield MLB Steve Edmond
Carthage OLB Kendall Thompson
Hallsville OT Josh Cochran.

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Another Gilmer player:

Michael Boddie - Missouri

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Herschel Sims still hasn't sent in his LOI for Oklahoma State. :thinking: :thinking: Cold feet maybe :D

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Joey White from Wimberly is going to Sam Houston :clap:

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Herschel Sims still hasn't sent in his LOI for Oklahoma State. :thinking: :thinking: Cold feet maybe :D

His LOI is in to OkieState now. Many of the signees are strugling to get to the schools to get their fax in. They should trickle in all day.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Coldspring's - Caleb Shelly signed with Lamar University

Cam
02-02-2011, 01:03 PM
UT signees

Daingerfield MLB Steve Edmond
Carthage OLB Kendall Thompson
Hallsville OT Josh Cochran.

Edmond is a beast. Heard on radio earlier he might eventually get moved to DL. Also said Thompson is a raw talent.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Edmond is a beast. Heard on radio earlier he might eventually get moved to DL. Also said Thompson is a raw talent.

Unfortunatly I've seen Thompson in action. He's a BEAST and is well deserved :clap:

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Just read where Brandon Carter switched form OU to TCU :doh: OU is having a tough day

crzyjournalist03
02-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Just read where Brandon Carter switched form OU to TCU :doh: OU is having a tough day

wasn't that reported on this board a couple of weeks ago?

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

if it was i missed it. OU wanted him to play defense. I guess he didn't like that

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Unfortunatly I've seen Thompson in action. He's a BEAST and is well deserved :clap:

I won't say that Edmond is not good, but I was VERY disappointed with his performances against Gilmer. If you didn't follow football, you wouldn't have even considered him as a top player on his team, much less D-I. He just seemed to float around and look for a chance to level someone instead of trying to make a play. But, that was only in the games against Gilmer that I saw him play.

Thompson, on the other hand, was in BEAST MODE every snap he played. He was always in on the play and is VERY good about getting a hand on the ball and knocking it loose.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

your right, my bad:doh:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110551&highlight=brandon+carter

YTBulldogs
02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Q. Moore/Blinn

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Not 3A, but one of the most impressive list you will find:

Daingerfield Tigers:

Steve Edmond - Texas
Kegarris Barrett - Tulsa
Tyler Boyd - SFA
Shayvion Hatten - Texas A&M
Donald Bryant - Baylor
LaMarce Lafayette - Air Force
David Mims - Texas State

tigerball4life
02-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Cass Mitchell from Sealy has already finished High school and is preparing for the next level, he is already attending Texas A&M in Kingsville. This is old news but the kid deserves to be recognized with the other 2011 signees. MLB or FB can't wait to see where they play him

steerz2010
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Lee Clubb from Iowa Park to Colorado State :clap:

Yoe_09
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I won't say that Edmond is not good, but I was VERY disappointed with his performances against Gilmer. If you didn't follow football, you wouldn't have even considered him as a top player on his team, much less D-I. He just seemed to float around and look for a chance to level someone instead of trying to make a play. But, that was only in the games against Gilmer that I saw him play.

Thompson, on the other hand, was in BEAST MODE every snap he played. He was always in on the play and is VERY good about getting a hand on the ball and knocking it loose.

I would agree with you. I thought the QB from DF was the best player on the field against us.

YTBulldogs
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I would agree with you. I thought the QB from DF was the best player on the field against us.

I'd say Edmonds was. Not just cause his "D" play, but---special team play. He single handedly prevented 3 returns (two by #17) from going to the house, by tracking the runner down.

87 TIGER
02-02-2011, 04:03 PM
LeRaven Clark OT Rockdale to Texas Tech

poisoned10
02-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Liberty-Eylau:

Tra Carson - Oregon
Trey Norman - Wyoming

slingshot
02-02-2011, 08:36 PM
This is far from official, I was told today that Derrick Morrow (LB) and Michael McMickel (DL) from Wylie signed with Texas State. Dang that's hard for me to say... Southwest Texas State, class of '82.

AngeloState39
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Jace Hudson Bridgeport WR-ACU

LoboesWT
02-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Wade Roark-Monahans Incarnate Word San Antonio
DB/Punter

buckeyebob
02-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
I'd say Edmonds was. Not just cause his "D" play, but---special team play. He single handedly prevented 3 returns (two by #17) from going to the house, by tracking the runner down.

That is the way it seemed with Edmonds...against some a beast, against others a lamb. We had his number all night, as well as the rest of the team.
Daingefield has had three defeats in tha last three years. It proves my previous Gilmer Statement...in 2010 we beat several teams that were a better team than us...how does this happen on a regular basis? Not just a fluke thing.

oldtownag
02-03-2011, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
That is the way it seemed with Edmonds...against some a beast, against others a lamb. We had his number all night, as well as the rest of the team.
Daingefield has had three defeats in tha last three years. It proves my previous Gilmer Statement...in 2010 we beat several teams that were a better team than us...how does this happen on a regular basis? Not just a fluke thing.

Yep, some teams just seem to have other teams number. Like the Dawgs have the Buckeye's!