PDA

View Full Version : Huey Chancellor named new Rockport HC

Ernest T Bass
01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I knew he wouldn't stay in PT for very long.

rancher
01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
No wonder Collier is trying to get back to Bellville. Pine Tree is a no win situation. Lack of athletics and a killer district. Best of luck to Huey at Rockport, he will need it.

Ernest T Bass
01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by rancher
No wonder Collier is trying to get back to Bellville. Pine Tree is a no win situation. Lack of athletics and a killer district. Best of luck to Huey at Rockport, he will need it.

Lack of athletes, support,and facilities. Id call it the worst 3a job in Texas. If not the worst, top 5.

rancher
01-31-2011, 08:44 PM
BUT GREAT FISHING!!!!!!

You also failed to mention with MAJOR CUTS about to happen in every School Distirct in the state this is really a no win situation.

Matthew328
01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Lack of athletes, support,and facilities. Id call it the worst 3a job in Texas. If not the worst, top 5.

Pine Tree is not the worst 3A job in Texas...it might be one of the worst 4A's!!!

bigwood33
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't know Coach Chancellor but I do have a buddy that is from Rockport and coaches there. He is a good 'un and I hope that he is able to stay there. Good luck to Coach Chancellor

MustangFootball
01-31-2011, 10:54 PM
wow finally a hire at rockport....being from ingleside I've been waiting for this hire if its true, I am very excited to see what schemes on offense and defense will be coming into our district.
rockport is the biggest school in our district (30-3A)just dropping from 4A the previous season and with the right coach they can be very dangerous. rockport has alot of talent coming back including probly the best QB in the district so good luck coach huey chancellor.
if anyone knows what offense and defense he likes to run, please tell.

tog
01-31-2011, 11:24 PM
years ago he ran a mean 4-3 on defense with slanting two techs that were little backup running back bowling balls that were very hard to block

Huey is a good one, good luck coach!

truebluestang
02-01-2011, 08:47 AM
How did he do at Pine Tree?

jykoy
02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Good luck to Huey. I enjoyed playing under him and I know if a district gives him the resources and time, he'll do just fine.

Ernest T Bass
02-01-2011, 11:51 AM
He did horrible at Pine Tree, but to be fair, the last time they had a winning season, Moses was their grounds keeper.

truebluestang
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Wonder why he ever left Belville to go to Pine Tree in the first place.

teetle
02-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Huey Hads family reasons fors leaving Bellvilles. He know what he be doing. Huey run what ever he be wantings tos runs. wing t, I , spread. He runs thems all. He and Jimmie real goods friends. They both know what theys be doing. Huey, he gonna does allright. :D :eek: :eek: :D

MustangFootball
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
i read a Q & A he did when he got the pine tree job.

Q. do you install an offensive and defensive system for your program to follow, or do you change schemes often based on personal?

A. I pretty much install a system that we branch off of. we're going to base out of the two-back offensive philosophy. we'll do a lot of things, but its all built around that two-back. we're able to utilize several skill kids instead of just one kid getting the ball all the time and getting all the yards so they have to defend more than one person.
I've been a 4-3 guy for 24 years. we'll do a lot of multiple things out of that, but it all comes from a 4-3.

well good luck with the largest 3a team in the state coach. and welcome to 30-3A.

XMan
02-01-2011, 10:50 PM
How do you base schemes on personal? Is personal anything like personnel?????

Blastoderm55
02-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
He did horrible at Pine Tree, but to be fair, the last time they had a winning season, Moses was their grounds keeper.

:spitlol:

Ernest T Bass
02-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
A. I pretty much install a system that we branch off of. we're going to base out of the two-back offensive philosophy. we'll do a lot of things, but its all built around that two-back. we're able to utilize several skill kids instead of just one kid getting the ball all the time and getting all the yards so they have to defend more than one person.

LOL, now THAT is a million dollar answer!!

Bull's-eye
02-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Heard some talk about Foster joining Huey, can anybody confirm this?

buckeyebob
02-02-2011, 06:07 AM
wow finally a hire at rockport....being from ingleside I've been waiting for this hire if its true, I am very excited to see what schemes on offense and defense will be coming into our district.
rockport is the biggest school in our district (30-3A)just dropping from 4A the previous season and with the right coach they can be very dangerous. rockport has alot of talent coming back including probly the best QB in the district so good luck coach huey chancellor.
if anyone knows what offense and defense he likes to run, please tell.

You will have to watch this one...another out of area guy comes in, learns East Texas Football and leaves taking it with him. Eventually, we will have to try something different.

MustangFootball
02-02-2011, 10:41 AM
well after making the playoffs in 4A the previous season the rockport pirates fail to do so last season in 30-3A so we welcome in any coach who will make our district more competitive. good luck coach and good luck rockport.

BrahmaMom
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Congratulations to Rockport on a terrific hire! Best of luck to Huey and his family! He will always have the love and respect of Bellville. If Foster joins him, all the better for the staff and the team there!

AP Panther Fan
02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Welcome to 30-3A and please take it easy on Coach Bentley. Better yet, make him go back to Aransas Pass once he has finished winning district in girls basketball.:)

AP Panther Fan
02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Welcome to 30-3A and please take it easy on Coach Bentley. Better yet, make him go back to Aransas Pass once he has finished winning district in girls basketball.:)

"Rockport-Fulton moves up to No. 2 in state basketball rankings" from Corpus Christi Caller Times....

okay, I guess we can wait a bit longer....

:D

MustangFootball
02-03-2011, 05:52 PM
i have a good feeling its gonna be a fun year in 30-3A.

sinton66
02-03-2011, 06:28 PM
When Chancellor was at Bellville during the time Davis was at Sinton, they ran very similar spread offenses, I saw Bellville a couple times before we met them in the regional in 2001. I was watching a system VERY similar to Sinton's. Then I found out Chancellor and Davis had coached together before and Chancellor had come down to Sinton before the 01 season to get tips on the offense from Davis. I don't know if he modified his offense after that, but in '01 they were almost like evil twins with Sinton. Pirates had to work their butts off that year to beat them.

MustangFootball
02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
welcome back sinton66!!! hope everything goes well.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Heard some talk about Foster joining Huey, can anybody confirm this?

First off good luck to Huey at Rockport, (unless he is playing Bellville,) Many Brahmas fans hated to see him leave Bellville. Rockport is getting one of the best coaches in 3a, and if Foster joins him the rest of that district better get ready for a team that will compeat for the DC this year.

MustangFootball
02-04-2011, 12:32 PM
rockport definitely has the talent and the depth to make a playoff run, they were just lacking the right coach and it looks like they found him.

OldBison75
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Chancellor is a master at using talent to it's potential. His teams will be disciplined and will never lose for lack of effort. Rockport will be a Region 4 powerhouse in less than two years.

MustangFootball
02-04-2011, 04:40 PM
a region 4 power are big shoes to fill, let's start with them makin the playoffs first in the district with sinton, mathis and ingleside....but you never know.

OldBison75
02-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Don't be surprised if Rockport wins the district his first year. He is that good at using talent and motivating kids.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
a region 4 power are big shoes to fill, let's start with them makin the playoffs first in the district with sinton, mathis and ingleside....but you never know.

Rockport is in the same district with Sinton? If so that makes it even more interesting, you might have Bellville fans keeping up with that game.
What was Rockports scedule and outcome last year?

MustangFootball
02-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Rockport is in the same district with Sinton? If so that makes it even more interesting, you might have Bellville fans keeping up with that game.
What was Rockports scedule and outcome last year?

date opponent home/away location time/result
8/27 Orange Grove Home Rockport-Fulton H.S. W 49-6
9/3 Flour Bluff Away Flour Bluff H.S. W 24-0
9/10 Moody Away Buc Stadium W 37-24
9/17 Gregory-Portland Home Rockport-Fulton H.S. L 9-24
9/24 Calhoun Home Rockport-Fulton H.S. L 7-35
10/8 Sinton * Away Sinton H.S. L 14-31
10/15 Aransas Pass * Away Aransas Pass H.S. W 21-14
10/22 Goliad * Home Rockport-Fulton H.S. W 45-20
10/29 Ingleside * Away Ingleside H.S. L 21-27
11/5 Mathis * Home Rockport-Fulton H.S. L 9-28

MustangFootball
02-05-2011, 02:07 AM
2 seasons ago in district 31-3A sinton, ingleside and mathis finished in a 3 way tie for the district title, last season district 30-3A was formed throwing rockport fulton in the same district with sinton, ingleside mathis aransas pass and goliad. while sinton and mathis were coming back loaded with plenty of starters on both sides of the ball, ingleside was not therefore rockport was projected to be picking up that third spot in the playoffs after making the playoffs the previous season in class 4A. after starting 3-0 with two of the wins coming over local 4A teams some people had them contending for the district title, but it was not to be sinton won the district with a young ingleside team consisting of a freshman QB, a sophomore RB and mostly juniors and sophomore team took runner up and left rockport battling it out for the final playoff spot with mathis which they lost and missed the playoffs.rockport went 5-5 on the season and 2-3 in district play.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
02-05-2011, 11:42 AM
How does is look this year for teams and what they have returning?

MustangFootball
02-05-2011, 02:14 PM
i know sinton and mathis are graduating a lot of players aransas pass has a lot coming back including an awesome running back but they never seem to be in the hunt, maybe this year they could be the surprise team. goliad i believe was young last year but not sure. rockport has some talent coming back including a very fast and mobile QB. ingleside graduated 25 seniors last year and this year only 11. only 6 of them were starters, ingleside will return with their starting QB starting RB and pretty much their whole team who took the second spot in district last season.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-05-2011, 02:49 PM
i know sinton and mathis are graduating a lot of players aransas pass has a lot coming back including an awesome running back but they never seem to be in the hunt, maybe this year they could be the surprise team. goliad i believe was young last year but not sure. rockport has some talent coming back including a very fast and mobile QB. ingleside graduated 25 seniors last year and this year only 11. only 6 of them were starters, ingleside will return with their starting QB starting RB and pretty much their whole team who took the second spot in district last season. Sinton size was to much to overcome against Sinton for the Mustangs this past season. This year should be more competative but Sinton should be strong again this year ;)

MustangFootball
02-05-2011, 05:26 PM
sinton and ingleside have been battling it out over the past few seasons, with a district normally run by sinton, ingleside has been finishing at the top of the district since 2004 never finishing worst than second place. with 3 district titles along the way. no one will argue that this district has always belong to the sinton pirates, but there's no dout that with all the recent noise that ingleside has made in the district teams aren't taking them lightly.

sinton and ingleside are the only two spread teams in the district and i think that has a lot to do with the success they have year in and year out, although ingleside ended up switching to a two TE set on the bottom end of the schedule to protect their young and inexperienced QB. in my mind that district is gonna be fun to watch this year i expect rockport and mathis to be really tough this season along with sinton and ingleside.

BrahmaMom
02-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Chancellor + Foster= SUCCESS! Good luck, Rockport!

Bull's-eye
02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Get ready! Huey will bring the Wing T, a lot of misdirection and some cross buck action. :D

MustangFootball
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
what's his run/pass ratio? from the sounds of it he really favors the run.

Johnny Utah
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
His Bellville teams were very tough, tough to beat. Bellville had a very good run under him. Very hard nosed and tough football. Will be interesting.

OldBison75
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Chancellor will bring an offense that will take what you give them. They can run a power game, use speed and misdirection, or pass effectively.

The thing about his teams is that they find the way to win. He will use controlled passing and use the tight end as a receiver as well as backs.

His teams are mentally tough and disciplined.

Defensively, his teams will be strong against the run and you can guarantee that at least one linebacker will be a warhorse. He dosn't use blitz packages much, but when he does, the blitz may come from a safety or corner as well as a linebacker. He will also have an aggressive approach on defense. To beat his teams, you better line up and whip them, because you will will not intimidate them or finesse them.

OLE'BULL
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Chancellor will bring an offense that will take what you give them. They can run a power game, use speed and misdirection, or pass effectively.

The thing about his teams is that they find the way to win. He will use controlled passing and use the tight end as a receiver as well as backs.

Defensively, his teams will be strong against the run and you can guarantee that at least one linebacker will be a warhorse. He dosn't use blitz packages much, but when he does, the blitz may come from a safety or corner as well as a linebacker. He will also have an aggressive approach on defense. To beat his teams, you better line up and whip them, because you will will not intimidate them or finesse them.

+1. couldn't have said it better myself!

MustangFootball
02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

Defensively, his teams will be strong against the run and you can guarantee that at least one linebacker will be a warhorse. He dosn't use blitz packages much, but when he does, the blitz may come from a safety or corner as well as a linebacker. He will also have an aggressive approach on defense. To beat his teams, you better line up and whip them, because you will will not intimidate them or finesse them. sounds like he's runs a good strong programs, its gonna be interesting to see how the district pans out.