PDA

View Full Version : La Grange WR ( Wilkerson)

hookandladder
01-31-2011, 06:27 PM
La Grange WR Brandon Wilkerson had offers to Texas State,SFA , Sam Houston and TCU. He has verbally committed to Sam Houston State with a full ride, good luck to him at the next level.

zebrablue2
01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange WR Brandon Wilkerson had offers to Texas State,SFA , Sam Houston and TCU. He has verbally committed to Sam Houston State with a full ride, good luck to him at the next level.

He is a very good athlete. I wish him all the best!!! I will always remember that catch against Caldwell, over the top of that kid!! WOW!!!!! Got that on film!!

Saggy Aggie
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Congrats! Wonder what kind of offer he had at TCU?

Daddy D 11
01-31-2011, 10:00 PM
If you get any sort of offer from TCU, you go... lol

Saggy Aggie
01-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
If you get any sort of offer from TCU, you go... lol that was my thoughts. If his offer was anything more than a couple key chains a shirt, I think I would've chosen TCU

bigwood33
01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
There are no partial football scholarships at the D1-A- FBS (Football Bowl Subdivision) Level. Below that they can offer partials. If TCU offered, it HAD to be a full scholarship.

hookandladder
01-31-2011, 10:38 PM
The local paper said TCU was like half and all other offers were full, TCU as everyone knows is very expensive school. I think he will fit in nice at Sam, should get playing time quicker there also. Good Luck to him.

bigwood33
01-31-2011, 10:46 PM
The local paper said TCU was like half and all other offers were full, TCU as everyone knows is very expensive school. I think he will fit in nice at Sam, should get playing time quicker there also. Good Luck to him.
The paper made a mistake. D1 football scholarships cannot be split. He could have had 1/2 an academic scholarship or something like that but all players on scholarship at the D1 level (FBS) are on full scholarships. FCS (the old D1-AA) and D2 can break scholarships and offer partials, D3 has no athletic scholarships and NAIA can split scholarships.
BTW, good luck to him at Sam Houston and congratulations to him for the getting the opportunity to play at the next level.

hookandladder
01-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
The paper made a mistake. D1 football scholarships cannot be split. He could have had 1/2 an academic scholarship or something like that but all players on scholarship at the D1 level (FBS) are on full scholarships. FCS (the old D1-AA) and D2 can break scholarships and offer partials, D3 has no athletic scholarships and NAIA can split scholarships.
BTW, good luck to him at Sam Houston and congratulations to him for the getting the opportunity to play at the next level.

You very well could be correct, I do not know. As state I just quoted what the local paper said that TCU offered him half.

Yoe_09
01-31-2011, 11:23 PM

Costs per year:

Sam Houston State: 13,467
Texas State: 19,810
Stephen F. Austin 20,283
Texas A&M: 20,614
Texas: 22,464
UMHB: 28,100
Baylor: 39,868
TCU: 41,000

Baylor actually has lowered there costs of attendance. When I was thinking about attending my expected rate was going to by 42k.

SHSBulldog00
02-01-2011, 03:53 PM
As a Sam Houston State alum I welcome Brandon with open arms.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug008.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Ernest T Bass
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I would be willing to bet TCU offered him perfered walk-on status or a grey shirt, while the others offered him full rides.

Pudlugger
02-07-2011, 05:21 AM
This is a good thing for Brandon. He will get plenty of playing time and SHSU has an excellent football program. I wish him the best in his college career.