PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Boy in the SuperBowl

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 05:13 PM
Is this too much of a stretch? :D

Graham Harrell (born May 22, 1985[1] in Brownwood, Texas) is an American Football quarterback for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He was signed by the Saskatchewan Roughriders as a street free agent in 2009. He played college football at Texas Tech.

Green Bay PackersHarrell signed with the Green Bay Packers on May 19, 2010. He was released on September 4, but was re-signed to the practice squad the next day. On December 18, Harrell was signed to the active roster due to an injury to Aaron Rodgers.

STANG RED
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

Graham Harrell (born May 22, 1985[1] in Brownwood, Texas) is an American Football quarterback for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. He was signed by the Saskatchewan Roughriders as a street free agent in 2009. He played college football at Texas Tech.

Green Bay PackersHarrell signed with the Green Bay Packers on May 19, 2010. He was released on September 4, but was re-signed to the practice squad the next day. On December 18, Harrell was signed to the active roster due to an injury to Aaron Rodgers.

If they win it, I assume he'll get a ring, just like the starters???:confused:

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Yes, hes on the Active Roster. He is 3rd string

nobogey72
01-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

And also I think each player gets a pretty good chunk of change. It's probably not that significant to those that are making the big salaries, but I'll bet it's significant to Graham who has been on the practice squad all year.

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
And also I think each player gets a pretty good chunk of change. It's probably not that significant to those that are making the big salaries, but I'll bet it's significant to Graham who has been on the practice squad all year.

After watching this, you would know for sure, any bit of cash would help.

This is funny stuff. I guarantee he lived better in college.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sports/inside_huddle/in-the-house-with-graham-harrell

95mustang
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
He wasn't just born in Brownwood. He grew up here until his dad to the coaching job at Ennis.

Rabid Cougar
01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
BUT his name is all over the stadium at Ennis.
Sorry he is from Ennis.

bigwood33
01-31-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
BUT his name is all over the stadium at Ennis.
Sorry he is from Ennis.
He is both. His grandad coached at Brownwood and so did his dad. His dad was an All- Everything QB at Brownwood and Graham was born and started to school in Brownwood. He is from both.

coach
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
i wonder if he will lay on the ground if the packers lose

Ernest T Bass
01-31-2011, 08:28 PM
He left Brownwood before he could even eat solid food(he was 1 month old), so no, you can't claim him.
Oh, and there were 2 more stops before he ended up in Ennis, but Ellis County is the only place the kid ever played football. So, nope, he's an Ennis boy, and the 2nd one to play in the Super Bowl.
His older brother Zac started school in Brownwood, and he coaches in Van. So, they can claim that one.

Old LB
01-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Are the Harrell kids that go to Brownwood now any relation to those guys?

garciap77
01-31-2011, 08:58 PM

.................................................. .....

NO! You can claim him!:D But, don't try to claim The Whataburger in Early!:D

Eagle 1
01-31-2011, 09:26 PM
What I think is funny about the whole thing is that a qb from Texas Tech who played for Mike Leach is going to get a super bowl ring.
I wonder if any qb who played for Mack Brown has ever got a super bowl ring? :thinking:
BTW, I would like to take this opportunity to remind all the UT fans who have asked how many qb's from Tech and their "gimmick offense" are playing in the NFL.
IMO Graham Harrell was the best qb Tech has ever had.

Rocket
01-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Coach Harrell was my JV Basketball coach when he left in the middle of the season to go to Reagan County.

Um I thought there was only one stop. Reagan County. Where else did he go?

ccmom
01-31-2011, 10:41 PM

Green Bay PackersHarrell signed with the Green Bay Packers on May 19, 2010. He was released on September 4, but was re-signed to the practice squad the next day. On December 18, Harrell was signed to the active roster due to an injury to Aaron Rodgers. Well, I guess if he is a Brownwood boy, then Abilene claims Gordon Wood? Hmmmm...:thinking:

Rocket
01-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Well, I guess if he is a Brownwood boy, then Wylie claims Gordon Wood? Hmmmm...:thinking:

Wylie does claim him. :rolleyes:

coach
01-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
What I think is funny about the whole thing is that a qb from Texas Tech who played for Mike Leach is going to get a super bowl ring.
I wonder if any qb who played for Mack Brown has ever got a super bowl ring? :thinking:
BTW, I would like to take this opportunity to remind all the UT fans who have asked how many qb's from Tech and their "gimmick offense" are playing in the NFL.

ummm 1

texas has two qbs that actually play

Eagle 1
01-31-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by coach
ummm 1

texas has two qbs that actually play

Who is the one?

PPHSfan
02-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
NO! You can claim him!:D But, don't try to claim The Whataburger in Early!:D

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7672/wataburger.jpg

bobcat1
02-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Wylie does claim him. :rolleyes: Pocket Rocket! you returned?

TheDOCTORdre
02-01-2011, 08:45 AM

whats your definition of playing? like you mean as an actual contributor on a Sunday in the regular/post season?

Txbroadcaster
02-01-2011, 09:58 AM

WOW..really really really sad

Eagle 1
02-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Because its true?

Txbroadcaster
02-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Because its true?

no because this was not even close to being about TT and UT but you try to make it that for no reason..and the fact u try to act like it some accomplishment to TT that a 3rd string QB for an NFL team is in the SB played college there is even worse.

PPHSfan
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm sure Colt would give his left nut to trade places with Graham.
Lol

Txbroadcaster
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Ol

and?!?! Again wth does it have to do with TT and UT?

PPHSfan
02-01-2011, 12:45 PM
and?!?! Again wth does it have to do with TT and UT?

Rofl. I guess I should have used the tounge in cheek smiley.

Ernest T Bass
02-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Lol

Colt's a starter, isn't he? Or at least 2nd string. At 3rd string, Graham is the "get out of the game" guy. I know Hanie did a great job at that spot, but that 3rd string guy is just expected to get the game finished. He's just considered "semi-active", since someone has to be declaired inactive for him to go into the game.

Old LB
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I would hope that we will not have to watch a Superbowl where either of the teams has to resort to using the third string QB.

:(

PPHSfan
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Colt's a starter, isn't he? Or at least 2nd string. At 3rd string, Graham is the "get out of the game" guy. I know Hanie did a great job at that spot, but that 3rd string guy is just expected to get the game finished. He's just considered "semi-active", since someone has to be declaired inactive for him to go into the game.

I can't BELIEVE that either one of you morons thought I was serious. That's FRIGGIN funny

Ernest T Bass
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I can't BELIEVE that either one of you morons thought I was serious. That's FRIGGIN funny

Well, both are getting paid huge amounts of money, and while one is actually playing, the other has a shot at a ring. Ive seen many kids leave a program where they have a chance to contribute to sit the bench for a championship contender. So, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

PPHSfan
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Well, both are getting paid huge amounts of money, and while one is actually playing, the other has a shot at a ring. Ive seen many kids leave a program where they have a chance to contribute to sit the bench for a championship contender. So, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that McCoy is making a buttload more than Harrel.

Ernest T Bass
02-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that McCoy is making a buttload more than Harrel.

Indeed, but neither are exactly living on a budget.

PPHSfan
02-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that McCoy is making a buttload more than Harrell.

TheDOCTORdre
02-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
whats your definition of playing? like you mean as an actual contributor on a Sunday in the regular/post season?

Eagle 1
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm still wondering which qb in the NFL that played for Mack Brown has a super bowl ring?:confused:

RoyceTTU
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Indeed, but neither are exactly living on a budget.

You must not of watched the video from page 1. his budget looks worse than mine

PPHSfan
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm still wondering which qb in the NFL that played for Mack Brown has a super bowl ring?:confused:

Which player that played for Leach has one? ETB is right. You're just a hater.

Emerson1
02-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Eagle 1 has always been over delusional when it comes to Tech. This is nothin new, nor surprising.

PPHSfan
02-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Eagle 1 has always been over delusional when it comes to Tech. This is nothin new, nor surprising.

I've been to Lubbock. I think I know what you mean. You can only chase prairie dogs for so long before the novelty wears off.

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2011, 12:46 AM
After watching this, you would know for sure, any bit of cash would help.

This is funny stuff. I guarantee he lived better in college.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/sports/inside_huddle/in-the-house-with-graham-harrell

That makes no sense. NFL minimum salary is $325,000.

Emerson1
02-02-2011, 12:59 AM
That makes no sense. NFL minimum salary is $325,000.
Not for practice squad players. Which is what he was the entire season.

And I think the salary cap in the CFL per team is only 4.2 million, so he wasn't banking there.

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Not for practice squad players. Which is what he was the entire season.

And I think the salary cap in the CFL per team is only 4.2 million, so he wasn't banking there.

It's still gotta be at least the same as what I make...

Emerson1
02-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Minimum per week is $5,200. I'd think a QB would make more then that.

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Minimum per week is $5,200. I'd think a QB would make more then that.

Then there is absolutely no reason for him to live like that. In two weeks he makes more than any HS coach makes in a month. Something's not right.

Old LB
02-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Then there is absolutely no reason for him to live like that. In two weeks he makes more than any HS coach makes in a month. Something's not right.

Don't you remember being young and carefree? He probably has it better than the video projected. :thinking:

Emerson1
02-02-2011, 09:03 AM
He isn't getting paid that much. He is staying at another players house. He is smart to save up his money and not blow it on decking the place out. And for all we know the video was from the week he moved in before he had chance to buy a bed.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 09:45 AM
He isn't getting paid that much. He is staying at another players house. He is smart to save up his money and not blow it on decking the place out. And for all we know the video was from the week he moved in before he had chance to buy a bed.

I bet he's playing it smart. 3rd string is no 2nd string. 2nd string you have a little cushion. 3rd string means your going to be the first cut if a decent free agent comes about or your able to pluck a good draft pick. He's on borrowed time until he beats out 2nd string.

STANG RED
02-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I think he just knows he's not living where he's going to live long term. He's taking a wait and see approach for now, but will probobly do things different when his future is a bit more clear, for at least a year or so. Why set up a nice fancy home with all the funishings, if theres a good chance of having to try to sell it in a few months. For now he can pack light and move quickly, if need be. I applaud the young man.

Emerson1
02-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Lets get back on topic.

Eagle1 is delusional.

Eagle 1
02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I never got an answer to my question.

Emerson1
02-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Congrats, the greatest QB in the history of Texas Tech is good enough to be a practice squad and CFL player. This is just as funny as how the greatest Tech team in their history still had to upset Texas.

Don't think a Mack QB has ride the bench to the Super Bowl yet, but he has had a rookie MVP and 3 others START for NFL teams and two pro bowl appearances.

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
Don't you remember being young and carefree? He probably has it better than the video projected. :thinking:

I still am! I manage to save about $800-$1,000 a month and still live better than that video! LOL

Eagle 1
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Congrats, the greatest QB in the history of Texas Tech is good enough to be a practice squad and CFL player. This is just as funny as how the greatest Tech team in their history still had to upset Texas.

Don't think a Mack QB has ride the bench to the Super Bowl yet, but he has had a rookie MVP and 3 others START for NFL teams and two pro bowl appearances.

He might be riding the bench, but he after Sunday he can still bling bling ya. :)

LoboesWT
02-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Wow, you are looking at a very narrow window in time. Graham was one of the best QB's at Tech, but not the best ever. He was a product of a system that allowed him to accumulate massive stats. Don't forget about Billy Joe Tolliver, Robert Johnson, BJ Simmons, others who all were good for Tech. They each brought something different to the position. If you want to use the NFL as a measuring stick for a good QB, then Billy Joe Tolliver is the best Tech ever had. He had the longest NFL career of any Tech QB to date. Graham was great to watch and had great stats, but I am always hesistant to claim someone as the best ever. Offensive philosophies and football Eras can affect that opinion. Sidenote, GO TECH

PPHSfan
02-02-2011, 01:25 PM
He might be riding the bench, but he after Sunday he can still bling bling ya. :)

They haven't won the game yet. And I'm fast becoming a Steeler fan, just because of you. Lol

PPHSfan
02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT
Wow, you are looking at a very narrow window in time. Graham was one of the best QB's at Tech, but not the best ever. He was a product of a system that allowed him to accumulate massive stats. Don't forget about Billy Joe Tolliver, Robert Johnson, BJ Simmons, others who all were good for Tech. They each brought something different to the position. If you want to use the NFL as a measuring stick for a good QB, then Billy Joe Tolliver is the best Tech ever had. He had the longest NFL career of any Tech QB to date. Graham was great to watch and had great stats, but I am always hesistant to claim someone as the best ever. Offensive philosophies and football Eras can affect that opinion. Sidenote, GO TECH

The best ARM that ever showed up at Tech was probably Phillip Daugherty. It's a shame he couldn't get his head right.

Eagle 1
02-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by LoboesWT

That's why I said IMO. :p

Eagle 1
02-02-2011, 01:35 PM
They haven't won the game yet. And I'm fast becoming a Steeler fan, just because of you. Lol

Remember, the losers get a ring too.

PPHSfan
02-02-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm sure Jim Kelly is proud of all of his then. :D

LoboesWT
02-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm sure Jim Kelly is proud of all of his then. :D

Along with Dan Marino, he is always showing it off right?:D

Old LB
02-02-2011, 04:01 PM

A losers ring? :confused: Had a girl on the soocer team years ago who threw her 4th place trophy in the trash can on the way to the parking lot. Had to get it out and hold it for a while before she would agree to take it. I love that kid!

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
We get into this discussion every year about state finalists rings. I see nothing wrong with getting a ring for being #2 out of the whole damned thing. Super Bowl losers get a conference championship ring, but it cannot exceed 1/2 the price of the World Championship ring. In HS, if you finish 2nd out of 200+, I see nothing wrong with purchasing a modest ring to commerate that great accomplishment.

Cam
02-02-2011, 04:34 PM
We get into this discussion every year about state finalists rings. I see nothing wrong with getting a ring for being #2 out of the whole damned thing. Super Bowl losers get a conference championship ring, but it cannot exceed 1/2 the price of the World Championship ring. In HS, if you finish 2nd out of 200+, I see nothing wrong with purchasing a modest ring to commerate that great accomplishment.

I absolutely agree...after all, aren't we all #2 to the man upstairs?

TheDOCTORdre
02-02-2011, 07:36 PM

Mack Brown has had the same number of QBs with Super Bowl rings as Tech has national championships

Old LB
02-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Guys, maybe they will just quit keeping up with teams records and start giving everyone a participation ring at the end of the season!:doh:

bobcat1
02-02-2011, 08:03 PM
A losers ring? :confused: Had a girl on the soocer team years ago who threw her 4th place trophy in the trash can on the way to the parking lot. Had to get it out and hold it for a while before she would agree to take it. I love that kid! Good brood stock right there. Love that attitude!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old LB
02-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Good brood stock right there. Love that attitude!:clap: :clap: :clap:

That young lady will be a freshman at Brownwood next year, hope she hasn't lost her attitude. :D

bobcat1
02-02-2011, 08:38 PM
That young lady will be a freshman at Brownwood next year, hope she hasn't lost her attitude. :D I've seen some football players that need that type of attitude. I played with it. I was a bad loser then and still am. :D

Old LB
02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I've seen some football players that need that type of attitude. I played with it. I was a bad loser then and still am. :D

My 11 year old daughter always says " If you ain't in it to win it stay home." God bless her, she makes me proud.