PDA

View Full Version : Cold Weather Behavior

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Did you ever notice that everyone and their dog goes to the grocery when there is weather coming in? :D I wish I had a couple of tons of chili fixins and meat to sell...:D

Old LB
01-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Did you ever notice that everyone and their dog goes to the grocery when there is weather coming in? :D I wish I had a couple of tons of chili fixins and meat to sell...:D

Don't forget toilet paper :D

Gsquared
01-31-2011, 04:33 PM
I go to the liquor store to stock up on scotch, schnapps, vodka, beer, bean dip and fritos.

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I go to the liquor store to stock up on scotch, schnapps, vodka, beer, bean dip and fritos.

Yea and the checker says--"Man, you must throw a lot of parties--you do this every week." :D

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Not-a-good forecast for Bridgeport over next few days...

Bridgeport Weather Forecast (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Bridgeport&state=TX&site=FWD&lat=33.2076&lon=-97.7572)

rangerjim60
01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
I've got plenty of beer if you can make it to Decatur tomorrow Bull

AP Panther Fan
01-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Did you ever notice that everyone and their dog goes to the grocery when there is weather coming in?

Dang, thanks for reminding me that I really should go to the grocery store....not taking my dog though.;)

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
I've got plenty of beer if you can make it to Decatur tomorrow Bull

I may charter a helicopter, jim...:D

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Dang, thanks for reminding me that I really should go to the grocery store....not taking my dog though.;)

Dang right woman---you better keep your menfolk fed...and waited on...:D

AP Panther Fan
01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Dang right woman---you better keep your menfolk fed...and waited on...:D

ehhh, reading that made my head hurt a little. I think I will just go stock up on chocolate instead.

44INAROW
01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
Not-a-good forecast for Bridgeport over next few days...

Bridgeport Weather Forecast (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Bridgeport&state=TX&site=FWD&lat=33.2076&lon=-97.7572)

forecast for Cuero - Thursday :)
Thursday Night...Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Lows in the lower 20s.

AP Panther Fan
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
San Patricio County

Tuesday Night...Partly cloudy. Windy. Much colder. Lows in the mid 20s inland...in the upper 20s coast. North winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45 mph.

:eek: GUSTS TO AROUND 45 MPH!!! As if cold isn't bad enough.

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 05:30 PM
ehhh, reading that made my head hurt a little. I think I will just go stock up on chocolate instead.

There just ain't no gettin around you gals...:D

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
forecast for Cuero - Thursday :)
Thursday Night...Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow. Lows in the lower 20s.

Really unusual for Cuero...

STANG RED
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
This is pretty typical of what I've been seeing up here for the last couple of months.
Tonight: Flurries and a few snow showers throughout the night. Cold. Low around -15F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Tomorrow: Bitterly cold. Partly cloudy skies. High -6F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Clear skies. Cold. Low -18F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny skies. Dangerous wind chills as low as -30F. High 13F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Mainly sunny. Highs in the low teens with temperatures nearly steady overnite.
Friday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s.

We did actually get above freezing for a few hours on two days last week. But all that did was make things slick as snot when it froze back over.
Seeing lots of ice fishing huts on the lake up here now. I dont think I'll be joining any of those fools any time soon. However they are bringing up some monster Salmon, Walleye, and Pike. I'll just help em eat em. Except for the Pike,,,,way too many bones. :D

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
San Patricio County

Tuesday Night...Partly cloudy. Windy. Much colder. Lows in the mid 20s inland...in the upper 20s coast. North winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45 mph.

:eek: GUSTS TO AROUND 45 MPH!!! As if cold isn't bad enough.

Surfs Up at the Pass....Get your board...:D

AP Panther Fan
01-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Seeing Stang Red's post and those ridiculous temperatures reminded me of a gal I saw on The Weather Channel a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they have "weather related" funny videos and she won by ranting about the cold temps in Georgia, I believe. I'll try to find a link.

Oh well, I am blocked from everything but breathing at work. I can get to The Weather Channel, just not the IWitness videos.

Bullaholic
01-31-2011, 07:20 PM
I am officially crazy now, by definition---crazy= Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I went to the store, and yep--everyone I ever knew was there, and many items already "sold out"---15-deep in the checkout lines, and that was just in the little ol' Bridgeport grocery----there had to be mass rioting going on this afternoon at the Decatur Wal-Mart Super Center...

Old LB
02-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Seems that rush at the stores may have been warranted this time. Got my truck stuck trying to get out of the parking lot this morning. Pushed up some snow with backhoe until my hands and feet were near frozen.

This is BS! This is Texas, we can't live like this! Bad part is, probably won't clear til Friday. Wish I had gotten a backhoe with a enclosed cab.

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2011, 06:49 AM
Apparently everyone and their dogs love Central Market (organic) milk and bananas. The HEB closest to me was out of both. What? We have ugly weather and you're going to make banana milk shakes? :doh: :doh:

rojosgirl
02-02-2011, 11:25 AM
I love the cold weather, but I'm not sure we're equipped for these low temps. It was 19 at my casa at 5:30 this a.m. Warmed up to a balmy 22 by the time I got to Cuero.
News this a.m. said it was colder in San Antonio that it was in Green Bay and Pittsburgh! That's hard to bellieve.

BEAST
02-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
I love the cold weather, but I'm not sure we're equipped for these low temps. It was 19 at my casa at 5:30 this a.m. Warmed up to a balmy 22 by the time I got to Cuero.
News this a.m. said it was colder in San Antonio that it was in Green Bay and Pittsburgh! That's hard to bellieve.

It is currently 12 in Brownwood with a wind chill of -4.

BEAST

AP Panther Fan
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Seeing Stang Red's post and those ridiculous temperatures reminded me of a gal I saw on The Weather Channel a couple of weeks ago. Apparently they have "weather related" funny videos and she won by ranting about the cold temps in Georgia, I believe. I'll try to find a link.

Oh well, I am blocked from everything but breathing at work. I can get to The Weather Channel, just not the IWitness videos.

Okay, I can't post any links because I am blocked, but look for Megan McGlover of Atlanta, GA on YouTube. She is pretty funny and rants about the weather among many other things.

There is one she did on 1-13 or 1-14 telling folks they needed to forget MLK day since they had already had a week off because of the weather and nobody was going to be having any picnics or marching in any parades. Not only should they make their children go to school on Monday, but they should probably take them on Saturday too....lol.:D

pirate4state
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
I am loving this weather, but would enjoy it more from my cozy bed with a good book and a bottle of whiskey! :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I feel bad for my outside dog! I even tried to get him to come inside even though he isn't house trained...but he wouldn't.

He is staying tucked away in his dog house with an infared light shining down on him. I was so scared he was gonna freeze....I think it's too hot in there now, he won't stay in it.

garciap77
02-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I am loving this weather, but would enjoy it more from my cozy bed with a good book and a bottle of whiskey! :D :D :D

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/subject/t57026.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-subject.php?page=2)

MUSTANG69
02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
It's steaming here in the Coastal Bend. The temperature has climbed to 31. I think I'll go swimming.:D

BILLYFRED0000
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Yeah wheres Keith7 and the global warming crowd.

It was 7 at the house last night and wind chill of -5. It will get up to 18 today
then back down to 9 or 10 tonight then back up to 20 tomorrow then 14 tomorrow night then 30 on Friday and 22 on friday night. Ought to kill the bugs tho.

I would sure like to see those african swallows carrying a coconut in this weather. After all European swallows are non migratory.