PDA

View Full Version : Freak death at Fairway Oaks in Abilene

nobogey72
01-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Friday night sometime after dark a lady and 2 of her friends were driving around in a golf cart on the golf course looking for a cell phone they had lost earlier that day while they were playing. They turned a corner on the cartpath that is on a pretty steep hill, and the 23 yr old lady that was sitting on the outside fell out of the cart and landed on a bottle that went into the side of her neck, and she died a little while later. Evidently it severed her carotid artery.
Horrible accident.

STANG RED
01-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Friday night sometime after dark a lady and 2 of her friends were driving around in a golf cart on the golf course looking for a cell phone they had lost earlier that day while they were playing. They turned a corner on the cartpath that is on a pretty steep hill, and the 23 yr old lady that was sitting on the outside fell out of the cart and landed on a bottle that went into the side of her neck, and she died a little while later. Evidently it severed her carotid artery.
Horrible accident.

That is horrible! She was just a year younger than my daughter. I can only imagine how her parents must feel.
Did you know her or the family? Have they released her name? I doubt I would know her, but it's possible I know the family.

bobcat1
01-31-2011, 06:11 PM
Very sad. Things like that are so unexpected. Prayers for her family and friends sent.

AP Panther Fan
01-31-2011, 06:24 PM
:( Sad for all involved.

ccmom
01-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
That is horrible! She was just a year younger than my daughter. I can only imagine how her parents must feel.
Did you know her or the family? Have they released her name? I doubt I would know her, but it's possible I know the family. If you go to bigcountryhomepage.com her name is listed there.