PDA

View Full Version : just as I expected

Heffelfinger
01-31-2011, 03:23 PM
http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/breaking-federal-judge-rules-obamacare-unconstitutional

BEAST
01-31-2011, 03:31 PM
I wonder how much media this story will get? This should get intresting.

BEAST

DDBooger
01-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/breaking-federal-judge-rules-obamacare-unconstitutional
This makes the 2nd ruling stating unconstitutionality. There have been 12 that have supported its constitutionality or thrown out the challenge. These are all formalities until it goes to the Supreme Court as demonstrated by this judges refusal to issue an order to stop. It will be addressed next fall. The insurance companies may be getting a little antsy if it is declared otherwise. Remember, it isn't the whole bill, just the portion that forces you to buy insurance. That portions repeal will add about 3-400 billion dollars to the deficit.

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
This makes the 2nd ruling stating unconstitutionality. There have been 12 that have supported its constitutionality or thrown out the challenge. These are all formalities until it goes to the Supreme Court as demonstrated by this judges refusal to issue an order to stop. It will be addressed next fall. The insurance companies may be getting a little antsy if it is declared otherwise. Remember, it isn't the whole bill, just the portion that forces you to buy insurance.

Insurance agencies are already ancy. My insurance next years enrollment will be up 12% which seems like a bargain compared to BCBS Cali which is going up 50%. This is all prepration for the big unknown.

BEAST
01-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Remember, it isn't the whole bill, just the portion that forces you to buy insurance.

Whats next Boog, Obama gonna make us buy electric cars even if we dont want one? Your sentence just blows me away. "just the portion that FORCES you to BUY insurance" That, my friend, is un Amercan.

BEAST

DDBooger
01-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Whats next Boog, Obama gonna make us buy electric cars even if we dont want one? Your sentence just blows me away. "just the portion that FORCES you to BUY insurance" That, my friend, is un Amercan.

BEAST You think I like it? I HATE IT!!! Those who elected him didn't want to be FORCED to buy from the very people who threw them off their rolls. They wanted a govt option or the ability to buy into medicare. Which polled better than 50% and at one point was in the 60s. When he scrapped that to ensure 1 or 2 more votes he lost a lot of people. He gave us Dole, Romney and the Heritage Foundation's plan from the 90s. You and me both hate it. He did it to preserve the system we have now only including more people. Either way, the system will fold on itself as middle class wages have remained stagnant over the last 30 years (adjusted) compared to the sharp increase of health care costs.

BEAST
01-31-2011, 03:53 PM
You think I like it? I HATE IT!!! Those who elected him didn't want to be FORCED to buy from the very people who threw them off their rolls. They wanted a govt option or the ability to buy into medicare. Which polled better than 50% and at one point was in the 60s. When he scrapped that to ensure 1 or 2 more votes he lost a lot of people. He gave us Dole, Romney and the Heritage Foundation's plan from the 90s. You and me both hate it. He did it to preserve the system we have now only including more people. Either way, the system will fold on itself as midle class wages have remained stagnant over the last 30 years (adjusted) compared to the sharp increase of health care costs.

I want trying to imply you liked it. That sentence I qouted just hit I suppose. The gov't shouldnt be able to force us to buy anything.

BEAST

DDBooger
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
I want trying to imply you liked it. That sentence I qouted just hit I suppose. The gov't shouldnt be able to force us to buy anything.

BEAST I hate paying car insurance, but I'm forced to if I want to drive. What the mandate did was force people who normally went to ERs to pay as well.

BEAST
01-31-2011, 03:59 PM
I hate paying car insurance, but I'm forced to if I want to drive. What the mandate did was force people who normally went to ERs to pay as well.

But you dont have to drive or have a vehicle. You could walk, ride a bike, etc. You choose to have that. There is no choice to this bill.

BEAST

95mustang
01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
I agree that I don't like the government forcing us to buy anything. However at the same time I am tired of having to pay extra medical costs because many people out there don't have insurance and never pay a dime of their bills. I see it way to often in health care where rates continue to climb because of the unwillingness of some to pay their bills. When the costs go up for medical care unfortunately so does the cost of medical insurance for those of us willing to take responsibility. I will stress I DO NOT think government mandated insurance is the correct way to go, but something has to change.

DDBooger
01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
But you dont have to drive or have a vehicle. You could walk, ride a bike, etc. You choose to have that. There is no choice to this bill.

BEAST Actually there is a choice, if you don't buy it, you pay a penalty. Reason being that, while not paying into the system (medical) you take from it when you go to the ER and don't pay or can't pay your treatment. It's like having a car but never driving it until you absolutely have to. You can't afford the liability so any incident's cost is returned to the other person. From a macro sense, it tries to dissipate the cost.