PDA

View Full Version : Disney World

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Next week I have some training in Orlando, so my wife and daughter are going to tag along and go to Disney World while I work. Other than booking hotel and plane, I have done nothing else.

Any idea on tickets/deals for Disney World, food, travel etc.....
We have never been and have no idea really what to expect.

Blastoderm55
01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Next week I have some training in Orlando, so my wife and daughter are going to tag along and go to Disney World while I work. Other than booking hotel and plane, I have done nothing else.

Its the happiest place on Earth! :D I hope you opted to stay on property; the perks are wonderful. How old is your daugher? If she's young, The Magic Kingdom park will probably be her favorite. If she's older, the other parks (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studies) will probably be more to her liking. As for dining, the Italian and Canadian restaurants at Epcot's World Showcase are both fabulous, though pretty pricey.

Saggy Aggie
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM
I went during Christmas break. worst mistake ever.

Yoe_09
01-31-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie

Indeed it probably was.

Yoe_09
01-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

I went to Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot while I was there. I enjoyed HS and the Kingdom more but maybe that is because Epcot was on the last day.

It really depends on how many days you will go to the parks. If you plan one day they will be 74/82 per ticket(people over 9). The more days you do the cheaper the price. You will be able to go to 1 park per day which is usually good enough. Ticket Prices (http://tickets.disney.go.com/buy/TicketTrans?storeID=DRD&tktFitterDefaultQty=ADULT=1|CHILD=0|ALL=1&lengthOfStay=7&tokens=4GU95R7EHNaczpDQWKrOB9c30Qv7DujlBE3SqomLmGE XIA22%2BvJNSg/RsNNz2WE6st7ndyzcAbAuchhjJogRzgHO3IX3qmXy97Fb%2BbE NCrPG69wDATJZgsk/xoYKeFQfhMl4XhtHMZXSUJWUB7tbYvHB%2B1zz3s7h65xXOBpA c%2B/VRnmlv67B1XT20T392vFhYUI/qhjKxkMGBi4QkoKFQAVY7CiN01WC1c4YbCEUZOu2DVCto85j1H 6QQrLKAwkIWuZoj%2BQLBd7cUqvbpZzKCpGCv0qBbNzjgec9Y8 mf9UAz8bld9clw032EmuakXsl5hGP%2BCz9G/FamHtpBS%2BKK51rIViepGVtZfMv0nuXbWCTYxxAo/sN1crbqtRYxxc93HaBTreon0TnoV9X9Zn5N0TjkY21QYUcPHaB Treon0TlPTbeN/aYMJVspk%2B/Wk%2BRmUU0fmGmC3WasiCaNNoH5N2d6ItmHAR25n4sL9PHn5YR NMYXXOy1YUyLn2eihPLyaHyR5LdXqoYPfpx5jfinkJE583l0BF cr/wozFOKwhvo6HGNYisLiHXw9OqkWnkVmRxyc4UUeNGzHYic%2Bb fSW1HccnOFFHjRsx3xYXzoM2byc0F%2BFaQOWFZyNqKNzo7MLy E7VllRRmOrDnR/LRS1/lRM2rNpDLKx/7wxwglGN8H0NHgtZuPic2qvRGHj%2BESuoDOJzO2Xwu%2BGANl QfRBdTGEeU0I99daNEFuPAxwRgZEJA%3D&drnid=2208602)

As far as good goes inside the park...its expensive....but not as expensive as an Astros game. I would recommend you eat breakfast before you go, eat lunch at the park, and then leave and eat supper. Food Prices Inside the Parks (http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm)

Not sure what your looking to do as for travel while in Orlando.

cr180t
02-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Been with the family 4 times. Went on the Disney cruise. Best money I ever spent. Make sure you slow down and do not try to see it all. The first time we went had to hurry and go to next place. Wanted to see it all. Just plan on going back.

44INAROW
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Been with the family 4 times. Went on the Disney cruise. Best money I ever spent. Make sure you slow down and do not try to see it all. The first time we went had to hurry and go to next place. Wanted to see it all. Just plan on going back.
good advise..1st time we went - we tried to do it all in 3 days.. in the middle of the summer - it's just to hard to do that.. way too hot and humid. We did spend ALOT of time at Blizzard Beach (water park) Now - my middle son lives 30 miles from the parks.. we go out there every summer to see him and we keep saying we're going to go back to Disney and/or Universal and never do.. maybe this summer.. Oh, one thing we did was buy the "extra pass" or whatever you call it - where when they close the park at 10pm - we could stay until 2AM and we got to ride the rides with no waiting.. That was fun :) Of course, I was totally exhausted for the next day but it was worth it..

Blastoderm55
02-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
good advise..1st time we went - we tried to do it all in 3 days.. in the middle of the summer - it's just to hard to do that.. way too hot and humid. We did spend ALOT of time at Blizzard Beach (water park) Now - my middle son lives 30 miles from the parks.. we go out there every summer to see him and we keep saying we're going to go back to Disney and/or Universal and never do.. maybe this summer.. Oh, one thing we did was buy the "extra pass" or whatever you call it - where when they close the park at 10pm - we could stay until 2AM and we got to ride the rides with no waiting.. That was fun :) Of course, I was totally exhausted for the next day but it was worth it..

Extra-Magic hours! :D Its included in the price if you stay on property at Disney. That plus the free transportation made things really great. We stayed for 8 days and 7 nights and still didn't get to see everything!

SintonFan
02-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie

Did you get groped Saggy or are you just mad that you weren't allowed to?:D :p

garciap77
02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Did you get groped Saggy or are you just mad that you weren't allowed to?:D :p

http://yoursmiles.org/bsmile/wonder/b0703.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/b-wonder.php?page=)