PDA

View Full Version : Craig James is an Idiot!!!

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm not saying Leach is right over what happend to Adam James or vise-versa, both parties did a lot of things wrong. But to make this statement is (Rocket, please post the big IGNORANT graphic here-------> )

"Craig James tells D Magazine: most Lubbockites support him over Leach"

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=13935680

jason
01-31-2011, 09:41 AM
he wants to run for senate? seriously???

MoveInDad
01-31-2011, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by jason
he wants to run for senate? seriously??? Was very surprised to hear that... find it very difficult to be true. As far as I know, he hasn't ever run for any public office...

44INAROW
01-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I vote this HEADLINE OF THE MONTH... :)

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 09:53 AM
The only benefit he has, is from what I understand he will run as a Republican, that alone will get him the nod in most places.

But for him to think for one second he is more liked than Leach in Lubbock is crazy. And I think he would of been better off for a statement like that to of never left his mouth. I guarantee most Tech grad will be taking a long look over him now and if they were on the fence, it might of pushed them the other direction.

Emerson1
01-31-2011, 09:53 AM
I guess if you don't count any of the student body.

Trashman
01-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm not saying Leach is right over what happend to Adam James or vise-versa, both parties did a lot of things wrong. But to make this statement is (Rocket, please post the big IGNORANT graphic here-------> )

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=13935680

He is obviously suffering from delusions of grandeur.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Napoleon_in_His_Study.jpg

Ernest T Bass
01-31-2011, 10:06 AM
This is called an inflated sense of self-importance.

Macarthur
01-31-2011, 10:24 AM
You just now coming to the realization that he's an idiot?

Farmersfan
01-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Even though I don't care for Craig James or Coach Leach, I certainly think Craig James has a good point. I would guess that most people in Lubbock who aren't emotionally or financially tied to the Tech program probably do agree that Leach was 100% wrong in what he did. Craig James seems to have a inflated sense of self-worth but it is miniscule compared to Coach Leaches! I just wish the whole thing would go away!

bobcat1
01-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
He is obviously suffering from delusions of grandeur.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/Napoleon_in_His_Study.jpg Where did you get that picture of Rocket?:D

Ernest T Bass
01-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
people in Lubbock who aren't emotionally or financially tied to the Tech program

That's right up there with unicorns and a balanced national budget.

bobcat1
01-31-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Even though I don't care for Craig James or Coach Leach, I certainly think Craig James has a good point. I would guess that most people in Lubbock who aren't emotionally or financially tied to the Tech program probably do agree that Leach was 100% wrong in what he did. Craig James seems to have a inflated sense of self-worth but it is miniscule compared to Coach Leaches! I just wish the whole thing would go away! I agree that most people not associated with Tech would agree. Leach is an idiot. I know Craig to be a good man and family comes first to him. Put yourself in his shoes. This could have cost him his job if he was wrong. He still did what he thought was right. I would have probably took Leach to the shed and had the door bolted behind us for a little while. :flaming: I think Leach lied hrough the whole thing. If he was innicent then why aren't other colleges scooping him up as a head coach or at least as an OC? James did not lose his job at ESPN. Adam stayed in school. These 3 things lead me to believe Leach was guilty. I am not by any means saying Adam wasn't at fault by his actions. He could have been tired of Leach's BS and really did not want to play for him. Rememer the players themselves stood by Adam.

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I agree that most people not associated with Tech would agree. Leach is an idiot. I know Craig to be a good man and family comes first to him. Put yourself in his shoes. This could have cost him his job if he was wrong. He still did what he thought was right. I would have probably took Leach to the shed and had the door bolted behind us for a little while. :flaming: I think Leach lied hrough the whole thing. If he was innicent then why aren't other colleges scooping him up as a head coach or at least as an OC? James did not lose his job at ESPN. Adam stayed in school. These 3 things lead me to believe Leach was guilty. I am not by any means saying Adam wasn't at fault by his actions. He could have been tired of Leach's BS and really did not want to play for him. Rememer the players themselves stood by Adam.

I do agree with some things you said.
Yes Leach was guilty.
Yes Adam was at fault also.
Craig probably is a good man.
Yes Leach lied, hence the reason he was guilty and fired.

I don't agree with "the players themselves stood by Adam"- the truth is the players were divided on the subject and some players actually came out in the press saying that Adam's work ethic and attitude was poor. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because more stood with him than against him, or atleast stayed quiet on the subject.

But the statement I made really boils down to, Lubbockites (regardless of all that happened with Leach) as a majority would never pick James over Leach. And to think it wouldn't hurt his chances in Lubbock is crazy.

LoboesWT
01-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Craig James portrays himself as the ultimate father, who was acting in the best interest of the University. WHATEVER! He witnessed more infractions at SMU and was probably apart of them. I would like to know where he got his polling population in Lubbock to determine they support him. IMO, running for office is the next logical step for a person of his character. Smile to your face, tell you what you want to hear, and then jam that knife deep when you turn around. Good luck in the upcoming election, maybe ESPN will give him more free airtime to run his campaign.

bobcat1
01-31-2011, 11:06 AM
I do agree with some things you said.
Yes Leach was guilty.
Yes Adam was at fault also.
Craig probably is a good man.
Yes Leach lied, hence the reason he was guilty and fired.

I don't agree with "the players themselves stood by Adam"- the truth is the players were divided on the subject and some players actually came out in the press saying that Adam's work ethic and attitude was poor. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because more stood with him than against him, or atleast stayed quiet on the subject.

But the statement I made really boils down to, Lubbockites (regardless of all that happened with Leach) as a majority would never pick James over Leach. And to think it wouldn't hurt his chances in Lubbock is crazy. I remember the work ethic deal. It could have been he new Leach did not like him and no matter what he did he was never going to be in his good graces. I don't know that for sure but that certainly could be a reason for lack of work ethic. It is hard to work for someone that doesn't like you.

I do agree with you about this all hurting his chances to be elected in politics though compleely because it is negative press.

Black_Magic
01-31-2011, 11:09 AM
I agree that most people not associated with Tech would agree. Leach is an idiot. I know Craig to be a good man and family comes first to him. Put yourself in his shoes. This could have cost him his job if he was wrong. He still did what he thought was right. I would have probably took Leach to the shed and had the door bolted behind us for a little while. :flaming: I think Leach lied hrough the whole thing. If he was innicent then why aren't other colleges scooping him up as a head coach or at least as an OC? James did not lose his job at ESPN. Adam stayed in school. These 3 things lead me to believe Leach was guilty. I am not by any means saying Adam wasn't at fault by his actions. He could have been tired of Leach's BS and really did not want to play for him. Rememer the players themselves stood by Adam. Goes to show you Leach should not have offered James any money to come to tech. He clearly could not play on that level and took him in hopes to get a little publicity for the school. Backfired! Not only did Daddy and son expect to play alot but had a big time premadona attitude. Leach Should not have punished him like that no doubt. BUT James is clearly the biggest idiot in the whole deal.

PPHSfan
01-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I think the behind the scenes relationship between Mike and Craig is where the truth actually lies. I'm still to this day trying to figure out how Adam got the ride and the national attention when he was (truth be told) not even the best player on his team. Far from it. I think if you boiled the whole mess down, somebody didn't hold up to their end of a "bargain". Just my thoughts. I don't have any proof. But I don't have proof that Sasquatch exists either, and we all know he does.

RMAC
01-31-2011, 11:13 AM
I remember the work ethic deal. It could have been he new Leach did not like him and no matter what he did he was never going to be in his good graces. I don't know that for sure but that certainly could be a reason for lack of work ethic. It is hard to work for someone that doesn't like you.

I do agree with you about this all hurting his chances to be elected in politics though compleely because it is negative press.

I think him not being in Leach's good graces had something to do with the scenario on which he ended up on the team. James tried out for the baseball team, didn't make it, and so Craig spoke with Leach and asked him if there was room for Adam on the football team. Why Mike agreed we will never know. From there on out I don't know the story completely so I won't delve. That having been said, I personally believe all parties are at fault. As far as whom is more to blame, I couldn't really care less than I do now. I honestly wish it would all just go away. I swear it's like we're turning into a "Jersey Shore" episode.

GreenMonster
01-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't get me wrong, because I am not really a fan of the Mad Pirate, but I still say placing a kid who has a concussion and is complaining of being sensitive to light in a cool, dark place with the ability to lie down is an appropriate action. Leach only screwed up by not letting the trainer make that decision for him. Medical team handles medical issues and coaches coach, that's the only thing that Leach made a mistake on. Tech was grasping at straws to get rid of the guy and they found one they could hang on to.

BEAST
01-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Don't get me wrong, because I am not really a fan of the Mad Pirate, but I still say placing a kid who has a concussion and is complaining of being sensitive to light in a cool, dark place with the ability to lie down is an appropriate action. Leach only screwed up by not letting the trainer make that decision for him. Medical team handles medical issues and coaches coach, that's the only thing that Leach made a mistake on. Tech was grasping at straws to get rid of the guy and they found one they could hang on to.

I have heard others say that Tech was looking for any reason to get rid of Leach. My question is why? Ill admit Im not a Techy and am not in the "Know" by any means, but why would you want to get rid of the only coach to put you on the national scene?

BEAST

RoyceTTU
01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I have heard others say that Tech was looking for any reason to get rid of Leach. My question is why? Ill admit Im not a Techy and am not in the "Know" by any means, but why would you want to get rid of the only coach to put you on the national scene?

BEAST

Alot of it had to do with Leach's contract negotiations the summer before the season started. It was a rough negotiation and the Tech admin was pretty butt hurt over the deal. I'm not going to lie, Leach drove a hard bargain and never budged hardly an inch.

It was very public and Hence and Myers got kicked directly in the nuts by Leach and most of the fans because Leach was beloved by all. At that point, they needed a way to get out of the deal and found one. Much of what happened is hearsay because it happened behind close doors, but enough got leaked to know that the deal wasn't very ammicable.

From what it looked like, Leach was great on the field, but other than that, a nightmare to work with. But who know? I just work with Hardware stores :D

garciap77
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Where did you get that picture of Rocket?:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Napoleon_in_His_StudyRocket-1.jpg

:D

BaseballUmp
02-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
You just now coming to the realization that he's an idiot?

This

bobcat1
02-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Goes to show you Leach should not have offered James any money to come to tech. He clearly could not play on that level and took him in hopes to get a little publicity for the school. Backfired! Not only did Daddy and son expect to play alot but had a big time premadona attitude. Leach Should not have punished him like that no doubt. BUT James is clearly the biggest idiot in the whole deal. Just to be clear, Adam went to play baseball. It was Leach that agreed to have him come out for football.

bobcat1
02-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Napoleon_in_His_StudyRocket-1.jpg

:D Genius. I bet that is stored. ;)

Eagle 1
02-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Craig James admits he played a role in the firing of Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach in December 2009.

Wow, it was my understanding by a few on this board that Craig James had nothing to do with Leach getting fire.
It was all "Leaches" fault that he got fired for being insubordinate. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Goes to show you Leach should not have offered James any money to come to tech. He clearly could not play on that level and took him in hopes to get a little publicity for the school. Backfired! Not only did Daddy and son expect to play alot but had a big time premadona attitude. Leach Should not have punished him like that no doubt. BUT James is clearly the biggest idiot in the whole deal.
Leach didn't offer him money to "come to Tech"! He was there on a BASEBALL scholarship - didn't go to practice and quit (from what I have read). I do know for a fact that is the reason he was at Tech.

WildTexan972
02-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Leach didn't offer him money to "come to Tech"! He was there on a BASEBALL scholarship - didn't go to practice and quit (from what I have read). I do know for a fact that is the reason he was at Tech.

he did not get any baseball scholarship....there are not many of those handed out at Tech and he sure was not good enough to take a slot....his daddy could afford to pay his way so he got a team position, but he did not get his way "paid" by baseball....

NCAA rules say if you play 2 sports and 1 of them is football you count on the football 85 count first and foremost....

also - Leach was not the liar in all this - babyboy AJ was and he admitted so in pre-trial depositions....Leach had the EXACT formula for winning big in Lubbock - invite some of the overabundance of offense players to town and out score em all.....THEN had he added some improved defense he would have been a hero, but for some reason he just did not care about the defense....

as for the shed - I went to several Tech practices under Leach and ALL the injured guys went to that shed, so crooked daddy saying that put his son at risk is a FRAUD....AJ made up the "electric closet" stuff which shows just how little ethics run in that family from the smew cheater down thru the oldest son....

students don't like the boy....most of the players have little regard for him....and now daddy can get him a job sweepin espn floors or such since new coach Tommy has no use for him....

Ernest T Bass
02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Ive never heard a positive thing said about AJ from players or coaches at Celina or players from Tech, and most of that was before this incident. That's all I got.

LoboesWT
02-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
he did not get any baseball scholarship....there are not many of those handed out at Tech and he sure was not good enough to take a slot....his daddy could afford to pay his way so he got a team position, but he did not get his way "paid" by baseball....

NCAA rules say if you play 2 sports and 1 of them is football you count on the football 85 count first and foremost....

also - Leach was not the liar in all this - babyboy AJ was and he admitted so in pre-trial depositions....Leach had the EXACT formula for winning big in Lubbock - invite some of the overabundance of offense players to town and out score em all.....THEN had he added some improved defense he would have been a hero, but for some reason he just did not care about the defense....

as for the shed - I went to several Tech practices under Leach and ALL the injured guys went to that shed, so crooked daddy saying that put his son at risk is a FRAUD....AJ made up the "electric closet" stuff which shows just how little ethics run in that family from the smew cheater down thru the oldest son....

students don't like the boy....most of the players have little regard for him....and now daddy can get him a job sweepin espn floors or such since new coach Tommy has no use for him....

It was funny under a new HC that he even played less this year it seems like. Maybe the shed was helping his Hand-eye coordination.

JasperDog94
02-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe Craig James is just mad that his son didn't get the same "scholarship" at TT as he did at SMU.:D :D

Phantom Stang
02-02-2011, 01:15 PM

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=13935680 [/QUOTE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoyceTTU

But for him to think for one second he is more liked than Leach in Lubbock is crazy.

After reading the article, it looks to me that your putting words in James's mouth when you say claims to be winning a popularity contest. What he said was "Most people in Lubbock support my position. We did what any responsible parent would do. We did the right thing.", which I took to mean that most residents of Lubbock don't blame him for going to Leach's Superiors about the shed incident. He didn't say anything about who likes who better than who.

RoyceTTU
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
After reading the article, it looks to me that your putting words in James's mouth when you say claims to be winning a popularity contest. What he said was "Most people in Lubbock support my position. We did what any responsible parent would do. We did the right thing.", which I took to mean that most residents of Lubbock don't blame him for going to Leach's Superiors about the shed incident. He didn't say anything about who likes who better than who.

I think I'm dead on with what I said

"James also says the Leach controversy won't hurt him politically"

Aesculus gilmus
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Leach and James are probably both arrogant and egotistical bastards. I give the edge to James in a contest, though.

Having said that, Leach was the only reason I ever followed Tech. He had a lot of personality. Sports at its best always involves a lot of showbiz.

I am having a hard time even thinking of the name of the wiry white-haired fellow who replaced him. I don't follow Tech football anymore, so I don't really care.

Okay, I looked up his name. Tuberville is to Leach as Bobby Collins was to Ron Meyer at SMU when the latter "got out of Dodge" before the death penalty came down by taking the head coaching job with the New England Patriots. I am not implying that Tech is cheating. Tuberville just reminds me of Collins. They even look alike.

RoyceTTU
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
http://whenitstrikesme.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/james.gif

:D :D

LoboesWT
02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
:fnypost: