PDA

View Full Version : Bored:Research project

XMan
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Been bored so I did a little research project. I wanted to figure up what percentage of Texas Div I football/baseball athletes came from what classification schools. I was interested in seeing which schools produced the most athletes, and which colleges had the most small school athletes. Use this data for whatever you want. Feel free to pm me if you want a better breakdown. Some of the baseball teams (aggies) didnt have '11 rosters on line. Here are just some of my findings. 1) Using UIL figures, they are showing 1,266,704 students in tx grades 9/12. Using that figure, 52% attend a 5a school, 30% attend a 4a school, 10% 3a, 5.4% 2a, 2.5% 1a. In Div I football (both subdivisions included) 1% of those on rosters are from 1A, 3.3% 2A, and 7% from 3A. In baseball, .5% from 1A, 1.75% from 2A and 5.6% from 3A. There are only 3 1A and 11 2A players on DI baseball rosters in Tx. SHSU had the highest % of 3A and under footballers at 24%. TCU was the highest bowl series team with 13.7%. In baseball, Lamar had the highest small school % at 19%. The average baseball roster had 33 players while only 11.7 scholarships are given. So, the average is 35% scholarship per player. In the football championship division there was and average of 76 per team and 63 scholarships. That averages to 82% scholarship per player. At the bowl division, the average roster was 114 with 85 available scholarships for an avg of 74% scholarship per player.

XMan
01-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Forgot, schools with most football 3A: Bellville, Carthage, Madisonville, and Silsbee all had 4 on a roster. There were 10 3As that had 3 on rosters. In 2A, Tatum had 4 and no one else had more than 2. In 1A, Lovelady and Maud each had 3 on a roster with Tenaha having 2. In baseball, Caldwell, Hardin Jeff, needville, Orangefield, and Wharton all had 2 on a roster. In 2a, Cameron had 2 on a roster. In 1A, Bremond, Seymour and Holland all had a baseballer on a div I roster.

poisoned10
01-29-2011, 02:51 AM
Gilmer has more than 4 players on football bowl sub-division teams.

Gilmer has:

Stump Godfrey - New Mexico
David Snow - Texas
Braylon Webb - Missouri
Tristan Holt - Missouri
Lamar Harris - Oklahoma
G.J. Kinne - Tulsa

That's just off the top of my head. There might be a couple of others that I'm forgetting.

Also, you mentions 2011 rosters, so I'm assuming you aren't counting those who were seniors this past football season. If so, there is atleast 1 other from Gilmer (Curtis Brown - Texas).

Not saying this to brag on Gilmer, just saying that your stats don't seem to be accurate. Unless I'm missing something.

XMan
01-29-2011, 09:11 AM
I only looked at TEXAS teams. I looked at 2010 football and 2011 baseball.

poisoned10
01-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Well I guess that's why then.

Sorry for questioning your stats!

NastySlot
01-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I' ll give you a little for you work....but to only use Texas schools would slight the smaller classes in both football and baseball.

Many smaller classification players go outside state to play........ie: Missouri had two good 3A players two seasons ago one from Rockdale and another from Jasper.

XMan
01-29-2011, 03:56 PM
I totally agree that this is by no means anywhere near scientific. I just didnt have the time/energy to look up the div I teams.