PDA

View Full Version : Football Banquet

RoyceTTU
01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Brownwood had theirs last night and it was great.

A special congrats to

Payton Christopher
Caden Ellis
Graylon Brown

They all received generous scholorships from the Lion Faithful last night for being upstanding students, athlete, citizen.

All-District, All-State, and Big Country All-District as well as Old Coach awards were all handed out.

Also presented at the banquet was the 3ADOWNLOW Player of the Year - Congrats Graylon on a fine season.

If any Lion Faithful was worried about Shipley's and Staff's tenure, he squashed the rumors out there. I sounded like he truely found home. :D

It was a good time last night and a lot of fun listening to the players give some of the coaches a little jibbing back after a great season.

NastySlot
01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Brownwood had theirs last night and it was great.

A special congrats to

Payton Christopher
Caden Ellis
Graylon Brown

They all received generous scholorships from the Lion Faithful last night for being upstanding students, athlete, citizen.

All-District, All-State, and Big Country All-District as well as Old Coach awards were all handed out.

Also presented at the banquet was the 3ADOWNLOW Player of the Year - Congrats Graylon on a fine season.

If any Lion Faithful was worried about Shipley's and Staff's tenure, he squashed the rumors out there. I sounded like he truely found home. :D

It was a good time last night and a lot of fun listening to the players give some of the coaches a little jibbing back after a great season.

does brown play baseball?

Old LB
01-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
does brown play baseball?

Yes, and basketball and track and helps old ladies in his spare time. :D

44INAROW
01-28-2011, 10:00 AM
does Brownwood have a banquet for the other falls sports at the same time? Just wondering

RoyceTTU
01-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
does Brownwood have a banquet for the other falls sports at the same time? Just wondering

There used to be one for sports excluding football, and one for football. And I don't remember it being open to public, only parents and immediate family but maybe I'm wrong.

I really don't know what the format is now?

GrTigers6
01-28-2011, 11:14 AM
We have one for all sports in May

Ernest T Bass
01-28-2011, 11:20 AM
I HATE multiple sport banquets!!! :twitch:

GrTigers6
01-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I HATE multiple sport banquets!!! :twitch: Its too much work to have more than one:D

Black_Magic
01-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Did Rocket Get the crap talk award ? or diid he even show??:clap:

Ernest T Bass
01-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I just don't wanna have to sit through 30 minute, blubbering speeches from volleyball coaches who tear up as their introducing the 9th grade b-team watergirl. I think girls' coaches get paid by the word and extra by the tear.

GrTigers6
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
I just don't wanna have to sit through 30 minute, blubbering speeches from volleyball coaches who tear up as their introducing the 9th grade b-team watergirl. I think girls' coaches get paid by the word and extra by the tear. :D
Well by having them all together our coaches are very limited in there speaches. in fact most want to go home as fast as we do:D

RoyceTTU
01-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
:D
Well by having them all together our coaches are very limited in there speaches. in fact most want to go home as fast as we do:D

I can tell you, a banquet is a lot more fun with the right "Master of Ceremonies". We are very blessed to have the great Dallas Huston. When he gets done talking, there isn't much left to be said. He is great. :clap:

NastySlot
01-28-2011, 11:55 AM
:D

i'm not for all of them together either.................do you all have parents and players walk out after their sport has be recognized...and not stay for the other sports....I hate that.

GrTigers6
01-28-2011, 12:54 PM
i'm not for all of them together either.................do you all have parents and players walk out after their sport has be recognized...and not stay for the other sports....I hate that. No the majority stay for the entire program. Of course most of our athletes play multiple sports. The program follows the sports activity. Cross country, volleyball, football,basketball,golf,tennis,baseball softball,track so they would have to stay anyway if they were in a spring sport.

GrTigers6
01-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I can tell you, a banquet is a lot more fun with the right "Master of Ceremonies". We are very blessed to have the great Dallas Huston. When he gets done talking, there isn't much left to be said. He is great. :clap: Yeah we struggle for a guest speaker every year. know anyone? lol

NastySlot
01-28-2011, 01:38 PM
No the majority stay for the entire program. Of course most of our athletes play multiple sports. The program follows the sports activity. Cross country, volleyball, football,basketball,golf,tennis,baseball softball,track so they would have to stay anyway if they were in a spring sport.

wow you all do one big one for the entire year.

we have a fall and spring one..............ours have gotten to were athletes don' show up, don't dress up and leave when there sport is done being recognized.

I get very disappointed with them.

LH Panther Mom
01-29-2011, 07:47 AM
i'm not for all of them together either.................do you all have parents and players walk out after their sport has be recognized...and not stay for the other sports....I hate that.
:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul: Do NOT get me started!!!!!

GrTigers6
01-29-2011, 09:19 AM
wow you all do one big one for the entire year.

we have a fall and spring one..............ours have gotten to were athletes don' show up, don't dress up and leave when there sport is done being recognized.

I get very disappointed with them. We have consistently had 350 - 400 every year I have been president which is 3 years now going on four. It is a really successful banquet.

LH Panther Mom
01-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Yeah we struggle for a guest speaker every year. know anyone? lol
The last time we had a GUEST speaker was the 1998-99 banquet. I don't know if there were 1 or 2 banquets. I just remember most of the kids acting like a bunch of JERKS when the guest speaker was "on". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ccmom
01-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I think girls' coaches get paid by the word and extra by the tear.

Hmmmm....I guess you would know, since you are a "girls' coach" this year, right? :thinking: :devil:

Additup
01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Get all athletes out of school early one afternoon after TAKS. Take them to a pool and grill burgers and hot dogs. If it's really "for the kids" they'd rather do this than put on a tie and listen to a guest speaker...

3 things are certain in life - death, taxes, and athletic banquet complaints.

garciap77
01-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Additup
Get all athletes out of school early one afternoon after TAKS. Take them to a pool and grill burgers and hot dogs. If it's really "for the kids" they'd rather do this than put on a tie and listen to a guest speaker...

3 things are certain in life - death, taxes, and athletic banquet complaints.

:iagree:

Ernest T Bass
01-29-2011, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Hmmmm....I guess you would know, since you are a "girls' coach" this year, right? :thinking: :devil:

I dont speak much espanol, so me speaking at any gathering of our parents would be a practice in futility.