PDA

View Full Version : Bowman accepts Paris gig

YTBulldogs
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
According to David Smoak, Bowman has accepted the Paris HC position.

catgut
01-27-2011, 08:58 PM
And we are thrilled to have a coach with his resume.

buckeyebob
01-28-2011, 07:50 AM
What happened to Bowman & the Jasper job?

He can certainley build a team...look at D'field before he came...you better tote a Hog Leg to the snack bar...they were rough.

Give him a couple of years...5 years @ D'field and the last 3 were back to back to back...only 3 losses...oh did I mention. they were all to the Buckeyes. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-devil24.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Sorry....the devil made me do it.

Gsquared
01-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Hope Bowman can get some of those athletes that are walking the halls and not coming out for ball in the fall.

Ernest T Bass
01-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
What happened to Bowman & the Jasper job?

He can certainley build a team...look at D'field before he came...you better tote a Hog Leg to the snack bar...they were rough.

Give him a couple of years...5 years @ D'field and the last 3 were back to back to back...only 3 losses...oh did I mention. they were all to the Buckeyes. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-devil24.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) Sorry....the devil made me do it.

Thought he was only at DF 3 years?

catgut
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Hope Bowman can get some of those athletes that are walking the halls and not coming out for ball in the fall. We usually lose 30-40 kids a year between 8th grade and high school. Hopefully, he will shrink that number by a good bit.

NastySlot
01-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by catgut
We usually lose 30-40 kids a year between 8th grade and high school. Hopefully, he will shrink that number by a good bit.

why do you lose so many?

poisoned10
01-28-2011, 12:05 PM
5 years @ D'field
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Thought he was only at DF 3 years?

It was 3 years. His first season was in 2008.

Matthew328
01-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
why do you lose so many?

They get caught up in all that is Paris...

Gsquared
01-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
They get caught up in all that is Paris...
Ahh the city of lights! Hard to keep good condition athletes when your cuisine has alot of heavy cream based sauces in it.

catgut
01-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
why do you lose so many?
Lot of them go straight baseball or basketball but most of the ones we lose are because they were tired of the previous coaches always pamering the "bad" kids to keep them in the program because they were good athletes.

coachc45
01-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
It was 3 years. His first season was in 2008.

He was a co-ordinator there under the previous coach for 2 years. That makes 5 total.

Phil C
01-28-2011, 04:47 PM
I wonder if he will have time to watch the Tour de France this summer.

catgut
01-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wonder if he will have time to watch the Tour de France this summer. Not quite, we have our own tour. It's Tour de Paris and is a big deal here around the middle of July.

poisoned10
01-29-2011, 02:37 AM
n/m

poisoned10
01-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by coachc45
He was a co-ordinator there under the previous coach for 2 years. That makes 5 total.
Quote from Coach Bowman as written on smoaky.com:

Bowman, who led Daingerfield to three consecutive Class 2-A State Championships, told David Smoak, "I am absolutely thrilled to have this opportunity to work at Paris High School. The timing is just right, and my family and I will never forget our three years in Daingerfield."

buckeyebob
01-31-2011, 05:53 AM
It was my understanding that D'field was fixing to replace him anyway...3 SC w/ only 3 losses in the last 3 yrs. to the same team...mmmmmm...just couln't beat the Buckeyes

YTBulldogs
01-31-2011, 06:43 AM
It was my understanding that D'field was fixing to replace him anyway...3 SC w/ only 3 losses in the last 3 yrs. to the same team...mmmmmm...just couln't beat the Buckeyes

LOL. Don't think they give a flip about those 3 L's, as long as they win the one that counts bob.

lulu
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM

But he won a SC and the Buckeyes didn't (2010)....sorry devil made me say it.

I told you guys he was waiting on something...I just couldn't tell you what.:D

waterboy
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by lulu
But he won a SC and the Buckeyes didn't (2010)....sorry devil made me say it.

I told you guys he was waiting on something...I just couldn't tell you what.:D
No kidding. I'd trade with him in a heartbeat. We got one state championship during his three years, and he got three.:( I think playing the Buckeyes truly helped the Tigers, though.

Ernest T Bass
01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
No I think playing the Buckeyes truly helped the Tigers, though.

Yeah, helped them get their win total up.

waterboy
01-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Yeah, helped them get their win total up.
How? The only three losses in Bowman's three years were to the Buckeyes. I talked to a couple of their coaches and each one said it always helped to play a team like Gilmer because it would bring their players back down to earth. That's what I meant......:nerd:

lulu
01-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
No kidding. I'd trade with him in a heartbeat. We got one state championship during his three years, and he got three.:( I think playing the Buckeyes truly helped the Tigers, though. Your team has nothing to regret. I'm sure the competitions between the two schools will always bring out the best in both. It's like SH and WO. It does not matter what classification either one moves to they are always gonna play their best against each other.

I'm going to miss having Dylan to watch on the field next year. He has signed for baseball with Texarkana College .Still has others looking but has committed.