PDA

View Full Version : Americal Idol...

Bullaholic
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
O.k.--I'll turn in my man card later, but the only part I ever watch is the auditions because it is fairly genuine, and mostly interesting.
Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are surprisingly classier, and not as full of themselves as I imagined they would be---they are even showing compassion.

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
they are even showing compassion.

Is PhilC the new producer?

Ranger Mom
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
O.k.--I'll turn in my man card later, but the only part I ever watch is the auditions because it is fairly genuine, and mostly interesting.
Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are surprisingly classier, and not as full of themselves as I imagined they would be---they are even showing compassion.

I have been REALLY impressed with the talent level of the 15 year olds this year!!

:eek:

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have been REALLY impressed with the talent level of the 15 year olds this year!!

:eek:

You been hangin' out with CCMom?

Ranger Mom
01-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
You been hangin' out with CCMom?

Not since the Brownwood/Monahans game....why?

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Phil C
Is PhilC the new producer?

;)

I agree Bull. I thought it would hurt without Simon but it is great. I hope people will watch and the ratings get better because this show is still great and is in some ways even better. You can't help but like Steven and he goes sincere interest in helping the contestents even when they don't get to advance. I hope the show is able to get enough viewers to continue because it gives a lot of people the chance to get noticed and become a star. And that is even if they don't win the competition. This show in some cases has even helped those who didn't advance. Let's hope it continues. Everyone please give it a chance because I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Bullaholic
I think the last guy that sang last night is a "ringer"---I think the producers knew this guy had a lot of talent as well as a human interest story. Guy can sing, and I do feel sorry for his fiancee's head injury.

Bullaholic
01-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
;)

I agree Bull. I thought it would hurt without Simon but it is great. I hope people will watch and the ratings get better because this show is still great and is in some ways even better. You can't help but like Steven and he goes sincere interest in helping the contestents even when they don't get to advance. I hope the show is able to get enough viewers to continue because it gives a lot of people the chance to get noticed and become a star. And that is even if they don't win the competition. This show in some cases has even helped those who didn't advance. Let's hope it continues. Everyone please give it a chance because I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Too bad the Sinton matador is too old to audition, Phil...:D

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Not since the Brownwood/Monahans game....why?

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

B/c she's usually impressed with the talent of 15 year olds, too.

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
My dad's not a hippie, because he doesn't believe in sex.

-That was the only part of the show I even saw last night.

Bullaholic
01-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
My dad's not a hippie, because he doesn't believe in sex.

-That was the only part of the show I even saw last night.

That guy in the Civil War gear was stranger than G2's photo collection...

bobcat1
01-27-2011, 12:21 PM
B/c she's usually impressed with the talent of 15 year olds, too. :spitlol: :fnypost: It was a 17 year old though.:D

44INAROW
01-27-2011, 12:23 PM

I agree - I'm like Steven Tyler and J-Lo....... is it me or are the contestants alot younger this year?

Ranger Mom
01-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I agree - I'm like Steven Tyler and J-Lo....... is it me or are the contestants alot younger this year?

They lowered the age to 15 this season!

I also heard they are doing away with the "theme nights"...thanks goodness!!!

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

well, you're a year older since last year...

Cam
01-27-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm lookin' forward to seeing Steven / Aerosmith perform. (if they do.)

44INAROW
01-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
well, you're a year older since last year...
please don't remind me.. :doh: :D

nobogey72
01-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I'm lookin' forward to seeing Steven / Aerosmith perform. (if they do.)

I think Steven Tyler is great for that show. Dude can make some strange sounds come out of his mouth. Kinda reminds me of a girl I dated in HS.:eek: (Get your mind out of the gutter, she was actually a singer with a raspy voice)

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I think Steven Tyler is great for that show. Dude can make some strange sounds come out of his mouth.

Dude's got a strange mouth, period.

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2011, 01:17 PM
I think Steven Tyler is great for that show. Dude can make some strange sounds come out of his mouth. Kinda reminds me of a girl I dated in HS.:eek: (Get your mind out of the gutter, she was actually a singer with a raspy voice)

at least strange things were coming out of the mouth rather than going in, right?

Ranger Mom
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM

Did you see the rocker girl with a raspy voice last night?? When I first saw her I thought, "she looks like she could be his daughter!" Evidently they thought so too!!

lv2937
01-27-2011, 03:31 PM
my wife has a cousin that made it to hollywood.got sent home after the first day.

bobcat1
01-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Did you see the rocker girl with a raspy voice last night?? When I first saw her I thought, "she looks like she could be his daughter!" Evidently they thought so too!! I did. Thought the same thing.

nobogey72
01-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Did you see the rocker girl with a raspy voice last night?? When I first saw her I thought, "she looks like she could be his daughter!" Evidently they thought so too!!

So that's what that was all about!!! I'm a little slow and didn't catch on to that part. But she was pretty good.

turbostud
01-27-2011, 06:53 PM

yea but he sang that Lion King song pretty good. Kinda a weird mix.

Phil C
01-27-2011, 07:28 PM

He was interesting. Steven wanted him to advance but the others didn't. I think he would have added some interest in Hollywood.

Phil C
01-27-2011, 07:30 PM
He was interesting. Steven wanted him to advance but the others didn't. I think he would have added some interest in Hollywood.

Also the Packer fan should have advanced because she was entertaining and I am a Cowboy fan. :)

Phil C
01-27-2011, 07:31 PM
After watching for the first few episodes I think Steven recognizes talent and potential talent better than Randy or Jennifer.

ccmom
01-27-2011, 07:37 PM
You been hangin' out with CCMom? Bless your heart. You really do try to be funny, don't you. :rolleyes: :p

Ranger Mom
01-28-2011, 09:37 AM
After watching for the first few episodes I think Steven recognizes talent and potential talent better than Randy or Jennifer.

He is a big softy! Randy is trying to take over where Simon left off!

RoyceTTU
01-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Dude's got a strange mouth, period.

It was funny listening to Stephen Tyler tell that girl with the big mouth that she looked like Mic Jagger and not him in the 1st episode. Then said people mistake jag for tyler and not the other way around.

Maybe just me but it sounded like a small jab, probably for fun and not malicious but I got a chuckle.

bobcat1
01-28-2011, 10:04 AM
That blonde 15 year old last night that was the last performer bears watching. She was awesome!

GrTigers6
01-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That blonde 15 year old last night that was the last performer bears watching. She was awesome! :iagree:

nobogey72
01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
That blonde 15 year old last night that was the last performer bears watching. She was awesome!

What was the name of the Aerosmith song she sang for her parents that ST joined in with her? We were trying to think of it this morning and noone could think of it.

Ranger Mom
01-28-2011, 12:41 PM
What was the name of the Aerosmith song she sang for her parents that ST joined in with her? We were trying to think of it this morning and noone could think of it.

I don't wanna miss a thing

Hornet Mom 2
01-28-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't wanna miss a thing

Steven Tyler said when he was walking to the limo after the blonde girls audition, we just found the next American Idol, or something to that effect. She was one of the best I've seen so far this season, so we'll see if his prediction holds.

Bullaholic
01-28-2011, 01:39 PM

Another producer's "ringer" who they knew had talent and would go deep, plus having a human interest event in their lives, also. I think she is really good, and would love to see her win for her friend's sake.