PDA

View Full Version : Burnet info and stuff for Sinton Fans...

SintonFan
11-25-2002, 03:44 AM
I decided to dig a little...
these links and profiles give a little taste of Burnet. :)
These links are good high speed links:

1: High quality link to Burnet after going undefeated during their regular season(read the article and then click on News 36 Video):
kxan.com (http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=1013141)

2: Go to the daily poll on the right and click on the "Jordan Shipley-Burnet" link. receiver (http://www.kvue.com/sports/)

Just a couple of standouts from Burnet(provided by www.Fox7.com): (http://www.Fox7.com):)

Patrick Miller
Burnet HS RB #23
5'9" 194 lbs. 4.50 in 40 at Nike Combine
Patrick enjoyed a productive 2001 season as a junior despite missing three full games to injury. He accounted for 1500 total yards.
But it was September 21, 2001 at Rockdale that Patrick had his best night to date. He rushed for 217 yards while scoring on touchdown runs of 3, 51, 1, 1 and 2 yards. He also ran a punt back 66 yards to cap a 6-touchdown performance.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2000, he accounted for 1300 total yards while scoring 7 touchdowns on the ground and adding another on a return.
Patrick benches 310 lbs while squatting 510 lbs. He also has a 32" vertical leap.

2002 Season: Rushing Stats
Date Opponent Carries Yards TDs
8/30 @ Reagan (House Park) 15 148 1
9/6 Gatesville 13 139 2
9/13 Shoemaker 26 54 N/A
9/20 Midland Christian 10 97 2
9/27 @ Marlin N/A N/A N/A
10/11 Llano 9 77 2
10/18 Bandera
10/25 @ Wimberley
11/1 Ingram Moore
11/8 @ Liberty Hill
Season: N/A N/A N/A

Eddy Parker
Verbal Commitment to Georgia Tech
Burnet HS OL #76
6'5" 280 lbs. 5.2 in 40(this guy is better than 5.2)
Despite playing at a 3A school in the Hill Country that doesn't get near as much media exposure as some big city programs, Eddy has established himself as one of the top offensive line prospects in the state.
"I like being down and dirty," Eddy tells FOX 7. "I like being where the play starts everytime. I like having that kind of control. My feet quickness combined with my long arms are my keys along with my strength. Being smart on the offensive line is crucial in order to know your blocking assignments on each play."
Georgia Tech, SMU, TCU, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Rice and Oklahoma State are among the schools who have discovered this terrific prospect in the Highland lakes area. "Georgia Tech & SMU were my first two offers. My initial reaction was stunned to get offers from Georgia Tech and SMU. SMU is an up and coming program and Georgia Tech is a Top-25 team almost every year. That two real good schools to having wanting me."
After taking an unofficial visit in Mid-July to check out Georgia Tech's campus, Eddy went ahead and gave his verbal commitment to the Yellow Jackets.
Eddy caught the attention of a number of college coaches at the Nike Combine in College Station on May 4th. He's now considered one of the top offensive line prospects in the state this fall. "For my size, I can evidently move really well. It was kind of awkward and kind of neat to know that college coaches were looking at you to see how you would perform. And I just went out and did my very best." Eddy attended 3-day camps at TCU (6/3), SMU (6/9) and A&M (6/16).
He'll continue to hold down the right tackle this fall after an outstanding season protecting outstanding Class of 2004 QB prospect Stephen McGee. "You have to be extra quick to face the defensive end that normally runs 4.6 or 4.7. You have to be a real athlete to play either tackle position. Coaches usually put their studs there."
As a sophomore, Eddy worked his way into the starting lineup for the Bulldogs by the time district play kicked into gear.
Eddy benchpresses 300 lbs., squats 520 lbs. and powercleans 275 lbs...

I hope to get some more stuff coming guys!

spiritpridehonor
11-25-2002, 12:45 PM
Thanks SintonFan, I'm from Burnet and didn't even know of these sites. That is so awesome!! Is there anything like that for the Pirates? I would love to see it! Ain't football great!!

SintonFan
11-25-2002, 07:30 PM
spiritpridehonor, try going to Caller Times web site (http://www.caller.com) and go to high school sports. There will be a link for the friday night telecast from channel 6. It should be on the left and titled: "Video:Friday sports roundup" There will also be stats in there (although, they are not always accurate).

<small>[ November 25, 2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

spiritpridehonor
11-26-2002, 01:25 AM
Once again I thank you very much!! I guess we'll both be at the game Saturday sitting across from each other. Have a safe trip!!

GO BULLDAWGS!! ONE TEAM - ONE DREAM GO BULLDAWGS!!

SPIRT PRIDE HONOR

SintonFan
11-26-2002, 01:44 AM
spiritpridehonor:
Once again I thank you very much!! I guess we'll both be at the game Saturday sitting across from each other. Have a safe trip!!

GO BULLDAWGS!! ONE TEAM - ONE DREAM GO BULLDAWGS!!

SPIRT PRIDE HONORThanks! :)
I know we'll all get our money's worth from this game. I hope yall have a safe trip, too!