PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Possibly Playing at TCU in 2011

Matthew328
01-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Good Lord that could get ugly

Ernest T Bass
01-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Do they have NCAA sixman football? Lamar may have to go to it after this game.

NastySlot
01-26-2011, 10:33 PM
wow

Matthew328
01-26-2011, 10:34 PM
TCU needs the game and Lamar needs the pay day

Ernest T Bass
01-26-2011, 10:56 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMW8v_-ioOyJUTbn94MozhQBd68duwTtq84BN7eGOao8ET2ETVKdGoUqm 8

poisoned10
01-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMW8v_-ioOyJUTbn94MozhQBd68duwTtq84BN7eGOao8ET2ETVKdGoUqm 8

FAIL!

coach
01-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
TCU needs the game and Lamar needs the pay day

I heard the NCAA might make them play at Lamar

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
FAIL!

Yeah....Epic. Haven't quite got that figured out yet.

poisoned10
01-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah....Epic. Haven't quite got that figured out yet.

Just have to make sure that you copy the link to the picture from the website it's on and not from where it's displayed on Google or whatever search engine you use.

Phil C
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
This game should be a epic classic and thriller. It just goes to show how the great TCU team is building up its' schedule to play top quality teams and to make them even well more deserving to get to the BCS Title game. Well done Frogs!

:clap:

BEAST
01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
This game should be a epic classic and thriller. It just goes to show how the great TCU team is building up its' schedule to play top quality teams and to make them even well more deserving to get to the BCS Title game. Well done Frogs!

:clap:

Wasnt it TT that backed out yet agian? How about your Horns, think they want some of TCU?

BEAST

RoyceTTU
01-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Wasnt it TT that backed out yet agian? How about your Horns, think they want some of TCU?

BEAST

I'm gonna bite my tongue this time because I might run into you this evening at the banquet and I don't want you putting me in a headlock :D

BEAST
01-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm gonna bite my tongue this time because I might run into you this evening at the banquet and I don't want you putting me in a headlock :D

LOL. I wasnt really hating on TT. But, they did back out. That is what has caused this whole mess. Honestly, TT, UT, nor ATM should want any of TCU right now.

BEAST

Phil C
01-27-2011, 11:39 AM

BEAST

I think the question might should go the other way.

BEAST
01-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I think the question might should go the other way.

I think TCU would jump at the chance to play any of the "big boys". I dont think they would back down for a second. Wasnt that many years ago that they went to Norman on the first week of the season and knocked of OU. Didnt take them long to get TCU off the schedule.

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 12:02 PM
For 2011, I think TCU would be a little hesitiant to play some of the "big boys". Gonna be a down year, compared to the last few.

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
For 2011, I think TCU would be a little hesitiant to play some of the "big boys". Gonna be a down year, compared to the last few.

I think they'd matchup alright with Texas next year.

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I think they'd matchup alright with Texas next year.

I said BIG boys.

RoyceTTU
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
I think TCU would jump at the chance to play any of the "big boys". I dont think they would back down for a second. Wasnt that many years ago that they went to Norman on the first week of the season and knocked of OU. Didnt take them long to get TCU off the schedule.

BEAST

Okay, you made me bite :D

It dosn't as much matter to who they play, it's WHERE? TTU did what TCU did last year. Last year it was no big deal because it benifited both schools that they backed out. TCU got the home game they wanted and TTU got the TV deal with UT they wanted. And it worked out double time for TCU because they were able to reschedule with Oregon State and get a TV deal also. Sweet deal for TCU! TTU had to fill the scheduling hole and scheduled Weber State (a non BCS qualifying game) to fill the hole but we did get to play it at home.

This year TTU was returning the favor, TTU wants the home game, TCU is in a pickle trying to replace the hole in their schedule.

No school would agree to play an away game without a home game to recoup the revenue. Even if it could be moved to Jerry world. We already have a deal with Baylor to play at Jerry world and that already dosn't sit well with the season ticket holders of Jones Stadium. Why would we want two.

Anyhow, this is how it shook down from what I understand but who knows. :D

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2011, 12:21 PM
I said BIG boys.

:D :fnypost:

Good point.

BEAST
01-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Okay, you made me bite :D

It dosn't as much matter to who they play, it's WHERE? TTU did what TCU did last year. Last year it was no big deal because it benifited both schools that they backed out. TCU got the home game they wanted and TTU got the TV deal with UT they wanted. And it worked out double time for TCU because they were able to reschedule with Oregon State and get a TV deal also. Sweet deal for TCU! TTU had to fill the scheduling hole and scheduled Weber State (a non BCS qualifying game) to fill the hole but we did get to play it at home.

This year TTU was returning the favor, TTU wants the home game, TCU is in a pickle trying to replace the hole in their schedule.

No school would agree to play an away game without a home game to recoup the revenue. Even if it could be moved to Jerry world. We already have a deal with Baylor to play at Jerry world and that already dosn't sit well with the season ticket holders of Jones Stadium. Why would we want two.

Anyhow, this is how it shook down from what I understand but who knows. :D

Fair enough. But the point I am making is right now, I think TCU is the #1 program in Texas. I dont even think UT is the #2 but thats a different topic. I dont think any of the "Big 3" Texas schools want any part of scheduling them.

BEAST

RoyceTTU
01-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Fair enough. But the point I am making is right now, I think TCU is the #1 program in Texas. I dont even think UT is the #2 but thats a different topic. I dont think any of the "Big 3" Texas schools want any part of scheduling them.

BEAST

Maybe I'm wrong, but the Chancellor at all 3 schools would love to play them at HOME. The coach might have a different take on the subject but I totally understand your point.

For what it's worth, I was disappointed the game was dropped, but I have no weight in the matter. If there was one year to go after them, it would be this year. I undertand the economics side of it as well. I just wish NCAA wouldn't of become so commercialized.

BEAST
01-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but the Chancellor at all 3 schools would love to play them at HOME. The coach might have a different take on the subject but I totally understand your point.

For what it's worth, I was disappointed the game was dropped, but I have no weight in the matter. If there was one year to go after them, it would be this year. I undertand the economics side of it as well. I just wish NCAA wouldn't of become so commercialized.

I totally agree. But TCU deserves a home and home contract. Again, just my opinion.

BEAST

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2011, 01:01 PM
I totally agree. But TCU deserves a home and home contract. Again, just my opinion.

BEAST

And TCU just lost another home game when the MWC decided to make TCU play at Boise State instead of the game being at TCU because it helps the conference in the long-term with TCU heading out.

RoyceTTU
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
But TCU deserves a home and home contract. Again, just my opinion.

BEAST

Yep, I agree, thats why I understand TTU dropping TCU.

RoyceTTU
01-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
And TCU just lost another home game when the MWC decided to make TCU play at Boise State instead of the game being at TCU because it helps the conference in the long-term with TCU heading out.

did that get finalized? I know they were meeting about it. Talk about getting bent over.

bwdlionfan
01-27-2011, 01:34 PM

BEAST

I'm not an OU fan, and I do like TCU... but do remember OU was VERY down that year. Wasn't that the year Texas won the MNC? Texas destroyed OU that season.

Black Swarm
01-27-2011, 01:47 PM
TT could have dropped New Mexico.
OU went 8-4 in 2005, that is when Frogs beat them.
OU had a pretty good running back-Adrian Peterson.
If memory serves me correct Texas was NC that year.
Frogs are going to have trouble filling schedule with any decent opponents this late.

NastySlot
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Black Swarm
TT could have dropped New Mexico.
OU went 8-4 in 2005, that is when Frogs beat them.
OU had a pretty good running back-Adrian Peterson.
If memory serves me correct Texas was NC that year.
Frogs are going to have trouble filling schedule with any decent opponents this late.

and beat baylor in double ot.