PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
on now on ESPN

Is this an oxymoron?

BaseballUmp
01-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Slight sarcasm...this CEO/Chairman doesn't sound too sure of himself

Surely they could have just sent out an email to everyone that gives a damn and posted flyers in the truck stop restrooms for the rest of them

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2011, 07:26 PM
I might be interested in NASCAR if the drivers didn't slap fight and push each other while
they waited for their pit crews to hold them back. I swear it's like watching two women fight and
Tony Stewart is the biggest chick.

PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Or they could have just announced it on the CB in South Carolina.

PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 07:28 PM
NASCAR would be more fun if half the cars raced in the opposite direction.

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

With no breaking capabilty? :thinking:

bobcat1
01-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Y'all have obviously never been to the parties at night on race weekends. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SintonFan
01-26-2011, 08:22 PM

I'd watch that. Heck! I'd pay to watch that.:cool:

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Y'all have obviously never been to the parties at night on race weekends. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nope. Maybe ESPN should show those highlights on Sportscenter rather than the race its self. :thinking:

Third
01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Oh, I thought maybe they were going to institute a right turn or something.

PPHSfan
01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1

I actually went to the race on November 7th last year in Texas. I wanted to see what it was all about. Willie Nelson did a concert before the race and the flyover was a B-52 which was awesome. The cars seem to go ten times as fast live vs television and there was some good grub. But I would classify the thing as an EVENT not a sport. And while I enjoyed myself. Once was enough. Kinda like riding a bull.

greendawg84
01-27-2011, 09:53 AM
I actually went to the race on November 7th last year in Texas. I wanted to see what it was all about. Willie Nelson did a concert before the race and the flyover was a B-52 which was awesome. The cars seem to go ten times as fast live vs television and there was some good grub. But I would classify the thing as an EVENT not a sport. And while I enjoyed myself. Once was enough. Kinda like riding a bull.

As stated above you have never been to the campground after party, thats what you go for , go walk thru the Finish Line Campgrounds on Saturday night in the Spring. Gould Pumps has one hell of a party ......