PDA

View Full Version : Ate Lunch in Snyder Texas today.

PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 06:16 PM
On another hunting land excursion. Ate at the Burger King. Gawd I hate Burger King, but I was starving. Got a coke to go at the Rip Griffins next door. They should call that place Big Fat Assed RIP OFF Griffins. Paid $1.79 Plus tax for a 20oz Coke, that costs a buck twenty nine all over the rest of the free world.

Bullaholic
01-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
On another hunting land excursion. Ate at the Burger King. Gawd I hate Burger King, but I was starving. Got a coke to go at the Rip Griffins next door. They should call that place Big Fat Assed RIP OFF Griffins. Paid $1.79 Plus tax for a 20oz Coke, that costs a buck twenty nine all over the rest of the free world.

Did you imitate Michael Douglas' character in "Falling Down" over the coke price? :D

PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Did you imitate Michael Douglas' character in "Falling Down" over the coke price? :D

No. But come on. A buck seventy nine????

Really? Really?

cr180t
01-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Should have called I would have told you of several other places as well. we have several good restaurants.

PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Should have called I would have told you of several other places as well. we have several good restaurants.

I'm sure you do. I was just in a hurry. But I'm still peeved about the soda. It wasn't even very cold. For that price it should have given me brain freeze, and it should have been served by a much younger lady with less clothing and bigger boobs.

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2011, 06:53 PM

I drove right by there last night on my way home from watching the freshmen boys play. I
thought about stopping because I was starving. But, I don't trust any fast food
chain attached to a truck stop.

PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I drove right by there last night on my way home from watching the freshmen boys play. I
thought about stopping because I was I was starving. But, I don't trust any fast food
chain attached to a truck stop.

Why is that? I mean, I dont like Burger King, but it was just as good as any other lousy Burger King. Lol

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Why is that? I mean, I dont like Burger King, but it was just as good as any other lousy Burger King. Lol

They just seem to always be overpriced and have a limited menu compared to the
full-sized stores. At least that's been my experience. That goes for all chains.

SintonFan
01-26-2011, 08:26 PM
So five dolla footlongs are six in the pit?:eek:

NastySlot
01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
how much was the coke at burger king?....could of just gotten a medium at bk...if you ate in and just kept filling it up while you ate and again as you left.

PPHSfan
01-27-2011, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
how much was the coke at burger king?....could of just gotten a medium at bk...if you ate in and just kept filling it up while you ate and again as you left.

Over the years I have gotten into the habit of no drinks in my vehicle that don't have a screw on top. You can never really clean a spilled soda to my satisfaction.

Gsquared
01-27-2011, 07:43 AM
I soooo hear you. Soda and blood just never completley seem to come out when you cleaning your seats. I have strict rules in my vehicle now too.

Heffelfinger
01-27-2011, 09:11 AM
I was glad to see a Dickie's BBQ in Snyder. Great stuff that I grew up on in Dallas.

RoyceTTU
01-27-2011, 09:21 AM

I like that sandwhich shop around the corner from our Lumberyard. Philly with a cold Shiner :D The one on the square.

pero chato
01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
I had lunch with the Sheriff last week at Snyder Seafood and Steak. Great catfish and a lot of it for a decent price.

BwdLion73
01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
I had lunch with the Sheriff last week at Snyder Seafood and Steak. Great catfish and a lot of it for a decent price.

They take inmates out to lunch now?:D

cr180t
01-27-2011, 11:10 AM
lol:clap: :clap: :clap:

Black_Magic
01-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
They take inmates out to lunch now?:D He is a suspect and didnt know it.

buff4ever
01-27-2011, 11:53 AM
snyder?:D

pero chato
01-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
He is a suspect and didnt know it.

LOL! You shouldn't talk about your Sheriff like that. He's a very nice fella.

Black_Magic
01-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
LOL! You shouldn't talk about your Sheriff like that. He's a very nice fella. I went to school with him. He is a good guy. thats what makes me think you must have been a suspect..

cr180t
01-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I went to school with him. He is a good guy. thats what makes me think you must have been a suspect..

Depends on who paid for lunch?

WildTexan972
01-27-2011, 12:49 PM
in Lubbock where Rip Griffin is based, we all know Rip's middle name is OFF......

pero chato
01-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Depends on who paid for lunch?

I did! My organization is paying to relocate the 9-1-1 dispatch over to the new law enforcement center. So we got a tour of the new facility. Very nice and well planned out, by the way.

Matthew328
01-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Plenty good places to eat in Snyder...I had the luxury of dining with Coach Rogers, his wife and Carl Padilla one of evening in a pretty good mexican food place..

BwdLion73
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I hear the Allsups in Hermleigh outside of Snyder has good burritos.;)