View Full Version : I just ordered two meterites online

Gsquared
01-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Hope im not gettin ripped off. Shoulda never started watchin Meteorite Men

Cam
01-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Hope im not gettin ripped off. Shoulda never started watchin Meteorite Men

I'll sell you my kidney stones! They're kinda like meteorites....come flyin' out of of a dark space and thru a worm hole......

OldBison75
01-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Cam, you are too quick for me. That response caused me to choke on my drink. I bet the items he ordered are just about as valuable as the kidney stones you offer.

PPHSfan
01-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Did you get them HERE (http://meteoritemen.com/meteorites-for-sale.htm )

TheDOCTORdre
01-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Cam
thru a worm hole......

not something I would be bragging about but thats just me

JJWalker
01-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Weren't you the dude I saw in an "I ate the worm" T-shirt?

zebrablue2
01-26-2011, 11:22 PM

rofl!!!

Cam
01-27-2011, 10:23 AM

LOL! You, my friend, obviously don't know much about worms. So, here you go:

It very much depends on which of the 1500 species of earthworm it is, but the smallest is less than 1 mm and the largest, the Australian Giant Gippsland Earthworm, can be up to 11 feet. The longest worm on record was 13 feet long. Ew.

The common earthworm, the lumbricus terrestis, usually only gets to 9 or 10 inches.

So, you see, even the good ol earthworm can probably out-length most of us......now girth, that's another story....don't make fun of my worms or I'll sic my Australian Giant on you......

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Cam
LOL! You, my friend, obviously don't know much about worms. So, here you go:

It very much depends on which of the 1500 species of earthworm it is, but the smallest is less than 1 mm and the largest, the Australian Giant Gippsland Earthworm, can be up to 11 feet. The longest worm on record was 13 feet long. Ew.

The common earthworm, the lumbricus terrestis, usually only gets to 9 or 10 inches.

So, you see, even the good ol earthworm can probably out-length most of us......now girth, that's another story....don't make fun of my worms or I'll sic my Australian Giant on you......

You, sir, know your worms.

NastySlot
01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
didn't that guy in that movie think he found a meteor.........and it was just a big piece of $#!+....what was that Joe Dirt?

Cam
01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
You, sir, know your worms.

Well, I'd like to think I'm a fairly well-rounded and edu-macated individual....
I remember when I was a kid growing up on a golf course (my dad was an assistant greenskeeper ala Bill Murray in Caddyshack). I used to go dig up worms at the country club's horse stables so I could go fishin'. Man, a couple of shovels of that soft dirt/horse crap would bring up plenty of them critters for the day. And those things were huge. The biggest one I ever dug up tried to bite me when I reached for it! Or so I thought.....

Gsquared
02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Well I got em in the mail finally. Good stuff, good stuff. They dont glow or anything.

Old LB
02-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Well I got em in the mail finally. Good stuff, good stuff. They dont glow or anything.

YET!

TheDOCTORdre
02-01-2011, 04:56 PM

are you glowing?

PPHSfan
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
For some reason I keep seeing Kevin Bacon in the movie "Tremors".

Cam
02-01-2011, 05:52 PM

How bout some pics? Hey, are you gonna try to extract the alien lifeforms from them? If so, here's the easiest way to do it:
Dunk the meteorite in boiling water for about 10 seconds, then dunk it in ice cold water for about 5 seconds, quickly dunk it again in boiling water for 3 seconds then back into the cold water for only a split second. Here's the critical part. Lay the meteorite in a medium-sized cake pan on the floor and quickly piss on it. This really gets the little bastards upset. They'll come swimmin' out of the rock like you wouldn't believe. Now all you gotta do is siphon them up (a small ear dropper works well) and check em out under a microscope at about 100X. Now, if you don't see squat, don't blame it on me! I got this lifeform extraction recipe from Carl Sagan shortly before his death. And that dude was saying some pretty weird stuff near the end.....Happy alien lifeform hunting!

turbostud
02-01-2011, 06:31 PM
aka a Boeing Bomb.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3059/2951136344_8551691da9.jpg

Gsquared
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
are you glowing?
No but I do feel smarter since I got em.