PDA

View Full Version : fattie in the backfield

cts76325i
10-15-2002, 10:06 PM
what do you guys think about ro castleberry's 315 lbs fullback...this is the second year so he is no gimmick...drop me your thoughts

Matthew328
10-15-2002, 10:41 PM
he isn't really a factor..too big and slow to do much.....he blocks ok though

htownfbman
10-15-2002, 10:55 PM
somtimes when wharton gets down inside the 20, they put their 6'6 330lb. monster in there at fb and he opens up some pretty good holes every once in a while, but its pretty much ineffective.

cts76325i
10-15-2002, 11:16 PM
he is averaging about 3.6 yards a carry and he has had 4 100 yard games.. that is pretty effective for a fat kid

Matthew328:
he isn't really a factor..too big and slow to do much.....he blocks ok though

this is the way we ball
10-16-2002, 07:20 AM
Didn't see his stats for the Everman game.. Did he play?

Matthew328
10-16-2002, 07:27 AM
11 carries 21 yards

cts76325i@skool
10-16-2002, 09:28 AM
that may have been true but that was souly because everman was running a defense to stop him they ran both DT at 1's and had thier DE lined up head up the OT and had them pinching in. but did any of you see his stats against the "o' so glorious kennedale team" he had a lil more tnan a hundred yards.

Jacket2000
10-16-2002, 10:00 AM
Everman coulda lined up in punt formation all night and still shut down Castlleberry; and Kennedale's defense has always been suspect. Besides, how long did their starters actually play?
Dont get me wrong, I love a power running game. But the fact of the matter is,you cant put linemen in the backfield. Ya gotta have some speed back there. Speed kills on the highways and on the football field.
J2K

<small>[ October 16, 2002, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Jacket2000 ]</small>

RBMorris21
10-16-2002, 10:50 AM
I respect everything you all have said but I believe he is a key factor or else teams wouldn't be doing the things that Everman did eh? So how bout that punt formation?

evebulldog01
10-16-2002, 10:56 AM
The only reason Everman pinched in was to force you to the outside where you can't out run us Well for the most part you did finally beat our second string D to the endzone. Sawyer is just to slow for a threat. Once you force him to try and make a move other than straight ahead he is in trouble. Oh by the way does anyone know if his father is a profesor at TCU.

bleedgreen
10-16-2002, 05:08 PM
eek! tell me cts, who's going to the playoffs and who's staying home? I'll be the first one to tell you.....Kennedale puts points on the board and if the other team doesn't put up as many as Kennedale, then that's all that matters.

Pudlugger
10-16-2002, 06:04 PM
Even though it flies in the face of conventional wisdom it makes sense in 4th and short situations. You either fake it to the big guy and follow through the hole on a keeper, send him wide to pave the way or give him the ball over your biggest OL. Whatever you do it messes up the defense big time. Some of those big OLs can be pretty quick for 10-15 yards, and if they get into the secondary they can drag a couple of safeties for 10 or 15 more. When I played (back in the Bronze Age) we had a center who weighed about 300 lbs and was 5'10 whose center of gravity was low and was so strong he couldn't be tackled by less than three guys. His name was Wymore, but everyone called him "Weigh More". Everyone would count where he was in tackling drill lines to avoid the horrendous possibility of having to tackle him one on one in practice. He was unstoppable inside the 10 yard line. Great for team moral and momemtum too. :D :D

<small>[ October 16, 2002, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Keith7
10-16-2002, 06:32 PM
All the 300 pound people i know are really clumsy and Dont seem too hard to be able to take down..
but i would not want them to fall on me

Keith7
10-16-2002, 06:33 PM
and thats forsure

Kennedale Wildcats
10-16-2002, 07:06 PM
cts76325I... I am new to the board and it appears you have a small hint of sarcasm toward Kennedale. Obviously I am a Kennedale fan. What seems to be the root of your unhappiness.

I was very impressed with your fullback. I thought he was very agile for such a big man. One play in particular he jumped his offensive lineman and ran for ten yards. The box score only had him for 93 yards. That was impressive. However, Castleberry only had 37 total yards and one first down the first half. It looked to me like most of Kennedales starters were not in the game the second half.

You appeared to have a talented team, especially your QB, however this offense is not working for your teams ability. Looks like it's time for a change.

Good luck this week against Diamond Hill. I'm sure you already know that if ya'll win out and Glen Rose loses a game you guys are in. \
Go Get Em!

Keith7
10-16-2002, 07:14 PM
How fast is this dude?

cts_player3
10-16-2002, 07:29 PM
about a 4.9 or 5 flat and hes been time more than once wink

DEChildress17
10-16-2002, 08:56 PM
James is the fastest FAT kid ive ever known or played with on the same team. He brings a load. ANY and EVERY team he gets tackled more than likely its by more than one person. AND all you Kennedale guys......are yall done tellin us how great yall are? Yall beat Everman..Yall beat us....but still yall are the least classiest football team ive ever played against or experienced. Everman killed us to......But they were class and were good winners unlike yall who will talk trash at the drop of a hat....When yall lose in the playoffs it wont be because of lack of talent, it will be because of lack of discipline.

Keith7
10-16-2002, 09:00 PM
They sure werent saying much after we dominated them in scrimmages the past 2 years..

Wildcat2004
10-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Keith7- Either your memory has been lost or you were so far back on the bench you couldnt see the game. Gainesville did not beat Kennedale in last years scrimmage. The score was 1-1.

Keith7
10-16-2002, 09:31 PM
I dont remember the score.. but i know that it was pretty obvious who was winning the scrimmage.. and what about the year before?? I know we out scored yall that year

Wildcat2004
10-16-2002, 09:42 PM
That was before we had our new coach.

cts76325i
10-16-2002, 10:51 PM
ok first of all i might sound like i dislike kennedale but that is wrong of me i dislike number 10 and number 30 they we're classless. thety did have some good guys.. like number 84... i pancaked him once and instead of gettin up talkin trash he went over to his DE and yelled at him for, and i qoute, "why are you letting him through? i just got smoked." he could've reacted like number 30 when i pancaked him and try and start a fight and stupidly get a penalty but he didn't he had some class so i retract what i said about kennedale as a whole... i dislike #10 ANd # 30

Kennedale Wildcats:
cts76325I... I am new to the board and it appears you have a small hint of sarcasm toward Kennedale. Obviously I am a Kennedale fan. What seems to be the root of your unhappiness.

I was very impressed with your fullback. I thought he was very agile for such a big man. One play in particular he jumped his offensive lineman and ran for ten yards. The box score only had him for 93 yards. That was impressive. However, Castleberry only had 37 total yards and one first down the first half. It looked to me like most of Kennedales starters were not in the game the second half.

You appeared to have a talented team, especially your QB, however this offense is not working for your teams ability. Looks like it's time for a change.

Good luck this week against Diamond Hill. I'm sure you already know that if ya'll win out and Glen Rose loses a game you guys are in. \
Go Get Em!

Kennedale Wildcats
10-17-2002, 05:57 AM
cts76325i you are right on the money... There are a couple of players on the team that need attitude adjustments. We have already had one player kicked out of a game! Him and one other player (I'm not going to talk about a specific player, but it is one that you mentioned)need someone to hit them in the mouth.

The team as a whole seem like a bunch of great kids. I would suspect that almost every team has a couple of kids that at times embarass their program.

I hate it that you will not support another team from your district when we go to the playoffs. It only makes your team look better when a district foe is doing well in the playoffs.

this is the way we ball
10-17-2002, 09:50 AM
DEchildress17 you are the only one talking trash.. You guys from Castleberry got on this board and your only goal has been to bash Kennedale. Let it go. Read the newspaper. There has been a half dozen articles in the star-telegram about the Kennedale team and I haven't read anyones comments that sounded like trash talking. Everman is ranked above Kennedale in every poll, yet I haven't heard anyone from Kennedale complain. If we didn't have any class and we are always patting ourselves on the back, we would be bragging about how great we are.. We know we have had some things go our way, and that's the way the game works. :cool:

WeAreCCB
10-17-2002, 01:26 PM
He ain't nothin but a fat boy. Mike Alstott wannabe.

ThaRealBulldog
10-17-2002, 02:01 PM
All he is, is a fat kid nothing more.

cts_player3
10-17-2002, 03:10 PM
first of all WeAreCCB you couldnt handle him and dont be mad that a person who is 300+ gets the ball and has over 450+yds so just keep your comments to your self and dont get jealous of him

cts_player3
10-17-2002, 03:12 PM
The same for you TheRealBulldog dont get all trash talk happy just because you where to scared to say it first

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-17-2002, 06:20 PM
the bottom line is no one really wants to hit a three hundred pounder. i havent seen this kid play but i'm sure most people think twice about trying to hit this kid helmet to helmet. but all i gotta say is dont be scurred.

bleedgreen
10-17-2002, 07:50 PM
cts, I'm not really taking up for #10 (free safety) and #30 (inside linebacker). Of all the players on any team defense, who do you think has to be the toughest?.......inside linebacker.
Just so happens our free safety is physical too. I think he's one of the best basketball players in district too....even though Everman is ranked 1st in pre-season polls by coaches. He led the team to the finals last year as quarterback but now he's playing more defense in the secondary. #30 is just plain mean....kind of like Lawrence Taylor. You can't let the opponent get in your head. If he does, then you're all messed up and you start playing with unbridled emotion. Yes, #10 and #30 trash talk....don't get sucked in.

cts76325i
10-17-2002, 09:28 PM
bleedgreen:
cts, I'm not really taking up for #10 (free safety) and #30 (inside linebacker). Of all the players on any team defense, who do you think has to be the toughest?.......inside linebacker.
Just so happens our free safety is physical too. I think he's one of the best basketball players in district too....even though Everman is ranked 1st in pre-season polls by coaches. He led the team to the finals last year as quarterback but now he's playing more defense in the secondary. #30 is just plain mean....kind of like Lawrence Taylor. You can't let the opponent get in your head. If he does, then you're all messed up and you start playing with unbridled emotion. Yes, #10 and #30 trash talk....don't get sucked in.i think you do have sum players like rex and number 84 they are good guys but those other guys are not. number 10 can play but number 30 was the easiest guy to pancake ever

cts76325i
10-17-2002, 10:46 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
Id tare that fat boy up, make him go back to fat camp
MLB #51silly silly lil boy he would eat your lunch and then prolley you and then prolley your mother just for a start

ThaRealBulldog
10-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Ill poke him in the stomach and make him go "woohoo"

cts76325i
10-17-2002, 11:00 PM
j/k but i bet he would blow you up

ThaRealBulldog
10-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Naw more like your Michelan Man lookin girl friend, who?? weighs more your mother, the fat running back, or your girls kegger belly. Hey man im done talkin tho, talk all the noise you want peace much love to your fat slow running back

BigT 75
10-17-2002, 11:22 PM
Anybody rememeber The Fridge? EXACTLY.....

DEChildress17
10-17-2002, 11:26 PM
Yeah James is our own version of William "The Refrigerator" Perry. The only difference is James won't ever catch a pass. But no matter what ya'll say about him hes still a hell of a back for how HUGE he is.

this is the way we ball
10-18-2002, 09:04 AM
Bottom line is that he could be really good if he would lose weight and get down to about 265. If he can run a 5.0 at 300, then he would be awesome at 265. It is my observation that the players from Castleberry are too busy talking trash and posting on the Down low at 11:30 at night instead of getting rest for their game the next night. It is a direct sign of their dedication. Less talk, more weights and some dedication to their team is what Castleberry needs.

That is just my opinion.... That's what this board is for. Take it or leave it. :D

DEChildress17
10-18-2002, 09:16 AM
this is the way we ball:
Bottom line is that he could be really good if he would lose weight and get down to about 265. If he can run a 5.0 at 300, then he would be awesome at 265. It is my observation that the players from Castleberry are too busy talking trash and posting on the Down low at 11:30 at night instead of getting rest for their game the next night. It is a direct sign of their dedication. Less talk, more weights and some dedication to their team is what Castleberry needs.

That is just my opinion.... That's what this board is for. Take it or leave it. :D Alright "dude" , i am sick of your BS. You are the one who ALWAYS talks "trash". You just continue to show me how classless the Kennedale program is. Yall have an EXCELLENT program but yall are the worst "sports". Im tired of you cutting down Castleberry ESPESCIALLY whenever we tell you we ARENT talkin trash. ALSO, we lift weights everyday except Fridays and Sundays, so dont sit there and say "all castleberry needs is more weights.." You don't go here, and i guarantee you couldnt hang in our workout, so what you need to do is shut your trap and keep your comments to yourself.

WeAreCCB
10-18-2002, 09:27 AM
CTS, You aren't nothin but a punk. I'm not jealous I'm just sayin he's fat. You are startin mama jokes, so here's one. Your mama is fatter than him. What's up now?

this is the way we ball
10-18-2002, 10:10 AM
DEChildress why are you getting so upset? This board is designed for people to talk about 3A sports. The only way to do that is to give your opinion. You have stated that Kennedale has no class, well that is your opinion. I watched our game against ya'll and it is my opinion that ya'll were weak and undisciplined. No I will not shut my trap! If you can't handle what people think about you and your program, then stop getting on the Down Low. Please defend your program, but don't get upset when someone gives you a rebuttal.

I like talking trash, and if that means that I have no class, then I hate to tell you, but then neither do you. wink

RBMorris21
10-18-2002, 10:36 AM
ooooh, this is the way we ball is a tough guy huh?

RBMorris21
10-18-2002, 10:37 AM
ooooh, "this is the way we ball" is a tough guy huh?
actually u r the one who has been talkin "NOISE" the whole time, we just got sick of it, and since when is talkin crap an opinion?

this is the way we ball
10-18-2002, 11:04 AM
I never said I was a tough guy, but if you say I am that's fine with me. Where's the love? Why are you always after me?

WeAreCCB called your fullback "a fat boy"
TheRealBulldog said "he is a fat kid nothing more"

You didn't say anything to them. I am beginning to think you don't like me. :(

"Since when is talking crap not an opinion"
Here I will give you an example. "YOU SUCK" See it is simply my opinion. I love you guys from Castleberry, please stop picking on me. :D

cts76325i
10-19-2002, 09:27 PM
you know what i am tired of dealing with the likes of you i had to do it a couple of fridays ago because ,like you, a few guys on your team could just bump their gums instead of doing sumthing. i think you should apologize because you are givin kennedale a bad name. for the most part they were good guys. but like they say you got a handful of dog mess and handful of roses what are you gonna smell. i hope this will be the last thing i have to say to you. the game is over. ya'll won. good job. move on

DEChildress17
10-20-2002, 10:34 PM
(This is the Way We Ball).....you are a moron

tigers05
10-21-2002, 08:19 AM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Alright "dude" , i am sick of your BS...QB][/QUOTE]

For once i'm going to agree with someone from castleberry