PDA

View Full Version : iPhones

PPHSfan
01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Now available on Verizon.

I gotta tell you. Ever since I 86'd my Blackberry and switched to iPhone I can't believe I ever thought Blackberrys were good phones. There is no comparison. The new iPhone smokes the Blackberry.

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

I gotta tell you. Ever since I 86'd my Blackberry and switched to iPhone I can't believe I ever thought Blackberrys were good phones. There is no comparison. The new iPhone smokes the Blackberry.

My daughter constantly hangs up on me with hers (at least she blames it on the phone). I have heard that if you hold it a certain way (away from your face) then you don't disconnect as many calls.

slpybear the bullfan
01-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

A huge +1. I have a BB for work, and had two generations of Windows smartphones (samsung blackjack's) before. All are really great devices, but the iPhone 4 does indeed smoke 'em.

Emerson1
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Knock on wood

But I have NEVER had dropped call issues on my iPhone 4.

Pretty much any phone if you jam your hand as hard as you can into the antenna will lose connection.

baseballcoach13
01-26-2011, 09:18 AM
i have had an iphone since the day they came out in 2007. I have never dropped a call....but then again i never talk on it either. i send about 3500 texts a month and may talk 30 minutes.

crzyjournalist03
01-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Since I got my Android on Virgin Mobile, I've had so much better service than I did with ATT. It's no iPhone, but for people looking for a budget phone with all the bells and whistles, I think it's a great alternative.

poisoned10
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
I have owned several Windows Mobile phones (3125, 8125, 8525, Blackjack 1 & 2), BlackBerrys (7290, 8700, Pearl 8125, Curve 8310, Bold 9000 and Torch 9800), iPhone 3G(s) and iPhone 4.

The iPhone 4 was probably my overall favorite device. But my biggest problem with it was typing. I CONSTANTLY had problems with auto-correct and sending the message prematurely when I would try to touch the 'P'. <-INSERT FUNNY JOKE HERE-> It got to the point where I couldn't stand typing on it anymore and sold it to get the BlackBerry Torch. It is touchscreen AND has a slide down keyboard.

Really, the only thing about the BlackBerry that is subpar to the iPhone is the browser and apps.

I am considering getting the iPhone 5 when it comes out and keeping my Torch and just switching out when I get bored with one.

The Mrs. gets mad at me sometimes because I buy and sell my phones after a couple of months.

Ranger Mom
01-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
My daughter constantly hangs up on me with hers (at least she blames it on the phone). I have heard that if you hold it a certain way (away from your face) then you don't disconnect as many calls.

That's what I thought my sis-in-law was doing, come to find out, she was accidentally muting it with her cheek.

I don't have an iphone, but my fat cheek mutes mine all the time too!!:D :D

AP Panther Fan
01-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's what I thought my sis-in-law was doing, come to find out, she was accidentally muting it with her cheek.

I don't have an iphone, but my fat cheek mutes mine all the time too!!:D :D

lol...she does that to me too. Actually, she probably mutes me more often than she disconnects me. I sound pretty silly saying, Are you there? Can you hear me? Helloooo? Hello Cameron? Cameron!!!!!

If she wasn't my daughter, I wouldn't call her....;)

Ernest T Bass
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Is there that much difference between the 4 and the 3Gs?

Emerson1
01-26-2011, 01:11 PM
It would take a large sum of money for me to trade in my 4 for a 3GS. The new screen alone is worth upgrading as soon as you can.