PDA

View Full Version : Ennis HS will become classless!

Ernest T Bass
01-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Jack Alvarez to be recomended as new HC tonight. Happy to have him!
If they beat Waxahachie again and DON'T penguin slide, Im gonna be pissed!

ccmom
01-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
If they beat Waxahachie again and DON'T penguin slide, Im gonna be pissed!

Haha....you are ornery, but that's funny. :clap:

Ernest T Bass
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Haha....you are ornery

Erroneous!!

lostaussie
01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
If they beat Waxahachie again and DON'T penguin slide, Im gonna be pissed! At least that guy from Jasper will be happy:D

Old LB
01-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Whatever happen to the Brownwood guy that coached at Ennis?

Ernest T Bass
01-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Whatever happen to the Brownwood guy that coached at Ennis?

Stepped down last year. He's battling MS.

Old LB
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Stepped down last year. He's battling MS.

That's too bad, I did not know him but thought there was a Brownwood guy there.

BEAST
01-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
That's too bad, I did not know him but thought there was a Brownwood guy there.

Sam Harrell. One of the truely nice guys. A great coach as well. He is in for a long fight. God Bless him.

BEAST

NastySlot
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Sam Harrell. One of the truely nice guys. A great coach as well. He is in for a long fight. God Bless him.

BEAST

anybody from brownwood ever thought of sitting down and doing a Gordon Wood Coaching tree.......of former assistants, sons of assistants, former lions or stamford bulldogs....etc..............it would be really neat to see how much of influence coach Wood had and has still on Texas High School Football.

Old LB
01-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
anybody from brownwood ever thought of sitting down and doing a Gordon Wood Coaching tree.......of former assistants, sons of assistants, former lions or stamford bulldogs....etc..............it would be really neat to see how much of influence coach Wood had and has still on Texas High School Football.

Sounds like a good project for BEAST, I volunteer him. :D

BEAST
01-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot

I am a member of the board for the Gordon Wood Hall of Champions. Its a museum in progress here. I dont have all the names right now off the top of my head but it is HUGE. All the way as high as Darrel Royal, Bum Phillips, and Paul "Bear" Bryant. His influence was far and wide. He changed football in the way it was played much like the spread has done in recent years. His Winged T was something to watch. Not just running out of it.

True story.......
Coach Royal called Coach Wood and was upset that his offense hadnt been able to put many points up or gain many yards or chew up clock. The next season, UT comes out in a Winged T.

Ill do some prowling around.

BEAST

coach
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
i wonder if he is taking his oc with him

JHS_c/o_06'
01-26-2011, 01:44 AM
I'm glad you came around to my point of view.

JasperDog94
02-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
At least that guy from Jasper will be happy:D I know of several guys (and gals) from Jasper that are happy to see him go. :D

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I know of several guys (and gals) from Jasper that are happy to see him go. :D

I bet. They're probably hoping that next head Wildcat can't beat Jasper!

JasperDog94
02-02-2011, 12:04 PM
I bet. They're probably hoping that next head Wildcat can't beat Jasper! I can only speak for myself, but it had absolutely nothing to do with Jasper's win/loss record against Kirbyville. It has everything to do with the way Jack acted toward the Jasper players and fans. Then he had the audacity to apply for the Jasper job on more than one occasion.

I'm glad he not only moved, but that he moved far away. Good riddance. East Texas is better off without him.

Ernest T Bass
02-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I can only speak for myself, but it had absolutely nothing to do with Jasper's win/loss record against Kirbyville. It has everything to do with the way Jack acted toward the Jasper players and fans. Then he had the audacity to apply for the Jasper job on more than one occasion.

I'm glad he not only moved, but that he moved far away. Good riddance. East Texas is better off without him.

Well, luckily, Ellis County folks all wear grown-up panties. So if they kick Waxahachie's ass again, Im sure the Hachie folks will expect some ribbing. I know Ennis folks will if it goes the other way.

JasperDog94
02-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Well, luckily, Ellis County folks all wear grown-up panties. Say what you will, but I would rather have my kid play for a coach that has character than one who acts like Alvarez.

j_dog
02-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Good luck to Alvarez at Ennis! Have a long stay!