PDA

View Full Version : stock tips

jason
01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
anybody have any insight into some good stocks right now ??

got some cash in a money market account that i would like to put to work....

Gsquared
01-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by jason

You should invest in my new venture. I am going to the "Eggbeaters" production plant and buy all the yokes they throw away when they process thier egg whites. Havnt figured out what im gonna do with all those yokes yet but I bet I can get em dirt cheap and turn em for a bit profit somehow.

jason
01-25-2011, 10:55 AM
pass

Gsquared
01-25-2011, 11:10 AM
pass
You suck. You should trust me on this one.

jason
01-25-2011, 11:12 AM
meet me at the spearmint rhino in vegas and we can discuss it....

Gsquared
01-25-2011, 11:15 AM
meet me at the spearmint rhino in vegas and we can discuss it....
Ok but lap dances and pictures of beer are included in your investment with Yokes are Us

MoveInDad
01-25-2011, 11:27 AM

If you like, I'll give you the number for my broker at Dewey, Cheatum & Howe :D

PPHSfan
01-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Jason,

Do like I'm gonna do this year. Take $25,000 that you were gonna lose in the market, and buy a seat at the World Series of Poker. :D

jason
01-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Jason,

Do like I'm gonna do this year. Take $25,000 that you were gonna lose in the market, and buy a seat at the World Series of Poker. :D ha - i wish...

my retirement is in TRS...

the IRA is just $100/month to play with....it's been $100 though since I was 23 so it has slowly but surely gotten bigger...

want a tip ??? http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BNET.OB&ql=0

crzyjournalist03
01-25-2011, 12:45 PM
What kind of investments are you interested in? Long-term, speculative, penny stocks?

jason
01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
What kind of investments are you interested in? Long-term, speculative, penny stocks? yes

BaseballUmp
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Get a large twitter following and do like 50 Cent did this past week.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41041141/ns/business-eye_on_the_economy/

Blastoderm55
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM

What are you earning on your MMA right now and what are you looking to invest? 4, 5 figures? I'd avoid paying fees to someone for you to lose money. Something safer like a higher-yield CD might be good. If you have any revolving debt, you could pay that off too as the interest on that is probably higher than any return you could expect through investment.

raider red 2000
01-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
What are you earning on your MMA right now and what are you looking to invest? 4, 5 figures? I'd avoid paying fees to someone for you to lose money. Something safer like a higher-yield CD might be good. If you have any revolving debt, you could pay that off too as the interest on that is probably higher than any return you could expect through investment.

if you have some debt pay it off.

i like to listen to dave ramsey.....some of the "smart" people say his stuff is dumb. i like it though....it makes sence to me.

wildstangs
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
if you have some debt pay it off.

i like to listen to dave ramsey.....some of the "smart" people say his stuff is dumb. i like it though....it makes sence to me.

Me too. My wife and I have sort-of gotten serious about it. Sold my truck (actually paid Carmax a little to take if off our hands) and paid off the credit card. We share a car, which gets tricky at times, but we are almost going on a year now with one vehicle so it is common. Dave's thoughts are good ideas, but some habits are difficult to shake, i.e. eating out, trips, cable tv.