PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever have this happen?

BaseballUmp
01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm watching the Notre Dame/Pitt basketball game and a kid for ND has the same name as myself...sounds weird hearing announcers call your name haha

eagles_victory
01-24-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I'm watching the Notre Dame/Pitt basketball game and a kid for ND has the same name as myself...sounds weird hearing announcers call your name haha They have a guy named Baseballump?

BaseballUmp
01-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Yea, a white boy making 3's out there named BaseballUmp

bobcat1
01-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Come on now........

Ranger Mom
01-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They have a guy named Baseballump?

That made me laugh!!!:D

sotex
01-24-2011, 08:14 PM
It hasn't happened to me during a sporting event but there is a reporter who is on the national news on radio every now and then with the same name as mine. There is also a doctor in Sa Antonio who was on the news a few weeks ago with the same name.

Tin Cup
01-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I had a guy with my exact name add me on facebook. I was so ticked lol

bobcat4life
01-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
I had a guy with my exact name add me on facebook. I was so ticked lol I added someone with the same name as me on Facebook lol

Tin Cup
01-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I added someone with the same name as me on Facebook lol

Is your name fairly common? I honestly thought I was the only person on the planet with my name

BaseballUmp
01-24-2011, 08:29 PM
My junior year playing Navasota in the playoffs in baseball, they had a centerfielder with the same name as me.
Seemed like "first name, last name" batted every inning haha

bobcat4life
01-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Is your name fairly common? I honestly thought I was the only person on the planet with my name Not really. Ive met a few people with the same first name and 1 with the same last name (not including family)

rangerjim60
01-24-2011, 08:37 PM
BaseballUmp - had your situation in reverse. Was a kid playing safety for Alabama - I'm an oversized white guy - he was a very fast athletic black kid.

runtowin
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
There is a popular successful bull rider with my name. I even got a phone call someone wanted to buy his boots

Tin Cup
01-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
There is a popular successful bull rider with my name. I even got a phone call someone wanted to buy his boots

Get some old boots and sell em lol

bobcat1
01-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Is your name fairly common? I honestly thought I was the only person on the planet with my name Tin Cup is pretty Unique. i've only seen it once in the movies and even then it was just a nick name.:p

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Happened to me once while coaching a JV game. Called out a kid's name, and it was identical to mine. My kids got a huge kick out of it. Strange thing is, my name is not common AT ALL. Infact, Ive never met someone with my last name that I wasn't related to, nor has anyone else that I know....other than this one time.

PPHSfan
01-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Wanna have some fun Google [your name] was arrested for.

BaseballUmp
01-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Wanna have some fun Google [your name] was arrested for.

Haha, not sure I wanna do that actually...

LH Panther Mom
01-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Is your name fairly common?
I think it's "bobcat4life", not "fairly common". :p

There's a (maybe retired) pro basketball player with the same name as my stepson. :)

poisoned10
01-25-2011, 02:16 AM
There's not too many people with the 1st name of Wesley, much less people with the 1st name Wesley AND last name Yazell.

I'm fairly confident I'm the only one that exists.

BaseballUmp
01-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
There's not too many people with the 1st name of Wesley, much less people with the 1st name Wesley AND last name Yazell.

http://www.collinsbowling.com/news/27thannualusbcyouthtournamentalleventsresults.html
You a bowler???

poisoned10
01-25-2011, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
http://www.collinsbowling.com/news/27thannualusbcyouthtournamentalleventsresults.html
You a bowler???

Not at all.

Weird.

GrTigers6
01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
There was a movie, I cant remember the name, in which my name was the name of the serial killer. It was kinda creepy :D

Ranger Mom
01-25-2011, 09:51 AM
I was amazed to find out how many people spell Kellye like I do!!

I put my first and last name in on facebook and was surprised how many people it brought up with the exact same name.

I guess I'm not as unique as I thought I was!!:(

poisoned10
01-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I work with a girl who spells her name just like that.

BEAST
01-25-2011, 09:59 AM

I know at least 4 Wesleys off the top of my head. I also know some Yazells. But I dont believe any of the Yazells are Wesleys.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
01-25-2011, 09:59 AM
I work with a girl who spells her name just like that.

When I was growing up I didn't know of anyone who spelled their name like that. When I moved to Greenwood, there were 3 of us who did!! So, it's not nearly as uncommon as I thought!!

ccmom
01-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Up until the last couple of years, I had only met 2 other people in my entire life with the same first name as mine. The odd thing is that BOTH of those girls were in my high school graduating class.

Ranger Mom
01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Up until the last couple of years, I had only met 2 other people in my entire life with the same first name as mine. The odd thing is that BOTH of those girls were in my high school graduating class.

You are the only one I have met with that name!!

GrTigers6
01-25-2011, 10:38 AM

I put my first and last name in on facebook and was surprised how many people it brought up with the exact same name.

I guess I'm not as unique as I thought I was!!:( Hell, I just thought you couldnt spell. :D

ccmom
01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
You are the only one I have met with that name!!

That's what most people tell me, so it was odd that there were 3 in my graduating class. Maybe they all came up with it at a party in the 70s? LOL :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2011, 06:17 PM

I guess I'm not as unique as I thought I was!!:(

One of my best friends in high has your first and last name. She spells hers Kelly though. What is your middle name?

poisoned10
01-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I know at least 4 Wesleys off the top of my head. I also know some Yazells. But I dont believe any of the Yazells are Wesleys.

BEAST

I believe I've only met 4 or 5 others named Wesley.

Who are the Yazell's that you know? My grandparents and some others lived in Brownwood several years ago. Some might still live there.

big daddy russ
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Rusty Smith-QB, Florida Atlantic and Tennessee Titans

mwynn05
01-25-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Rusty Smith-QB, Florida Atlantic and Tennessee Titans jason and 3a fan's dog's name.... pretty awesome dog when i met him too