PDA

View Full Version : Leupold scopes

MUSTANG69
01-24-2011, 02:59 PM
My wife just bought me another rifle. Remington 700 BDL 270. I love these guns. I only use Leupold scopes. I would like the opinion of the DownLow gun afficionados about the best Leupold scope for this gun.

bobcat1
01-24-2011, 04:50 PM
I'd get a 3x9x50mm vari x II matte finish. Bigger diameter lets in more light.

AP Panther Fan
01-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
My wife just bought me another rifle.

Why? :D

MUSTANG69
01-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Why? :D

She likes me!:D
If you don't believe me you can ask her at the Chamber banquet this Friday.

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2011, 05:13 PM

I will! We have another comedian this year...where ya sitting? hahahaha:evillol: :evillol:

44INAROW
01-25-2011, 05:42 PM
funny you mentioned the Chamber banquet - ours is tonight - we're having it at Crabman's (and his wife and another couple) newest venture The Venue on Church Street -

http://www.thevenueonchurchstreet.com/gallery.html

We switched from the Banquet style a couple years ago and do a 6-7 social hour and 7-8 awards presentation. heavy finger foods (roast beef sandwiches, etc) the attendance has been 50% increase..

AP Panther Fan
01-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
funny you mentioned the Chamber banquet - ours is tonight - we're having it at Crabman's (and his wife and another couple) newest venture The Venue on Church Street -

http://www.thevenueonchurchstreet.com/gallery.html

We switched from the Banquet style a couple years ago and do a 6-7 social hour and 7-8 awards presentation. heavy finger foods (roast beef sandwiches, etc) the attendance has been 50% increase..

Ours is a pretty big deal....Mustang69...would you say 4-5 hundred in attendance?

6-7 social hour and silent auction (lots of cool stuff to bid on)

7- 11 or so ... awards, comedian, live auction, live entertainment (Jason Suthern Band)

It is a fun evening. Hope the Cuero Banquet is a success.

MUSTANG69
01-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Ours is a pretty big deal....Mustang69...would you say 4-5 hundred in attendance?

6-7 social hour and silent auction (lots of cool stuff to bid on)

7- 11 or so ... awards, comedian, live auction, live entertainment (Jason Suthern Band)

It is a fun evening. Hope the Cuero Banquet is a success.

Yes, the AP Chamber banquet is pretty big. I heard the comedian is the same guy from 2 years ago. He was pretty funny. I don't know where our table is located this year. Probably up front again. I'll probably get picked on again by the comedian. Oh well, it is all in fun and for a good cause.

sinton66
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
I've had a Remington 700 BDL 270 since about 1971. Put a Weaver K4 on it and have never even wished for anything else. I had a gunsmith friend mount the scope and bore sight it for me. Took it to the range and it took five rounds to fine tune and put it dead on the money and have never touched it since then. This 270 is the flattest trajectory of any factory gun model. It will place rounds straight down the middle of the target and shoots 2 inches high at 100 yards, dead on at 200 yards and 2 inches low at 300 yards. Don't think I could ask for anything better than that.

MUSTANG69
01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I've had a Remington 700 BDL 270 since about 1971. Put a Weaver K4 on it and have never even wished for anything else. I had a gunsmith friend mount the scope and bore sight it for me. Took it to the range and it took five rounds to fine tune and put it dead on the money and have never touched it since then. This 270 is the flattest trajectory of any factory gun model. It will place rounds straight down the middle of the target and shoots 2 inches high at 100 yards, dead on at 200 yards and 2 inches low at 300 yards. Don't think I could ask for anything better than that.

This is my third 700 BDL 270. I consider it the best all around rifle for South Texas hunting. I swear by Leupold scopes so that is what I will go with. I just don't know which scope to choose yet. That will depend on how much cash I can sneak into my pocket without my wife finding out.:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Really depends on how much glass you really need? How far are you looking to reach out and touch something? Can't go with Leupold, period. I just put a Mark AR on my AR and for the money is the best scope I've ever used.

MUSTANG69
02-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Really depends on how much glass you really need? How far are you looking to reach out and touch something? Can't go with Leupold, period. I just put a Mark AR on my AR and for the money is the best scope I've ever used.

I could possibly have a shot up to 400 yds. That is one reason I like the Leupold scopes. Their light gathering ability in low sunlight is very good. Also, I wear tri-focal glasses. I seem to be able to focus quicker with Leupold scopes.

lostaussie
02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
My wife just bought me another rifle. Remington 700 BDL 270. I love these guns. I only use Leupold scopes. I would like the opinion of the DownLow gun afficionados about the best Leupold scope for this gun. I also shoot a Rmington .270. mine is rigged with a Nikon Monarch 6x24x50 BDC. Gun will consistently kill at 400 yds. Need any more info you let me know. The bullet drop compensation is the only way to go if you want to shoot long range.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I also shoot a Rmington .270. mine is rigged with a Nikon Monarch 6x24x50 BDC. Gun will consistently kill at 400 yds. Need any more info you let me know. The bullet drop compensation is the only way to go if you want to shoot long range.

That's an excellent scope as well, really a Chevy or Ford argument for me. Definitely go with 50 tube, going to let so much more light in than a 40.

MUSTANG69
02-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Bought a Leupold 3x9x50 VX2.:D

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Bought a Leupold 3x9x50 VX2.:D

I hope you bought her something EQUALLY as nice for Valentine's Day.

Spill it.....

;)

MUSTANG69
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
I hope you bought her something EQUALLY as nice for Valentine's Day.

Spill it.....

;)

I took her shopping in C.C. yesterday and let her buy a new gun safe.:D

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I took her shopping in C.C. yesterday and let her buy a new gun safe.:D

Just for that, I am going to drop off Silpada and James Avery catalogs at your house......numerous things in there that will make her feel better about that gun safe!

Get out your checkbook, my friend!:D

MUSTANG69
02-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Just for that, I am going to drop off Silpada and James Avery catalogs at your house......numerous things in there that will make her feel better about that gun safe!

Get out your checkbook, my friend!:D

I think she already has those. I think they are kept with the King Ranch Saddle Shop catalog.:(

AP Panther Fan
02-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I think she already has those. I think they are kept with the King Ranch Saddle Shop catalog.:(

EXACTLY where I keep mine! She is so smart! I like her!

:D