PDA

View Full Version : Jay Cutler---Coward or Casualty?

Bullaholic
01-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Do you think Jay Cutler was hurt badly enough to prevent his return to the game?

Jay Cutler Criticism (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/01/23/packers.bears/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin)

Saggy Aggie
01-24-2011, 02:04 PM
From what I understood, it was the coaches' decision, not his. :thinking:

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Tore his MCL. He was done. Probably didn't react in a way I would have liked, but he was done.

Pick6
01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Phillip Rivers played with a torn ACL.

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Yep. It comes down to effectiveness. Are you, the starter, as effective with the injury as the healthy backup?

PPHSfan
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Too bad he didn't go out in first series. The Bears might have won. Lol

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Phillip Rivers played with a torn ACL.

yes he did...the next week..the week Rivers tore it he was out the 4th Q...the team had time to find a brace and make sure he could play

here is the other fact of that game..Rivers was TERRIBLE had a 46 QB rating..toughness is great, but sometimes it is stupid

kaorder1999
01-24-2011, 02:18 PM
MCL Sprain...not tear...Lovie SMith just confirmed that

bobcat1
01-24-2011, 02:33 PM
I can see it if you can't plant and throw. If he would have stayed in the locker room or dressed in street clothes there wouldn't have been speculation. To the masses they did not even see ice applied. I played with a tear but I sure wasn't as effective and only made it 3 quarters and it wasn't in the NFC Championship game. Nor was it today, it was in the early 70's and a lot of things were different then.

Bullaholic
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I can see it if you can't plant and throw. If he would have stayed in the locker room or dressed in street clothes there wouldn't have been speculation. To the masses they did not even see ice applied. I played with a tear but I sure wasn't as effective and only made it 3 quarters and it wasn't in the NFC Championship game. Nor was it today, it was in the early 70's and a lot of things were different then.

Yep--they couldn't play night games then and everyone rode horses, buggies, and wagons to the games...:D

bobcat1
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep--they couldn't play night games then and everyone rode horses, buggies, and wagons to the games...:D At least we had face guards unlike your team.:D

Pick6
01-24-2011, 02:41 PM
At least we had face guards unlike your team.:D

:clap: :clap:

bobcat1
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep--they couldn't play night games then and everyone rode horses, buggies, and wagons to the games...:D You could have my team confused with the last time Brownwood won state too.:p

Bullaholic
01-24-2011, 02:45 PM
At least we had face guards unlike your team.:D

Never knew anybody from Celina who needed their face guarded...:D

BwdLion73
01-24-2011, 02:54 PM
You could have my team confused with the last time Brownwood won state too.:p

:p

crzyjournalist03
01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
I just hope they at least entertain the idea of giving a shot to Hanie next year.

And Todd Collins should be gone. Period.

dirtysouth
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Well Maybe they just arent who we thought they were!?!

rholl
01-24-2011, 04:02 PM
could care less about Cutler....but all this mess about him staying outta game with knee injury.......where is criticism of Pittsburgh center who went out of game.....I mean....I hear all these ex NFLers saying they would have had to drag them off the field in reference to Cutler but the center for Pittsburgh gets free pass.
and did I really hear that Deon Sanders was criticizing Cutlers toughness???? Deon "olayed" so many tackles it aint funny!!!

lulu
01-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yes he did...the next week..the week Rivers tore it he was out the 4th Q...the team had time to find a brace and make sure he could play

here is the other fact of that game..Rivers was TERRIBLE had a 46 QB rating..toughness is great, but sometimes it is stupid

+1 on that

TheDOCTORdre
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

And Todd Collins should be gone. Period.

Todd Collins is a joke...Cutler with an amputated leg would have been more effective than Collins

Pick6
01-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by rholl

and did I really hear that Deon Sanders was criticizing Cutlers toughness???? Deon "olayed" so many tackles it aint funny!!!

That's more myth than fact. Deion admitted he didn't like to tackle, but he would if he had to.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by rholl
could care less about Cutler....but all this mess about him staying outta game with knee injury.......where is criticism of Pittsburgh center who went out of game.....I mean....I hear all these ex NFLers saying they would have had to drag them off the field in reference to Cutler but the center for Pittsburgh gets free pass.

"One time a running back ran a sweep toward him, and Deion dove half-hearted into the turf," says Case. "We're watching film the next day, razzing him pretty good. As serious as could be, he said, 'I saw that dude coming and I had to make a business decision.'"

"Boys Will Be Boys" - Jeff Pearlman

crzyjournalist03
01-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
That's more myth than fact. Deion admitted he didn't like to tackle, but he would if he had to.

But why would you believe something that a public figure like Sanders were to say? Just because he said he didn't like to tackle didn't mean that he actually didn't like to tackle!

Haven't you learned anything from Farmersfan yet?

Sweetwater Red
01-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I haven't read this thread. But, I did just get home from work where I listened to ESPN
Radio for 9 hours. They talked about Cutler for about 90% of it. The general consensus was
his awful body language and poor facial features are his down fall.

He got the crybaby reputation early on when he was in Denver and it's just snowballed from
there. IMO

rangerjim60
01-24-2011, 08:43 PM
He was the most sacked quarterback in the NFL this year. I don't question his toughness. You play football from a kid for a chance to get where he was. I seriously doubt he's gonna wimp out.

Farmersfan
01-25-2011, 09:25 AM
I think a good barometer of this situation is the number of other players that are speaking out. There seems to have been a lot of reports of other players in the league also questioning Cutlers toughness. If your peers are doing the questioning then there certainly should be some merit to it.

I personally feel that with the amount of money these guys are paid it should not be that easy for one of them to simply walk off the field because they feel like they are ineffective. I agree with Sean Salisbury who said they should have to carry him off the field in the NFC Championship game. The world is upset because Cutler stood on the sideline in a warm blanket without crutches, ice or splint and watched the team lose their chance for a Superbowl. At the very least he should have stayed in the lockerroom where everyone couldn't see he wasn't completely disabled!