PDA

View Full Version : Aggie - SEC Rumors again !!!

RoyceTTU
01-24-2011, 01:51 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/24/am-to-sec-rumors-surface-yet-again/

Do you think there is some legitmacy here or just rumors?

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 02:00 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/Old%20MS%20PAint/2010%20MSPAINTS/cfb25.jpg

NastySlot
01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
the horn network is not good for the conference as a whole....which is a joke.

I would see Missouri testing the waters sooner than the Aggies.

And OU could leave just as easy............I still can't figure out why it was important for the big xii to stay together.

Texas will have ended up killing two conferences..........and with this tv deal...I could see others looking for their share ...Ohio State, Alabama etc.

The aggies have no one to blame but themselves for where they are.....had a chance to leave...stayed....had a chance at a share in the bevo network...wanted more.

Phil C
01-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Just do what you want to do Aggies and don't be so wishy washy and if you go Bye Bye!

NastySlot
01-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Just do what you want to do Aggies and don't be so wishy washy and if you go Bye Bye!

thats what I say..........Aggies and Missouri and the others.

I respect Nebraska and Colorado..........even Arkansas for not sitting around belly aching.

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2011, 02:22 PM
People act like UT blindsided the rest of the Big 12 with the network..it has been in the works for a long time now and not a secret

NastySlot
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
People act like UT blindsided the rest of the Big 12 with the network..it has been in the works for a long time now and not a secret

exactly....... hey how do you think it will do....Texas is going to get their money....but I just don't see how it would get much interest ( the network). one or two ooc football games will grab the attention of a few but I just don't see that many tuning in to watch volleyball,,lectures concerts etc..............what have you heard about programing.

imo the average horn fan is only a big time fan during football and a decent basketball season (for that matter most college fans)...........I really think the big xii /texas or whoever messed up by not promoting a conference channel like the big 10 channel....which shows all schools and numerous sports which peak interest..........football, basketball and wrestling.

the horn network i just don't see grabing a lot of viewers

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
exactly....... hey how do you think it will do....Texas is going to get their money....but I just don't see how it would get much interest ( the network). one or two ooc football games will grab the attention of a few but I just don't see that many tuning in to watch volleyball,,lectures concerts etc..............what have you heard about programing.

imo the average horn fan is only a big time fan during football and a decent basketball season (for that matter most college fans)...........I really think the big xii /texas or whoever messed up by not promoting a conference channel like the big 10 channel....which shows all schools and numerous sports which peak interest..........football, basketball and wrestling.

the horn network i just don't see grabing a lot of viewers

first off..ratings are not important to a cable channel..2nd..As I said in another thread, people are discounting to the Classic content Texas can now show..69 battle agianst Arkansas, 70 Cotton Bowl etc, etc...plus classic interviews, where are they now shows and so on..that is all ESPN CLASSIC is, it gets low ratings, but has a niche

think about UT network having shows such as Top 10 UT QBS..Top 10 UT bowl games..Top 10 UT football moments etc, etc

Also I agree about fans being football junkies, and bball when good..BUT that football junkie craze can carry a station for a year. IF the channel gets 95-99% of their ad book sold from July-December, the rest of the year has been paid for in spades.

Also Texas does have a solid baseball following

NastySlot
01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
first off..ratings are not important to a cable channel..2nd..As I said in another thread, people are discounting to the Classic content Texas can now show..69 battle agianst Arkansas, 70 Cotton Bowl etc, etc...plus classic interviews, where are they now shows and so on..that is all ESPN CLASSIC is, it gets low ratings, but has a niche

think about UT network having shows such as Top 10 UT QBS..Top 10 UT bowl games..Top 10 UT football moments etc, etc

Also I agree about fans being football junkies, and bball when good..BUT that football junkie craze can carry a station for a year. IF the channel gets 95-99% of their ad book sold from July-December, the rest of the year has been paid for in spades.

what really catches my interest is the possibility of showing high school football games......which maybe spills over to basketball/baseball/track and field.......sure the uil would really be interesed in this network.

RoyceTTU
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm almost ready to see it all disolve. It's almost like everyone is jockeying around for the good spots while the 12-2 is lingering around watching everyone position themselves for the future.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Big 12 is headed for mediocrity, and that really hoovers because the 12 was one of prime bowl conferences.

Pendragon13
01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm almost ready to see it all disolve. It's almost like everyone is jockeying around for the good spots while the 12-2 is lingering around watching everyone position themselves for the future.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Big 12 is headed for mediocrity, and that really hoovers because the 12 was one of prime bowl conferences. The problem with the Big 12 has never been with the level of competition or lack of prestigious schools...but rather tv money. Specifically, too many schools sharing the same tv markets, and others being in smaller markets that don't generate the kind of viewership numbers to support a Big 12 network.

TheDOCTORdre
01-24-2011, 04:21 PM
THey should have a reality show following Mack on the recruiting trail

oldtownag
01-24-2011, 06:45 PM

All that content cost money. I don't know the details of the ESPN deal but I have a hard time believing that a 100% tu sports channel is viable. After all ESPN recently stopped producing hunting shows because they were not profitable.

P.S. I can't help wonder how internet streaming is going to affect all this in the future as faster service becomes available.

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
All that content cost money. I don't know the details of the ESPN deal but I have a hard time believing that a 100% tu sports channel is viable. After all ESPN recently stopped producing hunting shows because they were not profitable.

P.S. I can't help wonder how internet streaming is going to affect all this in the future as faster service becomes available.

While the content cost money, UT already films most of their secondary sports. Now it will just be on a national network.

ESPN is basically paying up front for the cost of production and will get pretty much 100% ad rate..sports like baseball, V-Ball, softball will play alot better than people think.

RoyceTTU
01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag

Internet streaming is alive and well. You can watch whatever you want just about whenever you want. Some of it is illegal so I would never partake in anything of a sorts:doh: but it's out there:D

Movie Rental places are taking the first hit of this movement, cable companies will be right behind them.