PDA

View Full Version : UT knocks off #2

DDBooger
01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Texas 74
Kansas 63

eagles_victory
01-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Looked good doing it. It is a bit of a stretch but this team could run the table in the Big 12.

Yoe_09
01-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Texas 74
Kansas 63

Impressive win. This was only the 2nd top 25 team Kansas has played this season.

Yoe_09
01-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Looked good doing it. It is a bit of a stretch but this team could run the table in the Big 12.

They have a good chance of doing it. The toughest game they have left on the schedule is a trip to A&M.

coach
01-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
They have a good chance of doing it. The toughest game they have left on the schedule is a trip to A&M.

they still have to play baylor twice, a good mizzouri team, and kansas state

k state is down but they can still easily hang with anyone.

and baylor will be tough to beat at home

NastySlot
01-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by coach
they still have to play baylor twice, a good mizzouri team, and kansas state

k state is down but they can still easily hang with anyone.

and baylor will be tough to beat at home

i agree...if i were a horn fan i would be worried about baylor and k-state two very talented teams that haven't lived up to expectations......could get it going at anytime. k-state always seems to give the horns problems...no matter the sport.

where do the horns have missouri at?

coach
01-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i agree...if i were a horn fan i would be worried about baylor and k-state two very talented teams that haven't lived up to expectations......could get it going at anytime. k-state always seems to give the horns problems...no matter the sport.

where do the horns have missouri at?

at the drum i believe

texas looks like an elite 8 team right now.

coach
01-22-2011, 07:22 PM
the state of texas owned the state of kansas today

eagleqb_14
01-22-2011, 07:25 PM
The eyes of Texas are upon you

coach
01-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
The eyes of Texas are upon you

That is the song we sing so well...

NastySlot
01-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by coach
That is the song we sing so well...

sounds like h3ll

Good Wins for the horns and aggies today.......wow is the state of texas becoming a basketball mecca?

eagles_victory
01-22-2011, 07:59 PM
No way Kansas St has the talent to come into Austin and win.

NastySlot
01-22-2011, 08:13 PM

you re probably right ...........but there is always a but......the last time k-state came to austin.......they left with a huge win snapping a long home game winning streak for the horns..................texas imo is the best team in conference.....but it's basketball....and off night by one or two guys makes you an average team.

eagles_victory
01-22-2011, 08:16 PM
you re probably right ...........but there is always a but......the last time k-state came to austin.......they left with a huge win snapping a long home game winning streak for the horns..................texas imo is the best team in conference.....but it's basketball....and off night by one or two guys makes you an average team. This is a different Texas team Damien James being gone is a big part of it I believe. Also Tristian Thompson makes the defense so good because he is so long he can make up for mistakes by blocking shots.

zebrablue2
01-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Texas 74
Kansas 63

:clap:

ogg
01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Texas 74
Kansas 63

Hook'em!!!

navscanmaster
01-23-2011, 09:35 PM
I was shocked, even though I know the Horns are good and getting better. Funny little trivia....the last two teams to beat Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse are Texas A&M (2007) and Texas (2011).

NastySlot
01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
good read http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/college_sports/longhorns/article/What-a-difference-a-year-makes-for-Texas-973475.php

NastySlot
03-01-2011, 11:26 AM

K-State and Baylor are imo opinion are the two most talented teams in the big xii.............looks like K-State has finally figured it out and they are starting to use that talent and work as a team...............Baylor still has time to right the ship.

side note.............K-State seems to have the horns number in all sports they give the horns more fits in football, basketball and even baseball.........more so than any other team.

NastySlot
03-01-2011, 11:39 AM
"Kansas State has won three straight at the Erwin Center in a five-season period."

from the AAS

NastySlot
03-01-2011, 01:39 PM
no one? no comments? ok.

zebrablue2
03-01-2011, 05:06 PM

:eek:

SintonFan
03-01-2011, 11:36 PM
"Kansas State has won three straight at the Erwin Center in a five-season period."

from the AAS

And Kansas?

eagles_victory
03-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Starting to look bad on Rickey that this keeps happening under his watch.

big daddy russ
03-02-2011, 01:08 AM
IMO, they're the best team in the Big XII. Have (well, had) more losses than Kansas, but there's not a lot about this team I don't like. Could maybe be a bit bigger, but it's not like the undersized posts they field are scrubs.

I really like this team.

NastySlot
03-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
IMO, they're the best team in the Big XII. Have (well, had) more losses than Kansas, but there's not a lot about this team I don't like. Could maybe be a bit bigger, but it's not like the undersized posts they field are scrubs.

I really like this team.

I agree with you...Texas might have the best TEAM.......talent is really good but young. I just feel the talent at K-State and Baylor is better.

It's not easy running the table and/or winning a conference title.

theville
03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I heard that Baylor got the #1 Recruit out of North Carolina? Can any confirm that?

I find it funny that that student athlete from NC will not go to Duke or North Carolina but go to Baylor...........fishy.