PDA

View Full Version : To The Burnet Bulldogs and Their Fans

Swarm 51
09-07-2002, 07:22 PM
Congratulations to the Burnet Bulldogs. You deserved the win over the Hornets last night. You are definitely for real. Keep up the good work. From me, an avid Hornet fan, there is no complaining, no whining and no excuses for our loss. Well, perhaps one in that some of our defensive players did not perform in the way they are capable, but that does not mean the Hornets would have won the game. You played flawlessly and with the desire to win. You have the potential to go all the way and with my complete support on the road to your ultimate goal, the state championship.

Chris Hart
09-07-2002, 07:41 PM
Swarm51, You show alot of class.I think the game was closer than the score indicates.Their were 2 great offenses and 2 defenses that need alot of work.The Hornets will be just fine.Yall have a quality program, and I was impressed by all of your fans that made the trip.Burnet has had a GREAT following for years, and we pride ourselves on it, and apparently it's the same way in Gatesville.Yall will make some noise this year, hang in there.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Swarm 51
09-07-2002, 11:51 PM
Thanks, Chris. There is no doubt in my mind the Hornets will bounce back. I thought the offense showed true character when they came back and scored after being down by 3 TDs. And, I know some of the Hornet defensive guys realize they did not give it their all and am sure they will come back with an all-out effort next week against Cameron. Who knows, we may meet again when play-off time rolls around. The Hornets and the Dawgs must stay focused and take one game at a time. Best of luck against Killeen Shoemaker.

beefy
09-08-2002, 10:10 PM
the gatesville hornets are a quality football team. i really like their ball control offensive philosophy. however, i do feel they will need to explore some more passing threats in order to pull themselves back into games if they find themselves trailing. once again, i give alot of credit to the kids and coaching staff at gatesville. i thought they played as hard as they could. the two teams gathered and prayed together at the end of the game. if only more adults would follow that lead, we would all enjoy life a little more.....

Chris Hart
09-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Wasn't it great how they mentioned that prayer oppurtunities at football games was taken away, but implied to use this moment of silence to pray over the P.A. mic. I'll get off this subject, but they should allow it anyway.There you go, that was free!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Swarm 51
09-09-2002, 12:04 AM
Beefy, the Hornets passing game was somewhat limited after the first quarter as our Q/B received a bruise to his upper left arm/shoulder area. That is not his passing arm, but he was having trouble lifting it for the passing game. He is fine now. We expect the Horners to bounce back this week.
Also, Chris, the Hornet team alway assembles for prayer at mid-field after a game. Have seen only two teams in the past three years that refused to meet with them. Needless to say, those two teams were not class-act teams. And, their lack of discipline on the playing field proved just that. Is such a shame that our Supreme Court allowed one person to take away our God give privilege of public prayers. At least we still have the honor of listening to the Star Spangled Banner and paying homage to our great flag.