PDA

View Full Version : Fedora

ag4
01-21-2011, 04:42 PM
FEDORA-TEMPLE? JUST SAW IN TEMPLE PAPER.

bigwood33
01-21-2011, 05:00 PM
The article on the website says he is a finalist.
http://www.tdtnews.com/story/2011/01/21/71888/
It also says that the Daingerfield coach was a finalist but pulled his name saying that he was staying in ET. I read that he is also a finalist for the Paris job. I am not saying that I know anything but I I can connect the dots.

Yoe_09
01-21-2011, 11:55 PM
The finalists are Cameron Yoe head coach Rick Rhoades, Navasota head coach Lee Fedora, Bastrop head coach Gerald Perry and Abilene Cooper head coach Michael Spradlin.

I think that Rhoades is probably going to be the favorite over Fedora. I am not sure about the Bastrop or Abilene Cooper coaches. If presented with an offer, I see him taking it.

Yoe_09
01-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Here is also an article from KMIL(Cameron): KMIL (http://kmil.com/story.php?id=13732)

87 TIGER
01-22-2011, 05:14 PM
YOE_09 I thought you said rhodes did not apply, now you have him as a front runner. I thought you were in the Know over there

Ernest T Bass
01-22-2011, 05:18 PM
The guy from Daingerfield has put in for damned near every small school job in Texas and has pulled his name once he became a finalist. I think he's trying to get a raise.

Yoe_09
01-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
YOE_09 I thought you said rhodes did not apply, now you have him as a front runner. I thought you were in the Know over there

No one knew anything besides him. I said the word around town was that he did not apply originally.

I think he is a great coach that is going to be successful wherever he coaches.

Eagle1
01-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
The guy from Daingerfield has put in for damned near every small school job in Texas and has pulled his name once he became a finalist. I think he's trying to get a raise.

You would think this would not sit well with his players, assistants, and the fans should he choose to stay.

Ernest T Bass
01-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Eagle1
You would think this would not sit well with his players, assistants, and the fans should he choose to stay.

Im not sure there are many in DF that have internet access.

BaseballUmp
01-23-2011, 05:46 PM
In a phone interview with KMIL, Rhoades had this to say:

"First of all, I`d just like to say that I`m kind of disappointed that it came out, because I wanted to be the one to tell our kids at Cameron Yoe that I did submit an application to Temple. I`m very happy in Cameron. I love the kids here, and my wife and my family all love Cameron. We`ve all been very very happy here. I`m at a point in my life, where we are about to send 4 kids through college, and it`s something that I`d be foolish not to look into opportunities that would make that be an easier situation. I want the community of Cameron and the kids here to know I love it here, and my wife and I feel like we`re making a difference in the lives of kids. We`re just in a situation in our life, where we`re gonna have a financial strain on putting 4 kids through college, and I`ve gotta look at other opportunities."

lulu
01-23-2011, 07:39 PM

I think you are WRONG!!

Ernest T Bass
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I think you are WRONG!!

About him trying to get a raise?

navscanmaster
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
The finalists are Cameron Yoe head coach Rick Rhoades, Navasota head coach Lee Fedora, Bastrop head coach Gerald Perry and Abilene Cooper head coach Michael Spradlin.

I think that Rhoades is probably going to be the favorite over Fedora. I am not sure about the Bastrop or Abilene Cooper coaches. If presented with an offer, I see him taking it.

Interesting. Spradlin was our HC in Navasota in 97. He was only there for football season, and gone in the spring. Followed Bobby McGallion, now at Silsbee, and preceded Robert Perkins.

It would be hard to lose Fedora, but I wouldn't expect a rising star like him to stay put in 3A.

lulu
01-23-2011, 09:58 PM
About him trying to get a raise? Not saying he might not like a raise just don't think he would take this route to get it. He's a pretty up front guy.

Ernest T Bass
01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Not saying he might not like a raise just don't think he would take this route to get it. He's a pretty up front guy.

Never met him, so I can't say.
He may be trying to get DF to update their Civil War-era facilities. Who knows? Just strange how he's put in for so many gigs just long enough for his name to be publicized, then he pulls out.

ag4
01-23-2011, 10:16 PM
NAVSCANMASTER- I DOUBT FEDORA IS WORRIED ABOUT THE A'S (MOVING UP FROM 3A TO 5A) I THINK HE TURNED DOWN A GOOD 5A - A COUPLE YEARS AGO.

Ernest T Bass
01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ag4
NAVSCANMASTER- I DOUBT FEDORA IS WORRIED ABOUT THE A'S (MOVING UP FROM 3A TO 5A) I THINK HE TURNED DOWN A GOOD 5A - A COUPLE YEARS AGO.

They're all worried about the A's. Might not admit it, but it's there.

lulu
01-24-2011, 12:05 AM
He may be trying to get DF to update their Civil War-era facilities. Who knows? Just strange how he's put in for so many gigs just long enough for his name to be publicized, then he pulls out. From what I understand he has to get to interview in order to find out what they have to offer. I guess if he doesn't like what they offer he says no thanks. I don't believe they put all that information on the table for everyone to see. And each applicants offer might be different. I don't know these things to be the case but it would make sense.
He is a man of upstanding character and will take ALL things into consideration, ie family, community, school as well as salary.

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 07:00 AM
From what I understand he has to get to interview in order to find out what they have to offer. I guess if he doesn't like what they offer he says no thanks. I don't believe they put all that information on the table for everyone to see. And each applicants offer might be different. I don't know these things to be the case but it would make sense.
He is a man of upstanding character and will take ALL things into consideration, ie family, community, school as well as salary.

The finalist list is usually the list of those to be interviewed.

waterboy
01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
He may be trying to get DF to update their Civil War-era facilities. Who knows? Just strange how he's put in for so many gigs just long enough for his name to be publicized, then he pulls out.
Ding! Ding! We have a winner! That is exactly what I've been told. He is considering leaving Daingerfield because the facilities there are atrocious, and he wants the players to have a place to be proud of. With all the revenue the football program has brought in, you'd think that they would at least pour some of that money to improve facilities there. That hasn't been the case, and with the economy as it is there is no way a bond election would pass. I honestly think he is considering leaving because of this and a couple of other reasons (money and family), but he would definitely stay if any progress is made to make the needed improvements. I do know he wants to stay in East Texas if possible.

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Ding! Ding! We have a winner! That is exactly what I've been told. He is considering leaving Daingerfield because the facilities there are atrocious, and he wants the players to have a place to be proud of. With all the revenue the football program has brought in, you'd think that they would at least pour some of that money to improve facilities there. That hasn't been the case, and with the economy as it is there is no way a bond election would pass. I honestly think he is considering leaving because of this and a couple of other reasons (money and family), but he would definitely stay if any progress is made to make the needed improvements. I do know he wants to stay in East Texas if possible.

Football doesn't bring in profit. That's a myth. A good program will break even, but most don't do that.
Rumor is he won't be at DF next year, and it's not exactly willing.
Once again, Ive never met him nor anyone who's worked for or with him. So, I have no idea.

waterboy
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Hmmm....:thinking: .....where does that money go then? I've never been on a school board, and never aspired to, but I always thought a winning football program brought in revenue. I honestly don't know, but suffice it to say, Bowman has said he wants a new field house, and a few other improvements at their school, according to my source who is an alum from DF. I, too, don't think he will be there much longer, especially considering the offers that are being made to him. He may just be looking for the right fit for him, and you can't blame him for that.

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Hmmm....:thinking: .....where does that money go then? I've never been on a school board, and never aspired to, but I always thought a winning football program brought in revenue. I honestly don't know, but suffice it to say, Bowman has said he wants a new field house, and a few other improvements at their school, according to my source who is an alum from DF. I, too, don't think he will be there much longer, especially considering the offers that are being made to him. He may just be looking for the right fit for him, and you can't blame him for that.

A football program costs a great deal of money to run. Usually, much more money than it brings in. A successful program will bring in more money than unsuccessful one, so it may be able to break even. Most don't.

NastySlot
01-24-2011, 10:01 AM
A football program costs a great deal of money to run. Usually, much more money than it brings in. A successful program will bring in more money than unsuccessful one, so it may be able to break even. Most don't.

yeah that little pie has a lot slices cut out of it going to a lot of places................people don't realize the expenses of football.........equipment, officials, insurances etc.

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
yeah that little pie has a lot slices cut out of it going to a lot of places................people don't realize the expenses of football.........equipment, officials, insurances etc.

Transportation, facilities, maintanance, training equipment, playoff stadium fees, etc...
It gets expensive.

Heffelfinger
01-24-2011, 10:28 AM
don't forget salaries.

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
don't forget salaries.

While that doesn't come from athletic budgets....yes.

NastySlot
01-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Heffelfinger
don't forget salaries.

different part of the budget

lulu
01-24-2011, 03:51 PM
The finalist list is usually the list of those to be interviewed.

Good point

lulu
01-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Maybe he will step up to 3A and come work for Poe ...lol. He was here last Fri....not for that though.:D

ag4
01-27-2011, 07:08 PM
JUST SAW IN NAVASOTA EXAMINER WHERE FEDORA WILL NOT BE GOING TO TEMPLE!!!

ag4
01-27-2011, 10:38 PM
HEARING SPRADLIN IS IN AS 1 OF THE FINALIST, AND PROBABLY RHOADES AS THE OTHER.

Ernest T Bass
01-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ag4

That's the word on the street.

Yoe_09
01-27-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by ag4

Yeah. I heard Rhoades was one of the finalist....didnt know about Spradlin.

ag4
01-27-2011, 10:47 PM
HEARD FEDORA WAS NOT REAL INTERESTED WITH JOB AFTER HIS INTERVIEW.

Yoe_09
01-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ag4
HEARD FEDORA WAS NOT REAL INTERESTED WITH JOB AFTER HIS INTERVIEW.

Really...that seems interesting.

ag4
01-27-2011, 10:57 PM
YEA, I THOUGHT SAME THING. NOT SURE IF THAT IS TRUE, JUST SAW IT ON ANOTHER BOARD.

Yoe_09
01-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ag4
YEA, I THOUGHT SAME THING. NOT SURE IF THAT IS TRUE, JUST SAW IT ON ANOTHER BOARD.

Well I'm sure anything is possible. I am pretty sure if Rhoades gets the offer he is going to take the job. If I remember correclty both Rusty Nail or Mart and Lee Fedora of Navasota were both finalist with Rhoades a few years ago.

j_dog
01-27-2011, 11:48 PM
This may already be covered elsewhere, but it appears that Bowman was offered, and accepted the Paris job. So apparently he knew what he was doing all the time.

OldBison75
01-28-2011, 12:07 AM
I am really glad Fedora has decided to stay at Navasota. Great person and great coach.

My sources say Rhodes will get the job if he wants it.

Txbroadcaster
01-28-2011, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
This may already be covered elsewhere, but it appears that Bowman was offered, and accepted the Paris job. So apparently he knew what he was doing all the time.

What I heard was he wanted an East Texas job all along...of course 4 years ago his name was mud and he could only get asst coach jobs

Yoe_09
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I am really glad Fedora has decided to stay at Navasota. Great person and great coach.

My sources say Rhodes will get the job if he wants it.

I have heard the same. Of course according to some people in Temple, Spradlin could have the job if he wants it....so anything could happen.