http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2363/hammernail.jpg

Farmersfan
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
0f the 4 teams left

The highest scoring offense is 9th in the league

The lowest ranked D is also 9th

Just shows as we all say..defense still wins titles

Just curious! Would scoring be UP or DOWN in the playoffs if defense wins championships? :D :D

bobcat1
01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Just curious! Would scoring be UP or DOWN in the playoffs if defense wins championships? :D :D You're getting slow. I expected you much sooner.:stirpot:

Farmersfan
01-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
You're getting slow. I expected you much sooner.:stirpot:

I'm just rattling his chains bobcat1. I also believe defense wins championships! The scoring is up because the playoffs teams are also the best offenses in the league.

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm just rattling his chains bobcat1. I also believe defense wins championships! The scoring is up because the playoffs teams are also the best offenses in the league.

they are? So the 9th, 11th, 13th and 20th offenses are the best?

ccmom
01-21-2011, 04:42 PM

Surely you are just fishing with that statement. :doh:

bobcat1
01-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Wind it up and watch it spin.:D

coach
01-21-2011, 04:51 PM
0f the 4 teams left

The highest scoring offense is 9th in the league

The lowest ranked D is also 9th

Just shows as we all say..defense still wins titles

ill go ahead and say so farmersfan doesnt have too..

of the 4 teams left in the playoffs, none of them have a QB named Tony Romo

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Well, doesn't the defense set up offenses to be successful? I wonder if there are stats anywhere that show how successful a team like the Cowboys were this year whenever the defense created turnovers....

:evil:

TheDOCTORdre
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM

or because the team that are out of the playoffs had mediocre defenses

bobcat1
01-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
or because the team that are out of the playoffs had mediocre defenses http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2363/hammernail.jpg

XtremeCouture
01-21-2011, 07:05 PM
the NFL is unfair. it's clearly obvious that the teams that play in cold weather have "great defenses" and their home field advantage is the only reason they beat dome teams. the falcons were just overrated.

ziggy29
01-21-2011, 08:07 PM
they are? So the 9th, 11th, 13th and 20th offenses are the best?
Probably not, but you also have to look at strength of schedule, particularly defensive strength of a team's own division. One would expect a team in a division with terrible defenses to rate somewhat higher than they "deserve" in total offense, for example, and it's not like the Steelers had to play the Ravens twice.

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
Probably not, but you also have to look at strength of schedule, particularly defensive strength of a team's own division. One would expect a team in a division with terrible defenses to rate somewhat higher than they "deserve" in total offense, for example, and it's not like the Steelers had to play the Ravens twice.

true..except Pitt also played Cincy and Cleveland twice and they had bad defenses

so they played 4 times agianst bad defenses and two times agianst good ones( 3 counting play offs)

Pitt also played teams like Buffalo, Tenn, Oakland, Carolina all below average defenses

bobcat1
01-21-2011, 09:38 PM
true..except Pitt also played Cincy and Cleveland twice and they had bad defenses Say it ain't so Rob Ryan!:eek: