PDA

View Full Version : OU TV Network

RoyceTTU
01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110120_92_B1_TeUies6333

OU looking to follow suit with their own TV contract.

Do you think the Big XII made a mistake and not pushed for their own network instead of letting them all go on their own?

Gsquared
01-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Bet they air the Noodling World Championships

RoyceTTU
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Bet they air the Noodling World Championships

Yeah, i was listening to WBAP this morning and they were talking about the UT channel.

There is only so much UT college sports, and only so much pre-game type material to be aired. They were discussing the possibility of running HS football games on Friday and Saturday as long as it dosn't conflict UT sports. I don't know the legalities but I would think they would have some scheduling problems. It will be interesting to see the airing schedule once it is released.

NastySlot
01-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Yeah, i was listening to WBAP this morning and they were talking about the UT channel.

There is only so much UT college sports, and only so much pre-game type material to be aired. They were discussing the possibility of running HS football games on Friday and Saturday as long as it dosn't conflict UT sports. I don't know the legalities but I would think they would have some scheduling problems. It will be interesting to see the airing schedule once it is released.

I had heard the same earlier.....don't think live games can be shown on fridays...but thursday and saturdays can..........plus I would watch reruns of games played from around the state.

the ut network...supposed to also show other events....like concerts and lectures from what I hear.

It would of been better for there to have been a Big XII channel like the Big X channel............but I really don't think the Big XII makes it much longer.

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2011, 01:59 PM

You forgot one area..classic content

eagles_victory
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM

There is only so much UT college sports, and only so much pre-game type material to be aired. They were discussing the possibility of running HS football games on Friday and Saturday as long as it dosn't conflict UT sports. I don't know the legalities but I would think they would have some scheduling problems. It will be interesting to see the airing schedule once it is released. Look at ESPNU or the Big Ten Network there really isn't enough programming on either one of those channels except for a lot of replays and the same stuff over and over but both of them still make it.

Maroon87
01-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

I know there's a bunch of that laying around....

RoyceTTU
01-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Your right, I guess I didn't really think about all the replay stuff. That would fill a pretty big void.

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Your right, I guess I didn't really think about all the replay stuff. That would fill a pretty big void.

they can also simulcast one of the Austin Sports Radio station shows..that can fill 2-3 hours every M-F

NastySlot
01-21-2011, 02:41 PM
I think a great idea would be to show old games.....I once saw the 69 Arkansas/Texas Big Shootout game .....it was on a PBS channel out of Austin..............games like that would good.

and I know some would laugh...but I'd like to see a replay of the NIT Championship between the horns and NC State...I remember being real young and watching that on a taped delayed.

things like that would be good..........not to mention I'd watch Horn baseball and softball games.