PDA

View Full Version : Women's way of thinking

RoyceTTU
01-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hahaha....same here.

My idea of splurging is occassionally buying a $5.00 bouquet from Walmart and putting it in a vase, plus I have learned which flowers last the longest and buy those. I don't know about y'all, but the fact that I only paid $5.00 for them seems to make me as happy as the flowers do.:D

This talk about buying flowers for ladies made me think of something that happened the other day.

My wife and I were getting ready to go out, and out she came of the closet wearing a new shirt. I said "hey you got a new shirt, I like it", and the response was "Oh, I've had it since last summer when we about to go to Cancun".

I noticed the shirt still had tags on it so I knew it was new. I asked what I thought was a resonable question "did you buy a shirt 9 months ago and just now get around to wearing it?"

With a frown her answer was "I only spent $5 on it" :thinking:
She didn't wear the shirt because it didn't fit her right, which is a whole different subject in it's own.

So my question, is it okay to buy something, even if you don't need it, just because it's a smoaking deal :confused:

BaseballUmp
01-20-2011, 05:38 PM
2 Big Red's for $2 or 1 for 1.49? I don't need 2, but I'm getting them both

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 05:41 PM
For $5 I'd ask why she didn't buy 2! I also refuse to answer on the grounds that it may reduce my fishing purchases.:D

Ranger Mom
01-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
This talk about buying flowers for ladies made me think of something that happened the other day.

My wife and I were getting ready to go out, and out she came of the closet wearing a new shirt. I said "hey you got a new shirt, I like it", and the response was "Oh, I've had it since last summer when we about to go to Cancun".

I noticed the shirt still had tags on it so I knew it was new. I asked what I thought was a resonable question "did you buy a shirt 9 months ago and just now get around to wearing it?"

She didn't wear the shirt because it didn't fit her right, which is a whole different subject in it's own.

So my question, is it okay to buy something, even if you don't need it, just because it's a smoaking deal :confused:

Just because she bought it 9 months ago and is just now wearing it, doesn't mean she didn't need it.

Are you going to honestly say that you ONLY spend money on things that you absolutely NEED?? I don't buy that for one second!!!

I must ask though....if it hadn't of had tags on it, would you have known it was a new shirt?? My husband wouldn't!!:thinking:

MUSTANG69
01-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I know what you are going through. My garage is full of brand new cooking utensils and equipment because "they were a good deal". My wife has duplicate or triplicate of everything in the kitchen. She could equip several restaurants.:thinking:

Ranger Mom
01-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
I know what you are going through. My garage is full of brand new cooking utensils and equipment because "they were a good deal". My wife has duplicate or triplicate of everything in the kitchen. She could equip several restaurants.:thinking:

Hoarder??

AP Panther Fan
01-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69

Let me know if she ever decides to have a yard sale, I hate buying kitchen "stuff" ... probably because I don't enjoy cooking.

Back to bargains, I will buy what I like or need regardless of price...it is just more fun if it is on sale and you can feel good about the purchase.

If I find a good pair of shoes, I then feel compelled to have them in both black and brown. You can NEVER have too many shoes or purses, fyi.:D

ccmom
01-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Just because she bought it 9 months ago and is just now wearing it, doesn't mean she didn't need it.

Are you going to honestly say that you ONLY spend money on things that you absolutely NEED?? I don't buy that for one second!!!

I must ask though....if it hadn't of had tags on it, would you have known it was a new shirt?? My husband wouldn't!!:thinking: You pretty much covered everything I was going to post. :D

ccmom
01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Let me know if she ever decides to have a yard sale, I hate buying kitchen "stuff" ... probably because I don't enjoy cooking.

Back to bargains, I will buy what I like or need regardless of price...it is just more fun if it is on sale and you can feel good about the purchase.

If I find a good pair of shoes, I then feel compelled to have them in both black and brown. You can NEVER have too many shoes or purses, fyi.:D Amen!!! :clap:

I do admit to having a shopping problem. Well...he calls it a problem. I call it a talent! :D

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Amen!!! :clap:

I do admit to having a shopping problem. Well...he calls it a problem. I call it a talent! :D I bet he gets one of these :rolleyes: when he says something. :D

bigwood33
01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
A pearl of wisdom for you all.
A man will pay 2 prices for something that he needs now and a woman will pay half price for something that she isn't sure she will ever use...but might.

garciap77
01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU

........................................[ http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/disco-dance.gif

;)

garciap77
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Amen!!! :clap:

I do admit to having a shopping problem. Well...he calls it a problem. I call it a talent! :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: