PDA

View Full Version : Major brownie points

Gsquared
01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Mrs. Squared went home sick from work today. Being the master of romance that I am, ordered flowers to be delivered to her today. Man, this is gonna buy me ATLEAST one trip to Lowry's Prime Rib with the boys and beers at Two Rows afterwards!

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
That is so thoughtful.:clap: I know my wife likes to be alone when she is sick too. I will remember this sage advice. ;)

44INAROW
01-20-2011, 04:12 PM
I have to agree - I like to be totally left alone when I am sick.. now, I do want someone else to make the run to the store for stuff but other than that - solitude for me :) as long as the TV/DirectTV is working and there is food in the house, I am cool............Oh, The flowers are a nice touch ;)

Bullaholic
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Mrs. Squared went home sick from work today. Being the master of romance that I am, ordered flowers to be delivered to her today. Man, this is gonna buy me ATLEAST one trip to Lowry's Prime Rib with the boys and beers at Two Rows afterwards!

Paid that neighborhood kid $2 to steal a bunch of your other neighbor's pansies, ring your doorbell, and lay em' on the porch again, G2? :D

GrTigers6
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Mrs. Squared went home sick from work today. Being the master of romance that I am, ordered flowers to be delivered to her today. Man, this is gonna buy me ATLEAST one trip to Lowry's Prime Rib with the boys and beers at Two Rows afterwards! SO in other words, you made her get up and answer the door when she was sick and probably asleep and also probably not looking her best. NICE JOB.:D

I bet she liked them anyway

ccmom
01-20-2011, 04:36 PM
That is very sweet. :)

When I got married, I told my husband not to send me flowers anymore. They were a sweet gesture when we were dating and it was HIS money, but now that it's OUR money, I think it's a waste! :D

crzyjournalist03
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
SO in other words, you made her get up and answer the door when she was sick and probably asleep and also probably not looking her best. NICE JOB.:D

I bet she liked them anyway

Here's hoping she wasn't dealing with allergies as the reason she went home....

Gsquared
01-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Second thought, it would have been cheaper for me to just stop by the cemetary on the way home. They give them away free there.

Old LB
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

When I got married, I told my husband not to send me flowers anymore. They were a sweet gesture when we were dating and it was HIS money, but now that it's OUR money, I think it's a waste! :D

On another thread earlier I posed the question, what is truth, really.

I have found it. :D

lulu
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM

When I got married, I told my husband not to send me flowers anymore. They were a sweet gesture when we were dating and it was HIS money, but now that it's OUR money, I think it's a waste! :D Girl...great minds run in the same channels. My feeligs exactly.:cool:

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Second thought, it would have been cheaper for me to just stop by the cemetary on the way home. They give them away free there. :tisk: :tisk: They are free as long as you don't get caught.:D

Ranger Mom
01-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Girl...great minds run in the same channels. My feeligs exactly.:cool:

I didn't even want them when we were dating!!

Everyone who knows me knows NOT to send me flowers that are just going to shrivel up and die!!

At least give me a potted plant that I can kill myself!!!!

AP Panther Fan
01-20-2011, 05:29 PM

Hahaha....same here.

My idea of splurging is occassionally buying a $5.00 bouquet from Walmart and putting it in a vase, plus I have learned which flowers last the longest and buy those. I don't know about y'all, but the fact that I only paid $5.00 for them seems to make me as happy as the flowers do.:D

Ranger Mom
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Hahaha....same here.

My idea of splurging is occassionally buying a $5.00 bouquet from Walmart and putting it in a vase, plus I have learned which flowers last the longest and buy those. I don't know about y'all, but the fact that I only paid $5.00 for them seems to make me as happy as the flowers do.:D

If I can just get them to grow in my flowerbed, then I am as happy as I can be!!!:D

AP Panther Fan
01-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I can just get them to grow in my flowerbed, then I am as happy as I can be!!!:D

I like to plant things in my garden area (flower beds) but for some strange reason I always end up with a variety of different plants, most of which, don't flower. I might need to work on that this spring.

Gsquared
01-21-2011, 07:47 AM
I bet she returns the favor and I get home from work today to find a Shiner bouquet on the coffee table. Hope there's ribeyes stuffed in there too.