PDA

View Full Version : Green Turf or Other colors

orange machine
01-19-2011, 11:32 PM
What would you rather have Green Turf
or
These other colors such as the nasty red or any color other than green?

orange machine
01-19-2011, 11:49 PM
I see some people are actually voting for another color other than green, what woud yall propose?

coach
01-19-2011, 11:51 PM
natural grass...with no roof.....playing football inside is so annoying

BaseballUmp
01-19-2011, 11:54 PM
Candy Paint

orange machine
01-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
natural grass...with no roof.....playing football inside is so annoying

I dont have a problem with that either. I think football fields should be played on green grass or green turf no other options. I think the UIL should step in here and put a stop to the color options on a field. Crap before you know it there will be a pink field and i dont see how the UIL could say no to that if they allow Red. The funny thing is i have a feeling that Red field will be turing pinkish in the next 5 years!

coach
01-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
I dont have a problem with that either. I think football fields should be played on green grass or green turf no other options. I think the UIL should step in here and put a stop to the color options on a field. Crap before you know it there will be a pink field and i dont see how the UIL could say no to that if they allow Red. The funny thing is i have a feeling that Red field will be turing pinkish in the next 5 years!

same here....that will fade like crazy and look like crap....

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2011, 11:57 PM
Im just not opposed to the different colors...for now. It's kinda got a cool novelty feel to it. If it becomes the norm, it'll be annoying.
Oh, but gimmie turf over grass any day!

SHSBulldog00
01-19-2011, 11:58 PM
I like green turf.

Imagine Liberty Hill with a Purple Field:eek:

orange machine
01-19-2011, 11:59 PM
the craziest it should look to me is the dark green light green look everyother 5 yards.

PPHSfan
01-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Boise State needs to be blue because they were the first. Everyone else should play on green. It's kinda like no one else should put a green monster in left field. Just sayin.

MJMbrahmas10
01-20-2011, 01:43 AM
If it was candy paint that means it would still be drippin and would make a messy game. But candy blue would be nice

pancho villa
01-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Some of the folks on here want rainbow turf!

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Hidalgo in the Valley has a blue field..........but think its a dark blue....not the boise blue

ccmom
01-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by orange machine

Sweetwater used to have pink endzones. I thought it kind of suited them! :p

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Sweetwater used to have pink endzones. I thought it kind of suited them! :p :fnypost: Are you saying they are effeminate?:eek:

ccmom
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
:fnypost: Are you saying they are effeminate?:eek:

"Prissy" is the word that came to mind, but that works, too! :D :p

GrTigers6
01-20-2011, 10:53 AM
same here....that will fade like crazy and look like crap.... Ours is 4 years old and hasnt faded yet?. the endzones are red and the field is alternate greens, Lite and dark

GreenMonster
01-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Boise State needs to be blue because they were the first. Everyone else should play on green. It's kinda like no one else should put a green monster in left field. Just sayin. I agree, I don't wanna play left field. Put me at first or third! DH is also a really good position for the Green Monster!

BwdLion73
01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Do you think that you could use the color to match your team colors to give you advantage? :thinking:

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Sweetwater used to have pink endzones. I thought it kind of suited them! :p
Originally posted by bobcat1
:fnypost: Are you saying they are effeminate?:eek:
"Prissy" is the word that came to mind, but that works, too! :D :p Prissy? :spitlol: Hey Red!:taunt:

playnhurt
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Old school here, natural grass fields are the best. They look good early season and by late season what grass is left has turned brown. Bad weather can make it sloppy.

If you have to have the grass, make it green. Watching Boise State play on the Smurf Turf with their blue uniforms makes me dizzy!

GrTigers6
01-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by playnhurt
Old school here, natural grass fields are the best. They look good early season and by late season what grass is left has turned brown. Bad weather can make it sloppy.

If you have to have the grass, make it green. Watching Boise State play on the Smurf Turf with their blue uniforms makes me dizzy! I like grass fields as well, However if you have to water, paint and mow them, then Im all for turf.:D

Tired ole Bobcat
01-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I can not vote in the poll as I am restricted due to my number of posts due to someones fuzzy logic. I choose green as the color of the playing surface. Grass or artifical, your choice.

ccmom
01-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
I can not vote in the poll as I am restricted due to my number of posts due to someones fuzzy logic. I choose green as the color of the playing surface. Grass or artifical, your choice. Oh goodie...another poll whiner. :rolleyes:

Tired ole Bobcat
01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
No whinning here, just stating the facts as I see them.

RoyceTTU
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM

A couple of hours on the Assciated word thread and you should be able to vote :D

BwdLion73
01-20-2011, 03:08 PM

Get with LIONS #1, He can help you on post padding. :D :D :D

ccmom
01-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Well, at this pace, a little less than a year from now you can exercise your right to vote! :thumbsup:

I'm just messing with you, by the way. I guess because I rarely bother to vote on these silly polls, I just don't understand what the big deal is. :confused: To each his own. :)

coach
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Get with LIONS #1, He can help you on post padding. :D :D :D

and then he can teach you to call me a fake coach

BwdLion73
01-20-2011, 04:03 PM

;)

RoyceTTU
01-20-2011, 04:07 PM

LIONS#1 IS A DUDE!!!! :D

Tired ole Bobcat
01-20-2011, 04:13 PM
No problem ccmom. You are totally right in the fact that the polls are silly. I dont know how you are but it just urks me to no end not to be able to do something. I will get my 100 posts. Should have already made that goal plus with all of the goings on this fall. I should not be timid about it but I think I always know where i'm going, but some times i'm not sure where i've been. One more down and counting. :)

orange machine
01-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Glad to see green turf is kicking butt.

Black_Magic
01-21-2011, 03:02 PM
we are getting black turf here in snyder next year.:thumbsup:

GrTigers6
01-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
we are getting black turf here in snyder next year.:thumbsup: That would be hot!!!:D

Phantom Stang
01-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
we are getting black turf here in snyder next year.:thumbsup:
Oughta look great after a dust storm.:p

defense51
01-21-2011, 04:10 PM
green turf or grass