PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Soccer Strategy Ever!!

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
So, I had a total of 7 girls show up for tonight's game(opponents had 23). But was Coach Bass worried? That's a negatory, Red Rider! Because he had a game plan. Nay, he had a BRILLIANT game plan.
I instructed my girls to, upon gaining possession of the ball or just seeing an opportunity to get a shot at the ball, to kick it outta bounds as hard as possible and to ALWAYS let the other team or an official go get the ball. In the event we had to retrieve it ourselves, they were instructed to take as long as possible.
Final score: 0-0 tie!'
Get on my level!!

SintonFan
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
How many are supposed to be on the field for the communist sport?:D

j/k
Sounds like a great strategy.:thumbsup:

BaseballUmp
01-19-2011, 10:34 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/brun5w1c/realmenofgenius2D.jpg

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
So, I had a total of 7 girls show up for tonight's game(opponents had 23). But was Coach Bass worried? That's a negatory, Red Rider! Because he had a game plan. Nay, he had a BRILLIANT game plan.
I instructed my girls to, upon gaining possession of the ball or just seeing an opportunity to get a shot at the ball, to kick it outta bounds as hard as possible and to ALWAYS let the other team or an official go get the ball. In the event we had to retrieve it ourselves, they were instructed to take as long as possible.
Get on my level!!

don't you play soccer with like 11?

congrats on the tie?

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Just for info purposes, there are 22 on the field at a time(11 for each team. Didn't know that before December).
It was great to watch the coach's face everytime one of my girls would boot the ball and it would go sailing over his head and land behind the bleachers.

PPHSfan
01-20-2011, 02:45 AM
ETB. you're a friggin jeanyus.

piratebg
01-20-2011, 02:49 AM
LOL :clap: :clap: :clap:

I would have been so pissed if I was the opposing coach. :D

Old LB
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Glad you got the tie, you know you can be carded for wasting time right? (Kicking the ball out, walking to get a ball, ect.) You must of had a good ref. You got a good record going there, maybe you were a soccer coach all along and just didn't know it. :D

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 08:08 AM
That's being a great strategist right there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I bet he was ticked. :D

pancho villa
01-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Get on my level!!

Dude I am taking your man coaching card away. You can't hang out with me anymore.

Phil C
01-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Get on my level!!

BRILLIANT!

Tie one for the Bass! ;)

Gsquared
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
ETB, next US Team coach in the World Cup? :p

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Dude I am taking your man coaching card away. You can't hang out with me anymore.

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/haters-gonna-hate-monkey-crossed%20legs-1291945299k.jpg

hollywood
01-20-2011, 10:40 AM
LOL, even though it was a good stradegy to NOT lose, I wouldn't call that playing soccer. What would have been even sweeter is, if you would have beat that team by passing the ball all over the field keeping the other team from having possession. At least the girls would have had the chance to play soccer instead of kickball. ;)

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
LOL, even though it was a good stradegy to NOT lose, I wouldn't call that playing soccer. What would have been even sweeter is, if you would have beat that team by passing the ball all over the field keeping the other team from having possession. At least the girls would have had the chance to play soccer instead of kickball. ;)

7 vs 11 on the field, plus another 12 on the sidelines. I just wanted to keep it outta double digits. We did get a few shots on their goal, but not many. Their coach refused to shake my hand after the game LOL

GrTigers6
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM
A few years ago, Venus played a stall offense the entire game of basketball hoping to keep the ball away from our high powered offense. If they hadnt made a few mistakes and we werent as good a shooting team as we were then it may have worked. We won 50-25 if I remember correctly. Funny thing is, I think we had the highest shooting percentage that game then we did all year because we had a lot fewer opportunities.:D

hollywood
01-20-2011, 10:49 AM
7 vs 11 on the field, plus another 12 on the sidelines. I just wanted to keep it outta double digits. We did get a few shots on their goal, but not many. Their coach refused to shake my hand after the game LOL

That's awesome! lol

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 10:54 AM
This year(football and soccer) has taught me that sometimes you have to alter your definition of success.

Black_Magic
01-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
How many are supposed to be on the field for the communist sport?:D
j I was thinking the same thing. I think Stalin invented the game didnt he
;)

hollywood
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
I coached a girls soccer game where we were way out matched. So, I decided to load the defense and play pressure D knowing we may not have many shots on their goal but limit shots on our goal... it worked. The other team was averaging 4-5 ppg and we allowed only 1 goal in the final minute of the game. The other coach was so flustered he couldn't even look me in the eye.

hollywood
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I was thinking the same thing. I think Stalin invented the game didnt he
;)

The English did. You ought to try and play sometime... more physical than you think.

eagles_victory
01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Why so little of a turn out for your team?

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Have 16 total, that's just who showed up for this game.
It's kinda the culture of the school.

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 03:28 PM
7 vs 11 on the field, plus another 12 on the sidelines. I just wanted to keep it outta double digits. We did get a few shots on their goal, but not many. Their coach refused to shake my hand after the game LOL I can see you running across the field with right hand extended saying "Dude ain't ya gonna shake hands?" :D

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I can see you running across the field with right hand extended saying "Dude ain't ya gonna shake hands?" :D

He kept yelling "that's not soccer!" during the game. It was classic.

eagles_victory
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
He kept yelling "that's not soccer!" during the game. It was classic. It's like are you really going to try to play him straight up with it being 11 on 7. If he really wanted real soccer he would agree to play 7 on 7.

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 03:59 PM
He kept yelling "that's not soccer!" during the game. It was classic. What would have been classic is for you to had a ref run over there when he was yellin that and throw this flag up http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9757/bser3.gif and hand him a card. http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 04:00 PM
I am really getting a good belly chuckle out of this. http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8350/newlaughqh2.gif

Ernest T Bass
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Refs were getting a kick out of it. Took'em about 10 minutes to figure out what we were doing. One of'em walked up to me and goes "You think you're pretty slick, dontcha?". I said Im just trying to keep it under 30.
The few times the ball went out and it was our ball, we'd all just stand there, looking around. I'd ask the refs "Is it our ball? Are you sure? It's our's? It's not their's? You sure? Maybe we should ask their coach". Anything to keep the clock rolling. They finally threatened to card me if I kept asking questions.

bobcat1
01-20-2011, 07:04 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

coach
01-20-2011, 08:02 PM

Polio from last years basketball team took 3 of them out on a date

SintonFan
01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I was thinking the same thing. I think Stalin invented the game didnt he
;)

It's an old joke...

you stalkin' me?:twitch: :tongue:

PPHSfan
01-20-2011, 11:51 PM
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/haters-gonna-hate-monkey-crossed%20legs-1291945299k.jpg

:eek: :eek:

Saggy Aggie
01-21-2011, 12:11 AM
This thread is full of win.

poisoned10
01-21-2011, 12:19 AM
I remember reading about a basketball game a few years ago where the final score was something like, 5-4.

One team played a stall offense the ENTIRE game. If I remember right, a kid either hit a 3-pointer, or a pair of free throws in the 3rd quarter that turned out to be the game winning point.

Could you imagine hitting the game winning shot. . . IN THE 3RD QUARTER?!

Matthew328
01-21-2011, 10:13 AM
The haters gonna hate pic is awesome

raider red 2000
01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
good job

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/691/bassbw.png[/IMG]

*** too dumb to add a picture****

poisoned10
01-21-2011, 12:01 PM
http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

hollywood
01-21-2011, 02:11 PM
It's like are you really going to try to play him straight up with it being 11 on 7. If he really wanted real soccer he would agree to play 7 on 7.

That's what I was thinking. Arrogant coach.