zebrablue2
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
horns are kicking it!!!

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
Should be a good game tonight
Hook em!!!!

nah horns too much esp. inside...........the aggies will have trouble with that tonight and esp. v. Baylor.

Phil C
01-19-2011, 09:51 PM
As expected Lady Aggies whip Lady Horns 80 to 65 at CS.

Antec
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Lady Longhorn basketball team has been down for a long time since Jody Conradt was there for ever seems like.

eagles_victory
01-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Lady Longhorn basketball team has been down for a long time since Jody Conradt was there for ever seems like. Went out and got a top 5 coach in the country in Gail Gastenkourse sp? but she just hasn't gotten it done. Can't play a full game they were up tonight at half and tied or down 1 against Baylor and got blown out in the second half.

Yoe_09
01-19-2011, 10:38 PM
And right now Texas is blowing out A&M...not even close.

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
And right now Texas is blowing out A&M...not even close.

what a difference a year makes....this time last year horn fans were bashing Barnes and the horns could make a free throw...tonight Bobby Knight comps their big men on be able to make free throws.

eagles_victory
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
what a difference a year makes....this time last year horn fans were bashing Barnes and the horns could make a free throw...tonight Bobby Knight comps their big men on be able to make free throws. I still think Barnes is terrible for the record.

buffalo2006
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
A&M was projected to be down this year so them being at 10 is a surprise. But all they have to do is get to the tournament in March then all is fair game. Texas is loaded and should be undeafed. Hamilton will probably be a top 5 draft choice, a better version of Aldridge

eagleqb_14
01-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Hook em!!!! 80-61 final!

eagles_victory
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
A&M was projected to be down this year so them being at 10 is a surprise. But all they have to do is get to the tournament in March then all is fair game. Texas is loaded and should be undeafed. Hamilton will probably be a top 5 draft choice, a better version of Aldridge Completely different players. Hamilton is more like a poor mans Durant.

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I still think Barnes is terrible for the record.

but a pretty good recruiter of basketball talent..........right?

ccmom
01-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Antec
Lady Longhorn basketball team has been down for a long time since Jody Conradt was there for ever seems like.

Abilene Wylie's Peyton Little verbally committed to UT last year as a sophomore. She's really something to see!! :clap:

sahen
01-20-2011, 11:27 AM
nah horns too much esp. inside...........the aggies will have trouble with that tonight and esp. v. Baylor.

no one has had much trouble with baylor if they were halfway decent...the Aggies would blow us out if we played tomorrow and it doesnt matter where the game is...

Aggies will probably pay the Horns back at Reed Arena....they are a good team...

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by sahen
no one has had much trouble with baylor if they were halfway decent...the Aggies would blow us out if we played tomorrow and it doesnt matter where the game is...

Aggies will probably pay the Horns back at Reed Arena....they are a good team...

Idk what the problem is with Baylor..........but they have a lot of Talent.........and could right the ship at anytime.

navscanmaster
01-20-2011, 12:10 PM
The young big men off the bench, Turner and Davis, had better move their feet a little better in the next meeting. Thompson is a beast, and Loubeau can't do it all by himself.

The real reason the Horns won this game is shooting. 67% from the field in the second half. They were hitting every shot they put up, contested, not contested, or turning, no look fade-aways i.e. Hamilton. Two of the Ags normally reliable shooters, Walkup and Loubeau, were not hitting anything.

eagles_victory
01-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
The young big men off the bench, Turner and Davis, had better move their feet a little better in the next meeting. Thompson is a beast, and Loubeau can't do it all by himself.

The real reason the Horns won this game is shooting. 67% from the field in the second half. They were hitting every shot they put up, contested, not contested, or turning, no look fade-aways i.e. Hamilton. Two of the Ags normally reliable shooters, Walkup and Loubeau, were not hitting anything. If the Ags are going to beat Texas they are going to have to find scoring and do it quickly. Texas is a real good team but A&M looked vastly overrated last night

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 02:06 PM
If the Ags are going to beat Texas they are going to have to find scoring and do it quickly. Texas is a real good team but A&M looked vastly overrated last night

overrated or overmatched?...............there is big difference in products on the floor.

eagles_victory
01-20-2011, 02:09 PM
overrated or overmatched?...............there is big difference in products on the floor. Both while Texas looked good. There is no way in the world that is the 10th best team in college basketball.

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Both while Texas looked good. There is no way in the world that is the 10th best team in college basketball.

right i agree...playing hard enough and good enough to earn a ranking....but there is a different talent level of top ten teams...its a ranking for a program...........the aggies are good and play hard maybe even work harder than the horns and a lot teams...and they are talented but not to a level of a top ten team...that will come.

I think Texas will beat Kansas on Saturday..............but I also think Baylor might just beat Texas twice.....Baylor has talent.

Daddy D 11
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I honestly believe A&M and UT are going to kill Baylor like Kansas did. We just aren't any good, trust me.

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I honestly believe A&M and UT are going to kill Baylor like Kansas did. We just aren't any good, trust me.

sleeping giant.....need the right motivation or get the chemistry right......they have nba talent on that squad.

eagles_victory
01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
sleeping giant.....need the right motivation or get the chemistry right......they have nba talent on that squad. No depth.

NastySlot
01-20-2011, 04:52 PM
No depth.

thats true.....

whata you think about k-state...overrated or what.....I just think that coach is an a-h_le.....and after awhile all that cussing and yelling will cause more problems that fix......they have some serious problems.

sahen
01-20-2011, 05:00 PM
sleeping giant.....need the right motivation or get the chemistry right......they have nba talent on that squad.

a sleeping giant that isn't going to wake up this year it appears...too many turnovers and bad defense...they actually have talent on the bench as well so they shouldnt have depth problems but they arent producing either....most baylor fans are deeply disappointed in this team, most disappointing year of Drew's tenure yet....

eagles_victory
01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
thats true.....

whata you think about k-state...overrated or what.....I just think that coach is an a-h_le.....and after awhile all that cussing and yelling will cause more problems that fix......they have some serious problems. They weren't the third best team in America like a few polls had them early on. People underestimated the loss of Clemente. I think they don't have the talent most thought they did early on plus Pullen missing games in the middle of the year hurt .

A coach like Frank Martin becomes harder to deal with when things aren't going well wouldn't surprise me if they mail it in and miss the tournament.

Red Bull
01-21-2011, 09:02 AM
A&M at #10 was probably overrated, but that is how the polls work. You get ranked and win 13 in a row and others loose so you move up. Polls really don't matter this time of year. We all found that out last year when Texas was the most overratted team in NCAA history. They were ranked #1 and just a few weeks later were completely out of the polls. I think that was only the second time that had ever happened. Talk about overrated.

This years Texas team is actually that - a team. Barnes may have finally learned how to put it all together and that could be scarry. I guess we will see if they are for real tomorrow at Kansas. That should be a great game.

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Red Bull
A&M at #10 was probably overrated, but that is how the polls work. You get ranked and win 13 in a row and others loose so you move up. Polls really don't matter this time of year. We all found that out last year when Texas was the most overratted team in NCAA history. They were ranked #1 and just a few weeks later were completely out of the polls. I think that was only the second time that had ever happened. Talk about overrated.

This years Texas team is actually that - a team. Barnes may have finally learned how to put it all together and that could be scarry. I guess we will see if they are for real tomorrow at Kansas. That should be a great game.

lol wow

eagles_victory
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull

This years Texas team is actually that - a team. Barnes may have finally learned how to put it all together and that could be scarry. I guess we will see if they are for real tomorrow at Kansas. That should be a great game. They were like the last undefeated team in the country it's not like they were preseason number 1 and went 0-31.