PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns Sports Network

db1980
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/texas-reaches-20-year-300-million-deal-with-1195427.html

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2011, 01:59 PM
woohoo...expect your cable bill to go up about $5/month whether you want the channel or not!

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 02:14 PM
i heard rumor they might televise H.S. sporting events....that along with watching Horn baseball games would be great...........i can live without most of the other sports.

theville
01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Will it run on Time Warner?

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by theville
Will it run on Time Warner?

My Time Warner already has some sort of BevoNetwork.... I guess for pay for view stuff.

Be_Advised
01-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i heard rumor they might televise H.S. sporting events....that along with watching Horn baseball games would be great...........i can live without most of the other sports.

Horns baseball games televised would be great.

SHSBulldog00
01-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Can you get it on Dish?

Phil C
01-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I want it! I don't care if I have to let TCM and others go and just get the basics I want it!

:mad:

db1980
01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I hope this isn't the beginning of the Longhorns becoming an independant....

JHS_c/o_06'
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I would officially like to say:

My school is better than yours.

This is going to be great for the University.

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by db1980

I've said that for along time.

don't they have football series with BYU and Notre Dame coming soon?

eagles_victory
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I've said that for along time.

don't they have football series with BYU and Notre Dame coming soon? Got the Mormons starting next year.

SintonFan
01-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I want it! I don't care if I have to let TCM and others go and just get the basics I want it!

:mad:

:eek: :( :(

Truly a sign of the apocalypse...:(

TheDOCTORdre
01-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by db1980

out of all the schools that could be independent, Texas would be the best at it

navscanmaster
01-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
out of all the schools that could be independent, Texas would be the best at it

Soooo.......they would play BYU, Notre Dame, an academy, and then fight to fill out the remaining nine games on their schedule. It is just a scheduling nightmare for any independent school. I think they should all have to join a conference, and if none offer, the NCAA should assign them to a conference. I have thought that Army and Navy would make neat football additions to the Big East for a while now. Notre Dame fits in with the Big 10 and BYU should stay put in the Mtn. West.

TheDOCTORdre
01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Soooo.......they would play BYU, Notre Dame, an academy, and then fight to fill out the remaining nine games on their schedule. It is just a scheduling nightmare for any independent school. I think they should all have to join a conference, and if none offer, the NCAA should assign them to a conference. I have thought that Army and Navy would make neat football additions to the Big East for a while now. Notre Dame fits in with the Big 10 and BYU should stay put in the Mtn. West.

oh I agree that all schools should be in a conference but Texas would be able to pull it off better than any of the other Ind. Texas is a cash cow with or without a conference

Rabid Cougar
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM
I guess they can cut tuition cost now??????

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

no not as big a nightmare as you might think ....when you schedule 8-9 home games....than work out BCS deal like Notre Dame.

scheduling is a lot different for colleges than high school when you guarantee money for teams to come to your place.....and with the tv..........think of the guarantee.

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
oh I agree that all schools should be in a conference but Texas would be able to pull it off better than any of the other Ind. Texas is a cash cow with or without a conference

oh i beg to differ ....texas needs to be in conference with tech, the aggies and baylor...or other texas schools.......believe it or not if all the texas schools parted ways...went to different conferences the horns would lose those so called "t-shirt" (sorry not trying to offend)...it would be easy to have two favorite texas teams to support when they didn't play each other...easier to watch two or more and pull for them...when they re not in same conference....(rivalaries could still exsist) just look at how many people jumped on the tcu wagon....I even have attended a couple horn games in the past few years....and pulled for them in the rose bowl and I'm an Aggie......Texas lets face it is a conference killer....Arkansas left the SWC because of Texas.....and Nebraska left the Big XII because of Texas.....and believe it or not ....Texas worked hard to keep Tech, A&M and even Baylor in Big XII...............why? If Texas went independent....it might hurt them ..........just a little bit and not just with money...the Horns are going to get their money.

TCU has done it right.

NastySlot
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
mistyped....thats horned frog games......but will at times travel over to austin for a football game and some baseball.