PDA

View Full Version : John Rhadigan to replace the greatest Ranger Ever...

coach
01-19-2011, 01:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4859552/sources-john-rhadigan-to-be-tv-voice

its been a good run but josh and tag was not going to last forever...now its Rhad and Tag

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Nice guy.

He's filled in before and done fine.

Will be interesting to see how he develops with the full-time job though.

PPHSfan
01-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Chuck Norris is the " Greatest Ranger Ever".

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by coach
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4859552/sources-john-rhadigan-to-be-tv-voice

its been a good run but josh and tag was not going to last forever...now its Rhad and Tag

Josh was great when the team was bad, but as they became good IMO his play by play suffered because it became more about the game than his pop cultrue references.

I dont know if he is anywhere near being the greatest...Lucas and Hitzges and Busby and Sundberg IMO were just as good

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Josh was great when the team was bad, but as they became good IMO his play by play suffered because it became more about the game than his pop cultrue references.

I dont know if he is anywhere near being the greatest...Lucas and Hitzges and Busby and Sundberg IMO were just as good

I still miss Mark Holtz...IMO the greatest Ranger broadcaster ever.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I still miss Mark Holtz...IMO the greatest Ranger broadcaster ever.

yes him and Nadel were the best team ever...I was just talking on the TV side.

coach
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Tom and Josh were, by far, the best team in baseball.

crzyjournalist03
01-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yes him and Nadel were the best team ever...I was just talking on the TV side.

Holtz did TV for the Rangers for two and a half seasons before his health failed...I didn't even remember him on the radio. I didn't really follow the Rangers until around 1995 though, so that's not surprising.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Holtz did TV for the Rangers for two and a half seasons before his health failed...I didn't even remember him on the radio. I didn't really follow the Rangers until around 1995 though, so that's not surprising.

he was solid on TV..but him and Nadel on radio was true magic....My dad and I would have to find the radio signal back in the 80's in East Texas because we did not have cable..that meant sometimes going back in the pasture on our land to get a clear signal..but it was worth it even with the team being bad

Astrosdawg07
01-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by coach
Tom and Josh were, by far, the best team in baseball.

Not at all! Lewin was the biggest homer I've ever heard. If you ask me he was a bigger homer than Milo Hamilton.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Not at all! Lewin was the biggest homer I've ever heard. If you ask me he was a bigger homer than Milo Hamilton.

that is what teams want, a homer broadcast

coach
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM

10 times better than the lastros guys...those guys put me to sleep they are so boring....

eagles_victory
01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Not at all! Lewin was the biggest homer I've ever heard. If you ask me he was a bigger homer than Milo Hamilton. Im sure he tried to think of good things to say about the astros... There just weren't any.