PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads Amateur Football League

Blackcat1954
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Well Amateur football teams are coming to El Campo and Bay City this season which starts on Feb. 5 with Bay City and El Campo playing.

The Crossroads League, based out of Victoria area- has teams playing on Saturday nights until early May at either high school or junior high stadiums.

Not really looking forward to covering these games for kids 18 years of age and older. There are even two Bay City seniors who are 18 and will be playing these games.

Bay City AD Robert Blackmon isn't supporting the idea- saying the younger kids should worry about and education and getting a job.

I have my Friday nights busy already with covering basketball games and soon to be baseball and softball.

Now I'll have to worry about Saturday night football which doesn't seem that appealing. Doubt I will go to all the games, especially out town

Will pick and choose home games-Seems like I just finished with high school football- Aug-Nov for 12 weeks

http://crossroadsamateurfootball.com/default.aspx

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Gotta know when it hang'em up. From some of the pictures, I hope there's at least one EMT on site for every game.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2011, 02:25 PM
If they find people wanting to play, why does anyone else care or judge those wanting to play?

Blackcat1954
02-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Football game between El Campo and Bay City in BC is still own for tomorrow night

Will be there for least a quarter to take some pictures

Hope its not too cold-They should have canceled it but they are playing