PDA

View Full Version : Passed a kidney stone the other day....

Cam
01-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Anybody got any preventative measures for these painful little bastards? I've been producing em for half my life now. Got quite a rock collection..thinking of making a necklace or something....they're actually quite pretty...Darn doctors have never been able to fix this problem for me.....

PPHSfan
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Anybody got any preventative measures for these painful little bastards? I've been producing em for half my life now. Got quite a rock collection..thinking of making a necklace or something....they're actually quite pretty...Darn doctors have never been able to fix this problem for me.....

I've had them to the point of surgery. I quit drinking tea and milk. Have not had one in two years.

lv2937
01-19-2011, 12:37 PM
drink alot of water and stay away from salt

Gsquared
01-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Dang, if they hurt that bad id just leave well enough alone and just dont pass em.

catgut
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I've probably had 25 or more of them. I went to doctor that stopped them once for a few years but his office visits got so expensive I had to quit going. Now I have one or two a year. If you want the doctor's name I can give it to you.

Old LB
01-19-2011, 12:45 PM
TMI.......TMI

catgut
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dang, if they hurt that bad id just leave well enough alone and just dont pass em. LOL..the pain isn't in passing them. The pain comes when they're getting in position to pass.

tex_male
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Cam

Get blood work done to test uric acid levels. Last time I had kidney stones it was due to my uric acid being high, kidneys couldn't keep up on removing it.

Gsquared
01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Get blood work done to test uric acid levels. Last time I had kidney stones it was due to my uric acid being high, kidneys couldn't keep up on removing it.
Thats from lickin to many stamps

PPHSfan
01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by catgut
LOL..the pain isn't in passing them. The pain comes when they're getting in position to pass.
True Dat. The final passing only hurts for a split second. Unless....... well some of you know. :D

Black_Magic
01-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Anybody got any preventative measures for these painful little bastards? I've been producing em for half my life now. Got quite a rock collection..thinking of making a necklace or something....they're actually quite pretty...Darn doctors have never been able to fix this problem for me..... Our basketball coach passed this last year.
http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-media/96/60196-004-5C2E1BF1.jpg

Blackcat1954
01-19-2011, 01:04 PM
I had one kidney stone attack while interviewing then Wharton coach Jesse Crow at his office on day.

He had to take me to the emergency room that I was in so much pain

Passed it that same night and haven't had once since.This had to be in the early 90s.

The first one I had I was shopping in a grocery store in Houston and had to go the hospital,

I don't eat that much salty food or drink milk but drink a lot of tea and soda

Hopefully I'll never have another

Gsquared
01-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Our basketball coach passed this last year.
http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-media/96/60196-004-5C2E1BF1.jpg
Dang, he passed a meteroite? Nice!!!

Cam
01-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dang, he passed a meteroite? Nice!!!

lol!!! man, that dude must be hung!

theville
01-19-2011, 02:20 PM
They put sound waves through me.

SINCE THEY DIDNT PUT A STINT in me they thought it would pass without it. What happened was it got stuck (the chunks) in my groin area. Had to stay a couple of nights then finally they put a cathader in me to finally pass it.

The KS I had was a quarter big and it busted into little stones. I passed about 8 of those little ****ers and I was on my knees.

Doc said it was a calcium build up. No dairy products for me any more.

Gsquared
01-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by theville

SINCE THEY DIDNT PUT A STINT in me they thought it would pass without it. What happened was it got stuck (the chunks) in my groin area. Had to stay a couple of nights then finally they put a cathader in me to finally pass it.

The KS I had was a quarter big and it busted into little stones. I passed about 8 of those little ****ers and I was on my knees.

How can you live in Stephenville and not have dairy products? :doh:

Cam
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by theville

Man dude, you have my sympathies! A quarter size? You sure there weren't any diamonds in there?
Well, I hear the no milk deal. However, recent studies are now saying the lack of calcium is what's causing the stones! This is for stones made from calcium oxalate. So, now I'm more confused by what the docs are saying......No milk...more milk...I don't think they know what the hell they're talking about......
And where are all the ladies on this one? How come ya'll don't get as many rocks?

theville
01-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Its compared to giving birth.

Worst pain of my entire life.