PDA

View Full Version : Leander stud/A&M "commit" in trouble

LH Panther Mom
01-18-2011, 09:28 PM
This kind of stuff makes me really sad. :( And it also kind of torks me when a kid has a promising future & blows it.

Leander star charged... (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2011/01/18/leander_star_ar.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news)

In unrelated news, Coach Steve Gideon (Leander HS) has resigned. :eek: I don't have a link, but hubby's coworker has kids that play @ LHS and that's the word.

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Coach Steve Gideon (Leander HS) has resigned. :eek: I don't have a link, but hubby's coworker has kids that play @ LHS and that's the word.

THAT IS HUGE!!!

bobcat1
01-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Sad all the way around. Some kids work hard to get something others got as a gift. It seems the gifted ones just throw it away. Ticks me off too LHPM.

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 09:41 PM
It is sad, indeed. Sorry, this time of year I get excited about HC openings.

LH Panther Mom
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Sorry, this time of year I get excited about HC openings.
:D

I don't know if he's retiring or just resigning. He seems pretty young, to me, to retire.

Saggy Aggie
01-18-2011, 09:45 PM
I wonder what happened to his commitment? I know I looked him up on A&M's recruiting class and didn't see him, and then I read through the article and saw that it said he was no longer listed as an A&M commit.:doh:

oldtownag
01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I wonder what happened to his commitment? I know I looked him up on A&M's recruiting class and didn't see him, and then I read through the article and saw that it said he was no longer listed as an A&M commit.:doh:

When it comes to recruiting you are guilty until proven innocent. I am sure the offer was withdrawn.

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:D

I don't know if he's retiring or just resigning. He seems pretty young, to me, to retire.

Makes me no difference. It's open is all that matters to me! :clap:

Phil C
01-18-2011, 10:10 PM
I always hate this type of news. I hope he will use it as a learning experience and turn his life around. After all he didn't kill anyone.

PPHSfan
01-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Funny I didn't see the word alleged anywhere. Has the trial already taken place? Isn't there some downlow rule about posting this kind of stuff about kids?

Just wondering?

Ernest T Bass
01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
PPHS, sounds like your beef is with the American Statesman. They're the ones who wrote and published the article.
LHPM, Im still unable to verify Coach Gideon's resignation. But I do know his wife was battling breast cancer a few years ago, but is said to be a few Dr appointments away from cancer free.

PPHSfan
01-18-2011, 11:00 PM
PPHS, sounds like your beef is with the American Statesman. They're the ones who wrote and published the article.
LHPM, Im still unable to verify Coach Gideon's resignation. But I do know his wife was battling breast cancer a few years ago, but is said to be a few Dr appointments away from cancer free.

I don't really have a beef with anyone. But if he were my kid, I wouldn't appreciate this board assuming anything. I have an opinion, but he is seventeen, so I will keep it to myself.

coach
01-19-2011, 07:25 AM
sounds like he is hanging out with the wrong kind of ppl

K-MAC Chuck
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
LHPM, Im still unable to verify Coach Gideon's resignation.

Confirmed by 2 different football sources - made some calls this morning. Will post when I hear it from someone tied in with the school, unless someone can do that before I do.

Ernest T Bass
01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Confirmed by 2 different football sources - made some calls this morning. Will post when I hear it from someone tied in with the school, unless someone can do that before I do.

I saw that too. Can't believe the Statesman hasn't gotten ahold of it.

44INAROW
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
dang, this sounds familiar........ except the one I'm thinking about was indicted..... still got to play.. then arrested again and again.. ................. :doh:

navscanmaster
01-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
dang, this sounds familiar........ except the one I'm thinking about was indicted..... still got to play.. then arrested again and again.. ................. :doh:

Oh yeah. That one played. Had it not been for him, it would have been Navasota vs. Cuero in the 2008 semis....and another opponent for Prosper in the finals.

LH Panther Mom
01-19-2011, 09:31 PM
LHPM, Im still unable to verify Coach Gideon's resignation.
AAS - retirement (http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/varsitynews/entries/2011/01/19/leanders_gideon.html?cxntfid=blogs_varsity_news)